Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

The hell? The weird thing about that is he was their most likely mid-round pick to actually make an impact...they spent a couple of 4ths on raw, talented WR's with off-field questions in Demarcus Robinson and Tyreek Hill (who is a dick but a pure playmaker--already scored his first TD on his only touch this weekend). Just crazy to cut a 3rd rounder, what the hell is going on there

Just checked out a Chiefs board...sounds like he's been beaten out by another rookie who isn't as athletic but has been more technically sound. Russell still recovering from an injury from last season, I guess.

Too bad we don't have any room for another developmental CB (although I'd cut Toler if this guy could pass a physical)

Guy is a freak: At 5'11/192, Russell ran 4.49 with a 38 1/2-inch vertical and 11-foot-2 broad jump. Raw, coming off an injury...still.

Damnit, the Packers just released their rookie RB... They haven't filled the spot yet. Guarantee their going after Spiller...

damn our organization if it happens... 

And I'm going to still beat the drum on bringing back Pot Roast and signing Jack Allen off of the Saints PS who could be a step in Center off the bat...

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Damnit, the Packers just released their rookie RB... They haven't filled the spot yet. Guarantee their going after Spiller...

damn our organization if it happens... 

And I'm going to still beat the drum on bringing back Pot Roast and signing Jack Allen off of the Saints PS who could be a step in Center off the bat...

Been reading lots of stuff that Spiller is dumb as a doornail and in two offseasons couldn't pick up the Saints offense at a satisfactory level for them to really feel comfortable with him, even though he's finally healthy now. I mean, it makes sense...his salary is already guaranteed and they also kept him around long enough to pay his roster bonus, so they were obviously waiting for the turning point and it never came. Only thing that really makes sense. 

And you're freaking delusional if you think the entire league is just leaving a potential starting center out there on a PS. I'd say its much, much, much more likely that your evaluation of Jack Allen was probably just a bit off and he needs a lot of work.

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Been reading lots of stuff that Spiller is dumb as a doornail and in two offseasons couldn't pick up the Saints offense at a satisfactory level for them to really feel comfortable with him, even though he's finally healthy now. I mean, it makes sense...his salary is already guaranteed and they also kept him around long enough to pay his roster bonus, so they were obviously waiting for the turning point and it never came. Only thing that really makes sense. 

And you're freaking delusional if you think the entire league is just leaving a potential starting center out there on a PS. I'd say its much, much, much more likely that your evaluation of Jack Allen was probably just a bit off and he needs a lot of work.

4 year starter at Michigan State, in pro-style offense. Can play any position on the line. Most accomplished athlete in school history.

• 2015 FIRST-TEAM ALL-AMERICAN (AP, CBS SPORTS, SI.COM)
• TWO-TIME FIRST-TEAM ALL-BIG TEN (COACHES, MEDIA)
• TWO-TIME RIMINGTON TROPHY FINALIST (NATION'S TOP CENTER)
• BACK-TO-BACK FIRST-TEAM ALL-AMERICAN (USA TODAY, 2014)

Also was runner-up for Nations Top Scholar Athlete

Most talking heads were dumbfounded when he went undrafted. His size is the biggest concern, but plays much stronger and powerful than his size indicates.

Also Illinois State title holder in wrestling.

NFL Comparison

Olin Kreutz

Bottom Line

Despite having a cat named "Bubbles," Allen is a coach's dream with the leadership, competitiveness and the tenacious mindset to grind out the will of defenders by the end of the fourth quarter. While there are clearly some athletic limitations, Allen is especially adept at minimizing those while accentuating his strengths. There are too many check marks in his favor to expect him to fall short of an NFL career as an eventual starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKhpzb0cAxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvZVRSxP0M <---- Vs. Michigan 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nV9VS8UL2Q <---- Vs. Ohio State 2015

Shall I continue? Looks like Scherffs little brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3460256595&feature=iv&src_vid=DFkO_330teg&v=MVSmugDTHe8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XizimLW04Sk <---- Combine Workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbG_3q4258 <---- Film Breakdown - My man straight up bullies Shilique Calhoun AND Joey Bosa. Think about it.

Not all fans are wrong about players. He will be a starter in this league and I assume there aren't many C needy teams besides us.

I hadn't heard that information about Spiller before, but he' still better than what we got.

13 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yes. Yes he is.

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/10487/spillers-low-wonderlic-score-no-cause-for-concern

Yet, he was fantastic with the bills and a pro-bowler... Seems the me the Saints have too many hands to feed and couldn't find a way to use Spiller... I think that speaks more to their Offensive Coordinator than it does Spiller.

Some are fascinated with talking themselves out of a player when they know he's better than anything we currently have. Scot said he wanted 'football players.' Spiller is a multi-use, talented, football player.

Meanwhile, some remain surprised by Spiller’s departure from New Orleans. On Wednesday, coach Sean Payton addressed the decision with reporters.

“It didn’t have to be done by the first game of the season,” Payton said. “His salary was guaranteed. This was more about, ‘Is there a potential trade partner?’ Obviously, the urgency changed with the injury of Delvin Breaux. [Spiller is] a phenomenal guy/teammate. We spent about a half hour just he and I talking yesterday. I think he’s going to have an opportunity sooner than later with another club and yet the window in this building or this club’s not definitely closed.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/c-j-spiller-would-be-wise-to-wait/

We literally wouldn't have to pay him anything to play this year since the Saints have to pay him out. Yes, it would be wise for Spiller to wait to sign a contract. But most football players just want to be on the field...

Since I'm not feeling too excited about the regular season right now, I thought I'd get back to something I enjoyed during the last 25 years and that's looking at the waiver wire / free agents to see who's available for us to pick up. Normally I'm excited about this more in the offseason because I could look at upcoming free agents and stuff, but since I don't really like free agency too much any more and since that area's pretty dry right now, I thought it may be nice to look at other teams practice squads. 

Here's a list of the practice squads of the 32 teams in the NFL as noted by nfl.com on September 4th of this year. 

Arizona Cardinals

QB Aaron Murray, WR Brittan Golden, CB Harlan Miller, TE Ifeanyi Momah, LB Shaq Riddick, RB Elijhaa Penny, WR Chris Hubert, TE Hakeem Valles, OT Givens Price

Atlanta Falcons

DE Nordly Capi, CB Devonte Johnson, DT Joey Mbu, WR J.D. McKissic, S Sharrod Neasman, QB Matt Simms, TE D.J. Tialavea

Baltimore Ravens

WR Keenan Reynolds, TE Daniel Brown, DE Kapron Lewis-Moore, LB Brennen Beyer, OT Blaine Clausell, C Matt Skura, LB Patrick Onwuassor, RB Stephen Houston

Buffalo Bills

K Jordan Gay, WR Dezmin Lewis

Carolina Panthers

CB Zack Sanchez, S Marcus Ball, LB Brian Blechen, DT Eric Crume, S Travell Dixon, WR Keyarris Garrett, TE Beau Sandland, RB Jalen Simmons, DE Larry Webster, G David Yankey

Chicago Bears

QB Matt Barkley, CB DeVante Bausby, TE Ben Braunecker, WR Daniel Braverman, LB John Timu, OT Jason Weaver, RB Senorise Perry, OL Cornelius Edison, DB Demontre Hurst

Cincinnati Bengals

DE Ryan Brown, RB Tra Carson, DT David Dean, CB Darius Hillary, WR Jake Kumerow, TE Matt Lengel, CB Tony McRae, G Alex Redmond, WR Alonzo Russell

Cleveland Browns

QB Kevin Hogan, OL Dan France, TE Connor Hamlett, WR Darius Jennings, OL Kaleb Johnson, OL Anthony Fabiano, DB Ed Reynolds, DL Gabe Wright, DB Trey Caldwell, P Michael Palardy, RB Terrell Watson

Dallas Cowboys

C Jake Brendel, TE Rico Gathers, WR Andy Jones, LB Deon King, WR Vince Mayle, DE Ryan Russell, TE Austin Traylor, QB Jameill Showers

Denver Broncos

C Dillon Day, LB Vontarrius Dora, WR Mose Frazier, TE Henry Krieger Coble, S Ryan Murphy, OT Justin Murray, CB Taurean Nixon, RB Juwan Thompson

Detroit Lions

WR Jace Billingsley, CB Alex Carter, WR T.J. Jones, TE Brian Leonhardt, QB Jake Rudock, G Brandon Thomas, DB Charles Washington, RB George Winn

Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans

WR Quenton Bundrage, OT Joseph Cheek, DE Brandon Dunn, RB Akeem Hunt, DE Ufomba Kamalu, LB Eric Lee, CB Robert Nelson, LB Shakeel Rashad, G Chad Slade, TE Eric Tomlinson

Indianapolis Colts

DE Sterling Bailey, LB Trevor Bates, S Lee Hightower, TE Mike Miller, CB Chris Milton, DT Kelcy Quarles, OG Adam Redmond, WR Tevaun Smith, OT Jeremy Vujnovich

Jacksonville Jaguars

DT Richard Ash, WR Shaq Evans, OL Rashod Hill, WR Rashad Lawrence, CB Nick Marshall, WR Shane Wynn, LB Sean Porter, TE Alex Ellis, RB Bronson Hill, OL Jeremiah Poutasi

Kansas City Chiefs

LB Tyrell Adams, WR Frankie Hammond Jr., WR Seantavius Jones, DL David King, C Daniel Munyer, OG Jarrod Pughsley, DB Shakiel Randolph, RB Darrin Reaves, LB Terrance Smith, DB Brock Vereen

Los Angeles Rams

OL Isaiah Battle, LB Brandon Chubb, DL Morgan Fox, RB Aaron Green, DB Michael Jordan, RB Terrence Magee, WR Paul McRoberts, DB Blake Countess, DB Isaiah Johnson, TE Bryce Williams

Miami Dolphins

LB James Burgess, G Jamil Douglas, TE Thomas Duarte, S A.J. Hendy, OT Ulrick John, DE Cleyon Laing, CB Lafayette Pitts, WR Rashawn Scott, DE Jordan Williams, DE Mehdi Abdesmad

Minnesota Vikings

G Willie Beavers, WR Moritz Boehringer, TE Kyle Carter, G Isame Faciane, RB C.J. Ham, DT Toby Johnson, CB Tre Roberson, QB Joel Stave, DE Stephen Weatherly

New England Patriots

RB Bishop Sankey, WR Devin Street, OL Chris Barker, OL Clay DeBord, DL Geneo Grissom, DL Woodrow Hamilton, LB Rufus Johnson, WR Devin Lucien

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants

QB Logan Thomas, WR Geremy Davis, WR Darius Powe, OL Adam Gettis, OL Shane McDermott, DE Stansly Maponga, DE Ishaq Williams, CB Donte Deayon, CB Michael Hunter, S Andrew Adams

New York Jets

WR Myles White, G Craig Watts, DL Claude Pelon, LB Freddie Bishop, LB Victor Ochi, CB Bryson Keeton, S Doug Middleton

Oakland Raiders

WR K.J. Brent, CB Kenneth Durden, DL Branden Jackson, OG Denver Kirkland, WR Jaydon Mickens, TE Ryan O'Malley, OG Oni Omoile, LB Korey Toomer

Philadelphia Eagles

G Darrell Greene, WR Marcus Johnson, RB Byron Marshall, DT Aziz ****tu, WR David Watford, CB C.J. Smith, WR Paul Turner

Pittsburgh Steelers

RB Brandon Brown-Dukes, RB Cameron Stingily, WR DeMarcus Ayers, WR Cobi Hamilton, TE RaShaun Allen, OT Matt Feiler, DE Caushaud Lyons, DT Johnny Maxey, CB Al-Hajj Shabazz, LB Travis Feeney

San Diego Chargers

DT Kaleb Eulls, LB Ben Gardner, S Adrian McDonald, OT Austin Shepherd, WR Dom Williams, CB Trevor Williams

San Francisco 49ers

RB Kelvin Taylor

Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

OL Josh Allen, LB Micah Awe, RB Peyton Barber, WR Jeremy Butler, CB Javien Elliott, OL Ben Gottschalk, RB Russell Hansbrough, S Isaiah Johnson, LB Josh Keyes, WR Freddie Martino

Tennessee Titans

DT Antwaun Woods, TE Jerome Cunningham, LB Justin Staples, OT Tyler Marz, C/G Ronald Patrick, RB David Fluellen, DB Curtis Riley, WR Ben Roberts, CB Kalan Reed

Washington Redskins
G Nila Kasitati, LB Lynden Trail, DE Matthew Ioannidis, OT Isaiah Williams, OL Vinston Painter, WR Kendal Thompson, WR Maurice Harris, FB Joe Kerridge, RB Mack Brown

So from what I see, these are the guys who have the potential to make our roster this season (particularly if injuries become a problem):

DE Nordly Capi
DE Kapron Lewis-Moore
DE Ryan Brown
DE Ryan Russell
DE Brandon Dunn
DE Ufomba Kamalu
DE Sterling Bailey
DE Cleyon Laing
DE Jordan Williams
DE Mehdi Abdesmad
DE Stephen Weatherly
DE Stansly Maponga
DE Ishaq Williams
DE Caushaud Lyons
DE Matthew Ioannidis
DL Gabe Wright
DL David King
DL Morgan Fox
DL Geneo Grissom
DL Woodrow Hamilton
DL Branden Jackson
DT Joey Mbu
DT Eric Crume
DT David Dean
DT Kelcy Quarles
DT Richard Ash
DT Toby Johnson
DT Aziz ****tu
DT Johnny Maxey
DT Kaleb Eulls
DT Antwaun Woods

S Sharrod Neasman
S Marcus Ball
S Travell Dixon
S Ryan Murphy
S A.J. Hendy
S Lee Hightower
S Andrew Adams
S Doug Middleton
S Adrian McDonald
S Isaiah Johnson
DB Charles Washington
DB Demontre Hurst
DB Ed Reynolds
DB Michael Jordan
DB Blake Countess
DB Isaiah Johnson
DB Curtis Riley

LB Brennen Beyer
LB Patrick Onwuassor
LB Brian Blechen
LB John Timu
LB Deon King
LB Eric Lee
LB Shakeel Rashad
LB Trevor Bates
LB Sean Porter
LB Tyrell Adams
LB Terrance Smith
LB Brandon Chubb
LB James Burgess
LB Rufus Johnson
LB Freddie Bishop
LB Victor Ochi
LB Korey Toomer
LB Travis Feeney
LB Ben Gardner
LB Micah Awe
LB Josh Keyes
LB Justin Staples

C Matt Skura
C Jake Brendel
C Dillon Day
C Daniel Munyer
C/G Ronald Patrick

I'll probably spend the rest of the week if not the season going through this list and forming opinions on these players.

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Call Greg Hardy... **** it... And Knighton too, unless we're mailing it in

we have no pass rush!

I'm not sure I'd sink to Greg Hardy.  

But I wrote in the "things I would change" thread that I'd bring in Knighton.  Because, why not?  They need a big body, and he's that.  1 year, minimum deal.  Can't be any worse, right?

For passrush:

Seems that Davis Tull is a street FA. Selected in the 5th round by the Saints in 2015. He had shoulder labrum surgery before the draft, but his 2015 season was washed out with a follow up shoulder surgery, no specifics. He was then released this year during the cut of 53 by the Saints, on Sept. 4th. He was not retained on the practice squad.

Last I read he had a workout with the Patriots on Sept. 13. Don't know his health status.

He's a light OLB at roughly 250 lbs. But if you remember, he tested extremely athleticly, crushing sparq and topping guys like Vic Beasley, Dupree and Diggy.

His stock in trade is speed. He played at Tenn-Chattanooga and set the SoCon conference record in career sacks with 37. He had some good clay to work with. Although, when I saw his vertical jump (explosive) and eyeballed his physique, I felt like he probably has had some special protein at some point during his development. His frame size is a detriment. He's only 6'2", with 31 inch arms. 

What the hell, have him come in for 3rd down and see if he can turn the edge.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%205.08.1

Archived