Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

17 minutes ago, DC9 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCOTIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 40s40 seconds ago

Former Vikings C John Sullivan is signing with the #Redskins today, source said. He worked out for them earlier.

Why this didn't happen sooner I'll never understand. Litch isn't good anymore. Hope he never sees the field as a Redskin again.

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Is Mike Neal still out there?

Cause if he is... I think we're fine in the secondary but I wouldn't mind a Mike Neal being added to this front 7. 

I'd also sign Pot Roast over a guard, so long as Sully pans out.

Free agent OLB Mike Neal said he was not offered a new contract by the Packers.
"They never offered me a deal for me to turn down," Neal said. "If they would have offered me a deal, I would have been back in Green Bay." A second-round pick of the Packers in 2010, Neal has managed just 19 sacks in 68 career games. 29 in June, he might have to wait until injuries strike in training camp to find a home. May 17 - 10:12 AM
Source: Packers News

If Sully is fully recovered from the back surgery, he is a pretty substantial upgrade (talent wise) over Lichty.  Obviously he needs to learn the offense, but we can probably run more power with him in there.  Hope he gets up to speed quickly.  Doubt he'll be ready for this Sunday, but perhaps we can now lineup Long at LG once Sully is ready to go...

It must be official per Wikipedia: John Sullivan (born August 8, 1985) is an American football center for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). Sullivan played college football for the University of Notre Dame. He was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

:redskins-3908:

Also in BRBN

CSN - With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety

PSA Bubba's Redskins Breaking News only has 25 articles on the first page instead of the 40 under the old system, so don't forget to check the second page for more

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

A source says the Redskins are putting center Kory Lichtensteiger on injured reserve after he suffered a calf injury Sunday. It was initially described as a moderate injury, but the Redskins are signing veteran center John Sullivan today for depth. They also have Spencer Long, who can start at center until, or if, Sullivan is needed to take over.

49 minutes ago, illone said:

If Sully is fully recovered from the back surgery, he is a pretty substantial upgrade (talent wise) over Lichty.  Obviously he needs to learn the offense, but we can probably run more power with him in there.  Hope he gets up to speed quickly.  Doubt he'll be ready for this Sunday, but perhaps we can now lineup Long at LG once Sully is ready to go...

I gotta imagine that's the problem though.  Nobody was jumping to scoop him up.  

http://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-sign-cb-tye-smith-practice-squad/

Redskins Sign CB Tye Smith To Their Practice Squad

The Washington Redskins have signed CB Tye Smith to their practice squad on Tuesday, according to his agent Sean Stellato.

Smith, 23, is a former fifth-round pick of the Seahawks back in May of last year. He was in the second year of his four-year, $2.446 million contract and set to make a base salary of $525,000 for the 2016 season when the Seahawks cut him loose coming out of the preseason.

Seattle later signed him to their practice squad before cutting him loose in recent weeks.

In 2015, Smith appeared in four games for the Seahawks and recorded one tackle and no interceptions.

Overview

2014: First-team All-CAA. Started all 12 games. 2013: Second-team All-CAA. Played in all 16 games with 15 starts. 2012: Started all 11 games at cornerback. 2011: Played in 11 games with four starts. Started four of final five games.

Pro Day Results

40-yard dash: 4.51 and 4.61 seconds
Vertical jump: 34 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 4 inches

Analysis

Strengths

Shows some closing speed. Good awareness in zone coverage, with length to challenge the catch. Will hit open-field receiver with some force. Hard worker. Brings competitive attitude to the field.

Weaknesses

Looks rail thin in the uniform. Skinny through entire lower body. No sand in his pants to take on physical wide receivers. Complete non-factor tackling size on perimeter. Play strength is a major issue for him. A little sloppy opening up out of press.

Draft Projection

Undrafted

Bottom Line

Average athletic traits with decent ball skills but a substantial deficiency in play strength. West Virginia peppered Smith with hitches to wide receiver Kevin White and Smith was unable to respond favorably. He can make it into a camp, but likely lacks enough meat on his bones to become a roster factor.

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

The Safety brought in is Josh Evans, FS... just for a tryout as of now.

6'1, 207

6th rounder by Jags in 2013

That's more passes defended than D. Hall had last year.

Looks like I have some OP updating to do when I get home.

The Redskins placed the following players on their Reserve/Injured list:

S DeAngelo Hall

C Kory Lichtensteiger

The Redskins signed the following free agent:

C John Sullivan

The Redskins signed the following practice squad player to their active roster:

OL Vinston Painter

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

CB Tye Smith

The Redskins released the following practice squad player:

LB Amarlo Herrera

Archived