Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

On 9/18/2016 at 9:40 PM, SemperFi Skins said:

Call Greg Hardy... **** it... And Knighton too, unless we're mailing it in

we have no pass rush!

See, I don't want Hardy or any of the other around the league guys. If anything we're realizing that this team (still) has a lot of holes on defense and has a ways to go. I'm much more in favor of scouting the young talent to see  if we can find another Baker or young guy who dropped for one reason or another. Hopefully Lanier can become something.

This is annoying.  You get 5 penalties from the Center position in just two games.  Then your developmental Center gets claimed and you're left with Long, who at this point you should be asking "is he that much worse than the drive killer that is Kory Lichtensteiger?"  The answer for me is probably "no," being that you hope he can only get better.

We haven't won a game since we got rid of the twitter thread... just saying...

23 minutes ago, DC9 said:

This is annoying.  You get 5 penalties from the Center position in just two games.  Then your developmental Center gets claimed and you're left with Long, who at this point you should be asking "is he that much worse than the drive killer that is Kory Lichtensteiger?"  The answer for me is probably "no," being that you hope he can only get better.

We haven't won a game since we got rid of the twitter thread... just saying...

Jack Allen, played with Kirk his last year as Center/Guard... Runs away before Conn comes in here to yell at me.

The Redskins lost practice squad center Austin Reiter to the Browns when they signed him to their active roster Tuesday, a source said. Reiter, a seventh-round pick in 2015, spent most of last season on the Redskins' practice squad. He was released by the Redskins on Sept. 13, only to be re-signed to the practice squad. The Redskins have Spencer Long to back up starting center Kory Lichtensteiger. They like how Long has developed and, though they still believe there's a gap between his play and Lichtensteiger's, they feel he can still improve. So if they made a move with Lichtensteiger in the offseason, they could turn to Long or draft another one.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/20/browns-waiving-scooby-wright/

Browns waiving rookie LB Scooby Wright

The Browns will also be announcing another roster move later Tuesday as they need to create two roster spots, one for veteran quarterback Charlie Whitehurst and another for center Austin Reiter, who they’re signing off the practice squad of the Redskins.

The Browns selected Wright in the seventh round last April, making him the last of their 14 draft picks. Twelve of those 14 remain on the team’s active roster.

If Karlos has put in the work to lose the weight and get as close to game shape as possible without actually practicing with a team, I'd love to have him. 

No thanks to ASJ, he's a talented idiot who could never put it together in TB, or really in college (though that was due to injuries mostly). We're deep at TE. He'd actually be perfect as the long-term replacement for VD as the #2 TE but he just doesn't have his priorities in the right place. Embarrassed himself and the team and almost lost his roster spot originally during training camp for a 4-5 hour long social media blowout where he and fans just went back and forth over the stupidest ****. 

The footage of his DUI arrest was actually released, and you can see that he was going to get off on a warning and then started blabbing his ass off, revealing his slurred speech and getting himself in more trouble. The guy is an idiot, period.

On 9/20/2016 at 4:55 PM, wilco_holland said:

Ik really thought Reiter made 53 and we went into the season with 3 centers ?...

To bad he left. Was rooting for him. 

he did, but he was cut and put on the PS  after week one and Cleveland picked him up after week 2

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's ok guys, it's not like the Browns will know what to do with him. He will be available again soon.

We just have to hope that they haven't broken him emotionally, physically and mentally while sucking the soul from His body by then. 

He's probably more pissed off that he's on the Brown's than we are.

Everyone keeps ****ing about our DL.  Honestly, I think CJenkins/Baker/RJF are a formidable group.  At worst, they aren't the pile of potato peels that everyone seems to think they are.   The LBs behind them are not good at football.  Maybe Spaight can get some burn, but not convinced he'd be much better.

Pouring one out for Reiter.  My thoughts go out to him and his family.

You know, Reiter tweeted out something yesterday and his profile pic is still of him in Redskins uniform, lol. 

I don't know, I thought that was funny. I'm lame like that. 

Ok, just looked. He's actually got two recent tweets like that: 

I looked and didn't see any Browns' fans complaining. You know we'd be all over that, lol, new bubble guy or not. 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Everyone keeps ****ing about our DL.  Honestly, I think CJenkins/Baker/RJF are a formidable group.  At worst, they aren't the pile of potato peels that everyone seems to think they are.   The LBs behind them are not good at football.  Maybe Spaight can get some burn, but not convinced he'd be much better.

I think they'd be great pass rush wise if they could get more obvious passing down situations. The problem is they all are easily moved at times or just completely blow their gap assignment, and it happens so often RBs are too easily getting past them (which, in turn, highlights the lack of solid talent at LB and Safety). There's just way too many 6-9 yard gains now. 

Ziggy Hood is included in this as well, though he may be playing the most fundamentally sound ball of them all. 

So teams are in way too many short yardage situations all game. They essentially can never pin their ears back. 

I wonder if maybe they're just too aggressive in pushing up field and, therefore, they end up not maintaining gap integrity. Actually, I hope that. Because I shudder at what it'd mean if that wasn't the problem. It'd mean they're simply getting handled physically. 

I'm intrigued by what the Giants are going to do game plan wise. They've been pretty balanced this year (56% pass, 44% run), but haven't been very successful on the ground, so I'm sure they're thinking they're going to get it going against us. I wouldn't be surprised if they're running the ball even more than they have already. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they come with play action pass after play action pass assuming we're going to cheat to stop it. 

I just hope our defense gets it together. If they just play more fundamentally sound football and stop trying to make things happen all the time , they might be able to turn it around. 

Archived