Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

Ravens released RB Justin Forsett.
Forsett was let go at the end of training camp only to resurface with Baltimore a few days later. This time, it looks like he'll be gone for good. Forsett couldn't get anything going in his three starts this year (3.2 yards per carry) and was a healthy scratch against Oakland in Week 4. With future lead back Kenneth Dixon (knee) set to return this week, Forsett is no longer needed. The soon-to-be 31-year-old shouldn't have too much trouble finding a new home, though his days of being a relevant fantasy contributor are probably over. Oct 4 - 11:24 AM

The good and the bad: Kirk Cousins

Hot: Cousins has completed 72.5 percent of his passes, with two TDs, no INTs, no sacks, a 110.2 passer rating and 86.2 Total QBR, in first quarters. Not: Cousins' second-half Total QBR (40.0) cannot compare to his 80.7 figure for first halves. He has two picks and a 5.7 QBR in the red zone after halftime.

We must not have liked how he worked last season, and think it would be a bad precedent to set for everyone else if we rewarded him by bringing him back? 

It's crazy to me that not a single one of 32 teams want him, even as a role player.

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Think they are probably already upset enough at the 6 lunches he ate every day last year 

I remember standing next to him at training camp last year and feeling like a a little kid standing next to his father, the guy is huge, shame he didn't work out.

Just saw the news about Reyes... bummer. I was hoping he'd be another steal no one saw coming.

On the bright side, at least Scot is willing to cut a guy he signed who isn't living up to expectations. He doesn't hold on for the sake of holding on. I'm more than OK with that.

I wonder who we bring up. My money is on Louis Nix. he has the size (6-2, 331), and he's young. Plus he doesn't have the history of failure in this system. He's a former 3rd rounder who's currently on our practice squad so he probably knows the system.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/louis-nix?id=2543472

Strengths

Outstanding size. Commands a double team and has two-gap ability. Good quickness off the snap. Has press strength and power to push blockers into the backfield. Shows disruptive ability when his battery is charged. Flashes an arm-over. Redirects well for a big man. Nice pursuit effort. Strong wrap tackler. Scheme versatile.

Weaknesses

Can play with better leverage against double teams. Does not dominate single blocking. Needs to improve hand use -- punch impact, counter moves and shed timing. Limited pass-rush value (minimal sack production). Can do a better job protecting his legs -- is not as strong on his pegs as you'd expect and spends too much time on the ground. Conditioning and stamina will have to be monitored -- takes plays off and weight has fluctuated.

Draft Projection

Rounds 1-2

Bottom Line

Despite standing to benefit from a more dominant senior season in South Bend, Nix, who already graduated, opted to forgo his final year of eligibility in order to provide for 13 siblings. He does not enter the NFL with momentum, having coped with knee tendinitis before season-ending surgery to repair a torn left meniscus, and too often his gregarious personality and media hype overshadowed his performance. However, if the massive interior defender taps into his power more consistently, Nix has ample mass, strength and athleticism to anchor a "30" front as a space-eating, block-occupying run stuffer.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I wonder who we bring up. My money is on Louis Nix. he has the size (6-2, 331), and he's young. Plus he doesn't have the history of failure in this system. He's a former 3rd rounder who's currently on our practice squad so he probably knows the system.

I read that he currently isn't on the PS.  Looks like he was cut last month?

16 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Just sign Roast and get it over with. We're literally playing a 3-4 without a NT. 

It's been awhile since he was released from Patriots which means he's probably out of shape.  I'm not in favor of signing a guy because he's a guy.  Pass!

Hail Em Up!

2 minutes ago, Saeth29 said:

I read that he currently isn't on the PS.  Looks like he was cut last month?

OK, lets look at another player then (although I like Nix),

Bobby Richardson
DE #68 (6-3, 268)

One year of experience with New Orleans, started in 11 games, with an Int, half a sack, 20 tackles, and 20 assists.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RichBo00.htm
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bobby-richardson?id=2552677

Strengths

Athletic big man with plus agility. Has great coordination between hands and feet. Has long arms and works his hands inside. Looks to shed blocker quickly against the run. Plays with stronger base than expected for his size and doesn't give blockers a squared target for long. Played defensive end in Indiana's 3-4. Fires upfield with desired burst and plays on lineman's edge as pass rusher. Relentless motor with a desire to get his licks in on the ball carrier as often as he can. Eyes stay on the prize. Almost always finds and chases running backs and quarterbacks no matter how far across field. Uses quick spin move to free himself from contact or to come underneath on his pass rush. Team captain. Blocked a field goal and two extra points during time at Indiana.

Weaknesses

Lacks desired height of 3-4 end and desired mass of a 4-3 defensive tackle. Might not be clean fit for some defenses and could limit teams who have him prioritized on draft board. Shows some hesitation when asked to change directions to tackle running backs. Misses more tackle opportunities than he should. Must develop a game plan as a rusher rather than relying on just his athleticism and hand usage. Gets gap-happy and will lose leverage against run.

Draft Projection

Round 3 or 4

Sources Tell Us

"He's a good prospect and with those long arms, that makes him a taller player than his listed height the way we do things. I don't worry about his fit because everyone runs so many sub-packages now. Just go get a guy with athleticism who can be disruptive. That's him." -- AFC area scout

NFL Comparison

Jerel Worthy

Bottom Line

Richardson's tape is full of plays and near plays thanks to his outstanding pursuit and his ability to shed and find the ball quickly. While he lacks the desired height to play defensive end in an odd front, his length and outstanding work with his hands give him a shot at that spot. He has enough strength and room for more bulk to project inside in an upfield 4-3 defense. Richardson's athleticism and hand usage make him an ascending prospect with starter potential.

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm guessing we sign Donte Whitner

I'm not against this move, but I hope we give Fuller and Duke a chance. Maybe we have and decided that neither is good enough. Whitner could be a good holdover, but my question is didn't Rapport say we didn't want him?

Reading the info on Bobby Richardson, I'm really curious to know why the Saints gave up on him? Was it because of the DC change? I read some preseason articles on him and he was appearantly tearing it up in practice, but one comment was that he over-pursues and plays with too much energy. I get that being a problem, but he's a young guy who showed talent last year. You don't see many DL get 40 tackles as a rookie.

Archived