Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Was only able to catch the 1st period.. Thought they looked noticeably quicker and more fluid. (Similar to before the bye week) Read that the D got a little hanky later on, but it's nice to see the offense back to scoring! From the highlights the PP also looked sharp! Tight race at the top, hope they use it for motivation!

BTW, Crosby is such a ****.. (Hitting guy in the nuts with his stick) So glad to see him checking for teeth at the end of that game!

Ovie is really going for that team game and I think it will payoff during the post season when defenders really dial in on him. It's a great thing he has been focused on passing pretty much this entire year. Burakovsky coming back has been the shot in the arm this team needed badly, they have looked back to normal and fast the last two games since he has returned. 

Hopefully they keep up this level of play because the first two rounds are going to be brutal no matter where everyone finishes. Leafs, bruins, BJs, Pens the first two rounds is insane. 2 of the top 3 teams in the league eliminated by round 3 guarenteed is just ridiculous. I think the winner of the Atlantic and Metro should be seed #1 and seed #2 and then points should decide seeds #3 - #8.

2 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Ovie is really going for that team game and I think it will payoff during the post season when defenders really dial in on him. It's a great thing he has been focused on passing pretty much this entire year. Burakovsky coming back has been the shot in the arm this team needed badly, they have looked back to normal and fast the last two games since he has returned. 

Hopefully they keep up this level of play because the first two rounds are going to be brutal no matter where everyone finishes. Leafs, bruins, BJs, Pens the first two rounds is insane. 2 of the top 3 teams in the league eliminated by round 3 guarenteed is just ridiculous. I think the winner of the Atlantic and Metro should be seed #1 and seed #2 and then points should decide seeds #3 - #8.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm choosing BJs for the entirety of the first round. So, who will the Caps be playing in the first round?

Rangers will take their wild card to the Atlantic. I believe the Maple Leafs will end up as the wild card for the Metro. Rangers are writing their ticket straight to the ECF. That 2/3 seed 1st round matchup in the Metro is going to be brutal. I think it goes 7, no matter which of the Caps/Pens/Jackets it is.

5 hours ago, Pick6 said:

Rangers will take their wild card to the Atlantic. I believe the Maple Leafs will end up as the wild card for the Metro. Rangers are writing their ticket straight to the ECF. That 2/3 seed 1st round matchup in the Metro is going to be brutal. I think it goes 7, no matter which of the Caps/Pens/Jackets it is.

I'm not sure about Toronto anymore, they are surging while Boston is having their annual late season swoon. I think Toronto won't be a wild card. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boston misses out again and we end up with the Islanders.

Sadly I'm not sure about the caps either, they have 2 great teams within 2 points of them. A loss tonight and they could be in 3rd by the end of the week. If they finish first though it means they are entering the post season playing great hockey so here's to hoping. The caps have looked good the last couple outings though all they are missing is the 2nd line at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm not sure about Toronto anymore, they are surging while Boston is having their annual late season swoon. I think Toronto won't be a wild card. Sadly I'm not sure about the caps either, they have 2 great teams within 2 points of them. A loss tonight and they could be in 3rd by the end of the week. If they finish first though it means they are entering the post season playing great hockey so here's to hoping. The caps have looked good the last couple outings though all they are missing is the 2nd line at the moment.

At least we get Arizona twice and Colorado once. A lot can happen with 10 games left. At least at the moment we have the tie breaker on the Pens with more wins in regulation.

1 hour ago, Pick6 said:

At least we get Arizona twice and Colorado once. A lot can happen with 10 games left. At least at the moment we have the tie breaker on the Pens with more wins in regulation.

Yeah true, what I was trying to say is that the caps can't coast into the playoffs like they did last year. They are going to have to finish strong or else they will drop to 2nd or 3rd. Being forced to play well should be better for the team rather than having the presidents cup wrapped up at this time last year. Tonight is a gut check, they need to play well and win. Columbus is on the road and played last night, capitals should win tonight. If they lose, they drop out of first place. It will be good to see where there heads are.

20 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

And of course the puck luck allows that shot to literally go through 3 Caps and in. 

And the refs call a hook on a play where the opponent used both elbows to lock onto stick and Orpik literally had no control of his stick. 

You better complain about this tripping call. That was terrible. 

3 hours ago, China said:

I don't care if the Caps get 1st place.  In fact, I think it'd be a nice flip if the Pens got first place but we get the Stanley Cup.

You really want to see the Pens or Columbus with Bobrovsky round 1 and then round 2? I'd rather we take our chances with one of them round 2 than going through both of them.

Archived