Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! I can't believe some of you want to blame Bernie supporters for this, this isn't on us: you can thank the dems for this fiasco. What did you expect from a side that refuses to fight, except with their own party. A party that hears what their constituents want and then tells them "Nah, you don't want that", the democratic party is pathetic. The only thing more pathetic than a democratic congress person is a democratic voter. When they go low, we go high...how is that working out for you? They take away your rights, you sing Kumbaya...how is that working out for you? Perhaps its time for actual violence? Blacks can't vote, latinos can't stay in America, women have no control over their bodies and gay people aren't allowed to exist...but at least we're playing by "the rules".

We need new leadership in the party, not a bunch of complacent, geriatic, corporate democrats who roll over at the first sign of a tussle. Democrats deserve to lose, we need to clean house.

Edit: Now that I'm seeing more info on it, pundits and anchors are now saying "Well, they might change their mind when the ruling comes down in two months". So, in case you forgot, we're also at the mercy of these politicized hacks to have some shame or be so embarrassed that they MIGHT do the right thing. At a certain point, peaceful protesting isn't enough.

It’s still amazing to me that the “Let’s raise everyone’s taxes so that homeless tweakers can have the same healthcare as your mom” movement led by a super-old, tiny-state weirdo that hand-picked Tulsi Gabbard to introduce him at the 2016 convention didn’t sweep the electorate.

What we’re we thinking?!?

• Haha 3

I'm not with a straight face going to say violence should be committed if Roe v Wade is overturned, but SCOTUS put barricades around their main building in DC with minutes of that leak. 

Which makes me wonder how well thought out they thought the response would be to something like this, what did they expect?  Did they expect violence?  Seems like now they do if they didn't. 

Perhaps this will give the Democrats a boost for the midterms. I've no idea why millions of people are drawn to this POS party that does nothing for the average American, has brought more harm to this nation than any other entity and wants to completely do away with the little safety nets that are in place, but unfortunately, they do. 

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not with a straight face going to say violence should be committed if Roe v Wade is overturned, but SCOTUS put barricades around their main building in DC with minutes of that leak. 

Which makes me wonder how well thought out they thought the response would be to something like this, what did they expect?  Did they expect violence?  Seems like now they do if they didn't. 

eh. I’m sure they expect protest and gates is pretty standard for that. 

i don’t think it’s fair to leap straight to violence. 

This is not the end of this fight. Voting can produce a congress that makes this a law, as you said earlier I believe (?)

We’ve managed to make it SOP to get over the top outraged about everything, and abortion would be at the top of the list, but you don’t actually have to get over the top outraged. 

there’s plenty of room to be logical and reasonable about this and focus on what it means for the upcoming election. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! I can't believe some of you want to blame Bernie supporters for this, this isn't on us: you can thank the dems for this fiasco. What did you expect from a side that refuses to fight, except with their own party. A party that hears what their constituents want and then tells them "Nah, you don't want that", the democratic party is pathetic. The only thing more pathetic than a democratic congress person is a democratic voter. When they go low, we go high...how is that working out for you? They take away your rights, you sing Kumbaya...how is that working out for you? Perhaps its time for actual violence? Blacks can't vote, latinos can't stay in America, women have no control over their bodies and gay people aren't allowed to exist...but at least we're playing by "the rules".

We need new leadership in the party, not a bunch of complacent, geriatic, corporate democrats who roll over at the first sign of a tussle. Democrats deserve to lose, we need to clean house.

Edit: Now that I'm seeing more info on it, pundits and anchors are now saying "Well, they might change their mind when the ruling comes down in two months". So, in case you forgot, we're also at the mercy of these politicized hacks to have some shame or be so embarrassed that they MIGHT do the right thing. At a certain point, peaceful protesting isn't enough.

did you vote for Hillary? 

The Dems will use this to organize large, peaceful marches nationwide.  Optimism for a strong midterm turnout will be high.

The far-left will highjack these marches and spend the summer lighting courthouses on fire and throwing milkshakes at cops.  Eventually the “marches” will devolve into defund the police occupy stuff with street fights against proud boys.

This will stifle turnout and the GQP rolls in the midterms.

The far left blames the Dems.

Anyone care to bet against this scenario?!?

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

The Dems will use this to organize large, peaceful marches nationwide.  Optimism for a strong midterm turnout will be high.

The far-left will highjack these marches and spend the summer lighting courthouses on fire and throwing milkshakes at cops.  Eventually the “marches” will devolve into defund the police occupy stuff with street fights against proud boys.

*raises hand

Setting courthouses on fire? Seriously, dude?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Are nominees for the SCOTUS under oath during these confirmation hearings?

Obviously not, but the point I was getting at she wouldn't have voted yes on confirmation, at least that's what was said publicly. I didn't believe her then, but it's something that'll come up as she runs for reelection at some point. Ultimately she knew this would happen and essentially campaigned on those statements in 2020. 

8 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I'm expecting gasoline or molotov ****tails with your post, not this weak ass **** that his fellow protestors immediately tried to put out:

Weier’s arrest followed a review of social media video by federal investigators that caught him “repositioning a piece of lit wood” against the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on July 13, 2020, according to court records.

Weier is seen walking away before others removed the burning wood and tried to put out the fire, according to the records.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/08/man-pleads-guilty-to-moving-burning-board-against-federal-courthouse-during-protest-last-summer.html

Weak, Beal, the fact we didn't see this blown up during 2020 when folks were rioting and setting downtown districts on fire shows how half ass and rare this attempt was.

I'm not buying your mass chaos theory at all.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

What's the big deal about it being leaked?  Well, aside from Republican drama queens who throw staged hissy fits over everything?  

So we found out about this decision a few weeks early?  This is supposed to outrage somebody?  (Other than right wing snowflakes for whom outrage on command is a conditioned response?)

You've got it right.  But a lot of people are going to be very upset about the substance, so right wingers will complain about the process to try to distract people from the substance.  

7 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Obviously not, but the point I was getting at she wouldn't have voted yes on confirmation, at least that's what was said publicly. I didn't believe her then, but it's something that'll come up as she runs for reelection at some point. Ultimately she knew this would happen and essentially campaigned on those statements in 2020. 

Possible, and begs the question how often is anyone allowed to sit in front of congress and tell bold face lies without being subject to purgery charges? 

It's one thing to be spineless and not pursue them, but this seems like a loophole for SCOTUS confirmation hearings, they could tell us anything then be something completely different when they get on the job. 

I'm not allowed to do that for any of my job interviews. Why should they?

24 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

This sounds pretty accurate. It'll go from this single topic to something WAAAAYYYYYYY disconnected because it always does.

I'd be willing to bet it was Alito or one of the conservatives that leaked this.  That way they get to make that the story, not the fact that they are gutting basic human rights and using a ridiculous argument that because the founders didn't recognize women as equals, we shouldn't either.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I thought the barricades and fences went up several weeks ago when they climate protestor tried to self immolate?

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Democrats specifically who did not vote for Hillary in 2016 but did vote for Jill ****ing Stein or another throwaway vote can go **** themselves again today. 

Clarence Thomas and his Federalist Society owned judges have no shame. So don't count on anything changing. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I'd be willing to bet it was Alito or one of the conservatives that leaked this.  That way they get to make that the story, not the fact that they are gutting basic human rights and using a ridiculous argument that because the founders didn't recognize women as equals, we shouldn't either.  

I don't know. The only people who care about the leak are performative folks who support the action. No regular person is thinking this leak sullies the court.

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Of course, I also voted for Biden. I understand what is at stake.

You aren’t someone being blamed. Partial blame goes to those that voted Bernie than didn’t vote for Hillary. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I thought the barricades and fences went up several weeks ago when they climate protestor tried to self immolate?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/barricades-quietly-erected-around-supreme-court-as-samuel-alitos-roe-v-wade-draft-decision-leaks

“Just minutes” after Politico reported that the majority of the Supreme Court’s justices were leaning towards striking down legal abortion nationwide, barricades around the court building were being erected, according to a journalist with the Washington Examiner. 

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't know. The only people who care about the leak are performative folks who support the action. No regular person is thinking this leak sullies the court.

You sure about that? What makes you say that?

As was stated earlier Collins helped confirm two of these justices after they promised not to overturn Roe v Wade.

I want to believe even the regular person could or would have a problem with this, it's a bad look for multiple different reasons.