Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

**** happens...it's unfortunate.  With video replay at the disposal of every coach on board with the Caps they can IMMEDIATELY tell whether there was any intent or not.  Wilson, in this instance, was in no way being careless with his stick.  Hence why he was back on the ice after serving his double-minor.  If it was as egregious as you're making it seem, he would have sat.  Simple as that.  And let's not pretend that Trotz hasn't sent strong messages to Wilson and others for not playing smart hockey. 

I didn't say it was some unforgivable sin.

Just saying, I'm a little worried about Wilson in close games moving forward. Love the guy and he's a much needed role player for a team like ours but I just always notice how undisciplined he happens to be, particularly in the tension filled games.

It's all good bro, maybe I overreacted a little but if that play happens to Backstrom, then I call it bad luck and whatnot. Some guys just get more strict criticism.

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

What goal had an off-sides call? Missed the game and totally forgot to DVR it. Good to see they got the win.  

4th Minn goal.. Entering the zone, one of their players was trying to get out, before they brought the puck in.. Clearly didn't make it and the linesman still called it a good entry..  They "claimed" since the player entering the zone took his stick off the puck for a split second (thus meaning he wasn't controlling it) it allowed for a "delayed" offsides.. Total BS and rules interpretation conundrum.. Dude had full control of the puck before, across and after crossing the blue line.  I pray these "rules interpretations" can avoid us this playoffs..

Archived