Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joint Base Andrews Under Lockdown After Report of Active Shooter

HOF44

I'm very glad no one was hurt and that it wasn't real.  Hopefully whatever communication breakdown occurred can be fixed, though that may or may not totally fix things.  A random person with a cell phone could contact the news and all it takes is a couple people who didn't get the memo on the practice to create a panic.

I really want to know who told the media?  What events actually took place? Did the person who saw the men with guns who "called it in," does that mean they called base security?  And there was a goof-up internally?  Or did they call the media directly?

The whole thing seems like it was bungled.  

I can't blame them, whoever it was.

~Bang

I understand wanting to get the word out.

But anyone who "confirmed" anything today needs a vacation.

That's irresponsible journalism.  Be better.

I really want to know who told the media?  What events actually took place? Did the person who saw the men with guns who "called it in," does that mean they called base security?  And there was a goof-up internally?  Or did they call the media directly?

The whole thing seems like it was bungled.  

The local media knows that they should confirm things through the Public Affairs Office for any military installation.

I worked with press all the time when I was stationed in DC.  They know this. 

Either they chose to make their own path or they got bad poop from the PAO. 

Huge bungle.

Apparently people called into 911. Why the **** would you call the police to tell them the police are there?

I love that they called 911 because they saw weapons... On a military base. I mean damn Air Force, I knew you all were soft but....

Seriously though, I've been to Andrews a couple of times but it was a long time ago. Dont remember what the set up is like but that just seems weird to me. I was stationed at Fort Hood. People generally weren't walking with weapons or anything but if I saw a group of MPs (or whatever) with them I sure as hell wouldn't have been calling 911

Can someone explain the term "active shooter"?  Doesn't that imply that shots were fired?  If someone just saw somebody with guns, how is that an active shooter?  Was he running fast as opposed to meandering about lethargically?

Archived