Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

Outside review requested following WBRZ report showing rape victim ordered to pay abuser child support

A corruption watchdog told WBRZ Tuesday he's requesting an outside law enforcement entity to come in and review the case where a rape victim was ordered to pay her perpetrator child support. 

Less than 24 hours after the WBRZ Investigative Unit aired the story, District Attorney Scott Perrilloux also told WBRZ he is reviewing the case. Prior to today, DA Scott Perrilloux said his office had not received anything on it.

Monday night, we introduced you to Crysta Abelseth. It's one of the most egregious cases victims advocates tell the WBRZ Investigative Unit they have ever seen, after a judge awarded full custody to a woman's abuser and forced her to pay child support.

"I've been doing this a long time," Rafael Goyeneche with the Metropolitan Crime Commission said. "I've never seen anything like this. This is confounding and deeply disturbing."

Goyeneche was so disturbed by the investigation, he requested outside law enforcement to come in and look into it.

"That's why I'm making a referral to another agency today, for them to take a fresh look at it to see if it rises to the level of an actionable felony, and the agency that I would refer it to would have the authority to seek an arrest warrant and arrest any culpable individuals in this case," Goyeneche said.

Abelseth maintains she was raped when she was 16 and came away from that encounter pregnant. It happened after she left a bar with John Barnes, who was 30-years old. She said Barnes agreed to take her home but brought her to his house instead, where she said the rape occurred.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

On 6/16/2022 at 7:04 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

You were able to exercise bodily autonomy. Females are losing that right. 

Yes, i realize that. I left it in this thread for that reason. In fact, I wouldn’t have said anything of it wasn’t for this thread.

I wrote that I had to stay one step ahead of the government, which is true.

i offered to do this for her several years ago and she said no. But here we are. 

we felt like this was forced upon us. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/8/2022 at 11:12 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

No, Mitch.

They should have said they'd be willing to pass a bill that required everyone to say "Thoughts and prayers" to Kavanaugh and his family on Twitter. If it's enough when dozens of children get murdered, it should be enough for when a SCOTUS justice gets threatened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yes, i realize that. I left it in this thread for that reason. In fact, I wouldn’t have said anything of it wasn’t for this thread.

I wrote that I had to stay one step ahead of the government, which is true. But, my wife cannot give birth. She is on birth control and we always had the abortion option.

i offered to do this for her several years ago and she said no. But here we are. 

we felt like this was forced upon us. 

I'm truly sorry you were forced into a decision that you didn't have to make. 

I'm thankful that I was able to abort my first pregnancy because my life would have been much different. Even though I had my daughter, it was definitely a choice that I was able to make too. I'm really feeling it for the millions of females who will now not have a choice over how they use their bodies. That's why I keep writing Forced birth = Slavery. Because it's the poor and lower middle class women and their families who will suffer continued economic inequality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Larry changed the title to The Supreme Court, and abortion.