Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not against this move, but I hope we give Fuller and Duke a chance. Maybe we have and decided that neither is good enough. Whitner could be a good holdover, but my question is didn't Rapport say we didn't want him?

LMAO I hope after playing in his first regular season game as a rookie they have not decided Fuller is not good enough. I mean am I missing something? He is coming off an injury and is a rookie, relax lol. 

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Wasn't Reyes more of a Barry guy? Worked with him in San Diego if I remember correctly. Glad he's gone anyway. Awful from the moment he was here. 

A 50% Whitner would be a massive upgrade on Bruton tbh. Hope we get that one over the line. 

This last game was his first chance to get on the field, iirc.

Counted twice where he just didn't even try to tackle the RB on a stretch play to his opposite side of the field.  No arms, no diving, no effort.  Can't have that.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 3h3 hours ago

I am TOLD S Donte Whitner is at Redskins Park. (My daughter, and @MasterTes do say that I'm old though).

The Washington Post wrote the general opinion on ES about Scot and our Dline.

"

Reyes becomes the second failed free agent signing along the defensive line under General Manager Scot McCloughan in the past two offseasons. Washington cut Stephen Paea, the top free agent signing of Washington’s 2015 draft class, in the final week of the preseason.

The Redskins passed on the chance to select a top defensive lineman in the past two drafts. In the 2016 draft, Washington didn’t take a defensive lineman until the fifth round (Ioannidis).

The Redskins defensive line has been unable to stop the run. Washington ranks among the worst in the league, surrendering 4.9 yards per carry, and also hasn’t generated much interior pass rush this season."

This would be amazing to have Trent - Luavao - Sully - Scherff - Moses all healthy and playing.  That's a top 5 line in the league at worse.

michael phillips@michaelpRTD 6m6 minutes ago

Practice update: Participating: Kerrigan, Lauvao Rehab field: Phillips, Breeland, Doctson Don't see: Cravens, Bruton

24 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

It's not like Kendall Reyes was expected to be some major improvement. Calling his signing a failure is silly considering he wasn't much more of a back up to begin with. 

It is a failure, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse.  And there's the opportunity cost of not signing a guy who's not a total bum and can actually help you in that role.

Just now, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Not impressed with a GM who keeps swinging and missing

He has hit on several players... No GM is perfect and he is much better than what we had here before.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I wonder if we kicked the tires on Tanard.... nevermind. DBs gets injured in droves every year, and I am glad to see us bringing some in. At the end of the year, there is always a guy out there in dime you never heard of.

Why didnt we get a DL... from seeing Josh out in our first series, I sometimes wonder if coaches/management don't like to look bad. I don't like to, and I bet they don't either. Going out and bringing in a guy we cut (cough Pot roast), simply doesn't look good. And there may not be much out there.

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Why didnt we get a DL... from seeing Josh out in our first series, I sometimes wonder if coaches/management don't like to look bad. I don't like to, and I bet they don't either. Going out and bringing in a guy we cut (cough Pot roast), simply doesn't look good. And there may not be much out there.

Competetent people are fearless of setbacks/failure and understand it's a part of life. I cant deny your premise that some don't want to look bad, but this doesnt seem to be the way Gruden or Scott operate.   

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

So hold onto a bad player because "SkinsPassion4Life" doesn't want to see misses?

I think he is talking about picking up the right player every time.  Scot isn't allowed to miss on any players, all must be pro bowlers and we must win the SuperBowl every year or else it's a fail.

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Competetent people are fearless of setbacks/failure and understand it's a part of life. I dont deny your premise that some are don't want to look bad, but this doesnt seem to be the way Gruden or Scott operate.   

True true, but one more thing I can't shake (besides wondering why Doctson was playing in our first series of the season), why won't Jay admit he is wrong and should have called a timeout, on the now famous series in which Cousins took a sack to end the half. I believe he stated he still thinks no TO there was the correct thing to do (disclaimer: I hope my recollection is accurate)

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

why won't Jay admit he is wrong and should have called a timeout

Lol, I hesitated to put Jay's name along side Scott, but you have a fair point. He does appear to deflect at times. Ive also seen him counter these things with taking responsibility.

Archived