Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

3 points in the magic # I do believe.. Loved the play for nearly 50 minutes, then we got rattled when Carlson/Wilson/Holtby got undressed on the same play.. I know the Jackets were pressing hard the last part, but our inability to even exit our zone was concerning. Thankfully Holts was up to the challenge there!

Can someone give me the logic of the NHL to give the Caps five roads game in a row at the end of the season? Including back-to-back games at the end of this road trip. At least the Leafs play tonight. 

1 hour ago, Pick6 said:

Can someone give me the logic of the NHL to give the Caps five roads game in a row at the end of the season? Including back-to-back games at the end of this road trip. At least the Leafs play tonight. 

Circus. Happens every year, although this will be the last. I'm more worried about the playoff scheduling with the Wizards making the playoffs and the NBA's propensity for creating obnoxious schedules. 

So apparently the NHL officially announced they will not be going to the Olympics.  Will be interesting to see what happens in actuality.  I understand Ted Leonsis had already given Ovechkin the greenlight to participate regardless of the NHL's decision.

Schmidt should be valuable against the Pens, if it comes to that again.

Maybe Barry is just trying to let them tune up for the playoffs before giving their sweater to Schmidt. His quickness will also be of great use, gotta skate the puck out against the really tough pressure offenses. Our defensive breakdowns are often when we turn it over deep and flub a great chance to clear the zone

44 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

So apparently the NHL officially announced they will not be going to the Olympics.  Will be interesting to see what happens in actuality.  I understand Ted Leonsis had already given Ovechkin the greenlight to participate regardless of the NHL's decision.

The last time the USA won gold was when NHL players didn't participate. 

About time someone dent the Canadian dominance at the Olympics. 

I'm pretty sure Trotz will go down with the ship putting 27/74 on the ice as the shutdown pair. No way he's saving 88 for anything but an injury. If we lock up the division early, that will be a great time to tinker with pairs and/or rest "someone" and get 88 some ice! I'd be shocked if he did either, unfortunately..

I'm not going to defend their play as I think Carlson has been particularly poor or at least boneheaded recently (cannot whiff on a defense skating in with the back against you if you are a top line player: CBJ's first goal I think) but so much goes into evaluating defense. To me, if the forwards aren't doing the job it doesn't matter much as to who is out there on the back end. I would also like to see shot attempts not just shots on goal as to the stats. Again, not defending them, I just think that there are times when a complete picture isn't being painted. 

7 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

...And just like that, Trotz make me look like a dummy.. lol  Carlson late scratch. Schmidty gets a sweater!

You watching? They said day-to-day with a lower body injury. Maybe it's more for sucking recently or maybe it's legit. He'll be in for the playoffs if ready to go. 

Archived