Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Yea, we'll probably be priced out of the Oshie sweepstakes...and that's OK with me.  No point in giving a 30 year old forward a 5-7 year deal that will ultimately cripple your cap and hinder efforts to sign other players. 

One buy low candidate that might be worth taking a flyer on is Nail Yakupov.

Could be a Brett Connolly situation, but I think he's got a higher upside. 

I tend to agree but GMBM doesn't shy away from signing older players. I think it depends on if Oshie wants top dollar or not or if the Caps can move someone like Orpik or MoJo. Maybe they buy out Orpik this offseason to get rid of that salary. 

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

I'd love to get Yakupov.  Read a bit about him when he came out but never got to watch him cause he was buried in Edmonton and oft injured.  Not even sure where he's even playing now, at the moment.  He was way talented when he came out though.

He's playing in St. Louis, has a whopping 3 goals on the year, and he's been a healthy scratch at least a dozen times this season.  Next season he'll likely be on this third team in 3 years.  If the Caps want to take a gamble on an inconsistent, unfocused has-been with lots of talent, they'd honestly be better off bringing Semin back.

23 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

He's playing in St. Louis, has a whopping 3 goals on the year, and he's been a healthy scratch at least a dozen times this season.  Next season he'll likely be on this third team in 3 years.  If the Caps want to take a gamble on an inconsistent, unfocused has-been with lots of talent, they'd honestly be better off bringing Semin back.

So he will be cheap, you say?

Oshie only scored how many in St Louis? Yeah, some of that is the defensive, impotent system that Hitch**** runs (I know Yeo is coaching now, but what was the complaint in Minnesota?). Yak scored in Edmonton. If they can get him m for cheap ONLY if Oshie walks, it makes sense to take a flier. There are a tone of UFA/RFA on the team. It won't be back as currently constituted. 

19 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Which is why I said bring him in on the cheap like they did Connolly, who is also on his 3rd team in 3 years.  We have a strong Russian/international contingent here in DC, and that could possibly bode well in Yak's future if he was to come here. 

FEATURED NEWS

The #BobbleBeast Has Arrived

All fans in attendance at tonight’s Capitals game against the Calgary Flames will receive a Braden Holtby bobblehead. Fans voted Holtby as the winner of the Caps’ bobblehead election in November. Holtby received 47% of the votes, beating Tom Wilson and Justin Williams. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to receive the giveaway.

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Anyone wanna comment on Ovie being selfish? He passed up a good shot to set up Oshie and fall further behind in the scoring race. 

I don't think he is selfish. How many times has his teammates set him up? If it weren't for them he wouldn't have that many scores. 

Archived