Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

They probably don't understand it enough to respect it. 

Jefferson wanted us to at minimum review it every 10 years, even I have trouble with some of them still.

60% sounds like a lot, not challenging you, curious when that poll was done and by whom.

Jefferson also called for a bloody revolution every 20 years.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Republicans are going to kill women with this non-sense.

Well only some women.......

LOUISIANA SENATOR BILL CASSIDY: OUR MATERNAL DEATH RATES ARE ONLY BAD IF YOU COUNT BLACK WOMEN

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/bill-cassidy-maternal-mortality-rates?fbclid=IwAR3shUZokF-9yZUo78sjboE_tEpGp8gBke9o_AhnppYqjM4dxFjp9qTczOI

An Oklahoma state rep proposed legislation that would mandate young men get mandatory vasectomies

An Oklahoma state rep proposed an idea for legislation that would make vasectomies mandatory for young men in the state.

Speaking before a floor of legislators, state Rep. Mickey Dollens said on Thursday that he is thinking about introducing the legislation next year.

"I would invite you to co-author a bill that I'm considering next year that would mandate that each male, when they reach puberty, get a mandatory vasectomy that's only reversible when they reach the point of financial and emotional stability," he told GOP lawmakers.

"If you think that's crazy then I think that maybe you understand how 50 percent of Oklahomans feel, as well," the Democrat said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, China said:

An Oklahoma state rep proposed legislation that would mandate young men get mandatory vasectomies

An Oklahoma state rep proposed an idea for legislation that would make vasectomies mandatory for young men in the state.

Speaking before a floor of legislators, state Rep. Mickey Dollens said on Thursday that he is thinking about introducing the legislation next year.

"I would invite you to co-author a bill that I'm considering next year that would mandate that each male, when they reach puberty, get a mandatory vasectomy that's only reversible when they reach the point of financial and emotional stability," he told GOP lawmakers.

"If you think that's crazy then I think that maybe you understand how 50 percent of Oklahomans feel, as well," the Democrat said.

Click on the link for the full article

Im so glad I dove into the comments.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, China said:

When I saw this guys name this image popped into my head...

image.png.76f6319f3691139798fad5a4c60d54ce.png

Pretty cool. These DC female bartenders are taking it to the street.

#bartendersagainstbans

On June 1st, 2022, in direct response to the possible Supreme Court ruling and reversal on Roe v Wade, an All-Star bartending DC community of femmes is clapping back.

Bar Director Judy Elahi and the team at acclaimed restaurant Michele’s from 101 Hospitality Group will be hosting an all-star ****tail event with 100% percent of proceeds being donated to Planned Parenthood to assist females in need of family planning support.

The event will showcase the city’s best and brightest lady bartending bosses in the biz- which includes Sherry and ****tail Maven Chantal Tseng of ****tails for End Times, Alexandra Bookless of Shilling Canning Company, Christine Kim of Tales of the ****tail nominated Service Bar plus Bar Amazonia and Causa, Princess Johnson of Allegory, and Monniquer Pea****, winner of Chocolate City’s Best ****tail Competition.

100% of ALL Beverage & Oyster Sales (because, who doesn't love bivalves!) will be Donated to Planned Parenthood to Assist Females In Need of Family Planning Support.

https://www.michelesdc.com/bartenders-against-bans

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Figured this was a good place for this bad news. 

Appears the target was Kavanaugh. Which means my first assumption isn't going to be "crazed Trumper militia Nazi". At least, pending more info, I'd assume a loon from the other extreme. 

Which would at least imply that it's not just one political extreme that's contemplating assassination as a "legitimate political discourse". 

Would mean our society is sinking even lower. 

• Sad 3

Too many assumptions, we don't know what that person's political motives were until they are announced, right?

I'm not in the mood for the whataboutism of the extremes on both sides right now, that's exactly what we'd be giving the far right by assuming this guy was far left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Too many assumptions, we don't know what that person's political motives were until they are announced, right?

I'm not in the mood for the whataboutism of the extremes on both sides right now, that's exactly what we'd be giving the far right by assuming this guy was far left.

WAPO had a snip in the article that seemed to indicate that the person was upset about the draft Roe overturn and Uvalde (thinking Kavanaugh would be looser on gun regulations).  Don't really care about the motivation, I just hope they lock him up and throw away the keys.  There are very few things as potentially damaging to the country as violence and threat of violence against an independent judiciary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bearrock said:

WAPO had a snip in the article that seemed to indicate that the person was upset about the draft Roe overturn and Uvalde (thinking Kavanaugh would be looser on gun regulations).  Don't really care about the motivation, I just hope they lock him up and throw away the keys.  There are very few things as potentially damaging to the country as violence and threat of violence against an independent judiciary.

There are plenty of conservatives that don't agree with overturning Roe, let alone outright banning abortion.

End of the day, I agree with you in that violence is not a political ideology and a different problem entirely. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

There are very few things as potentially damaging to the country as violence and threat of violence against an independent judiciary.

What's that have to do with Kahanaugh?