Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

On 1/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, GoDeep81 said:

Hopefully the tight Metro race will keep them engaged all the way to through the dance! They look awful good the last couple weeks, but it's still way too early to peak..

On 1/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Glad we thumped em' again!! Too bad the zebra got worried they were gonna get blanked.

On 2/1/2017 at 11:20 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Nice bounce back game! 1 even strength GA.. Offense stays hot! Will take that!

On 2/5/2017 at 3:01 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Great to see a physical game from LA.. Need to stay sharp on all aspects and they stepped up big!!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:49 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Not really soft. One lucky snipe and some defensive breaks.. Caps took their foot off the gas after the 1st, surrendered a 4-1 lead in the 3rd then got back to playing the last half of the 3rd..

On 2/22/2017 at 11:44 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Gritty road win. Still need some wd-40 but getting there..

On 2/24/2017 at 11:08 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Damn, you guys really don't give a ****! lol I think that ties franchise record for home ice wins (13) in a row? Nice job playing w/o 4 starters.. Hope the injury bug is short lived!

On 2/28/2017 at 0:06 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Still need an experienced "depth" forward, imo.

Don't know that we "needed" another puck moving D, but I hear he plays D pretty well too, so.. (And it screws the Pens/Rags, so there's that) lol  Just have to see if they can find chemistry in the next month!!

On 2/28/2017 at 0:22 PM, GoDeep81 said:

Not sure how we fit either under the cap (5.0/3.8 mil) and what it'd cost us (maybe Orpik (salary dump) + Vrana or Schmidt?) but hell yea, if there's a way!! This year is pretty much it.. ALL IN!!

Yep, all doom and gloom from me! Only show up when we lose.. :blink:

7 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Yep, all doom and gloom from me! Only show up when we lose.. :blink:

You missed all your posts complaining about how bad the defense was when they were scoring a ton of goals despite them being the best in the league. 

20 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

So your "narrative" is you only give a **** when I voice concerns? Duly noted!

I have no idea what that even means. You want to complain about the best team from

top to bottom that the Caps have put on the ice in years, have at it. If they don't win it all you can be the guy that says that you knew better. 

I had a huge problem with the defense last year, but def not this year. Last year we gave up so many lazy goals especially when up by a few goals. This year they have for the most part corrected it. Holtby has 8 shutouts and I think grubs has 3. Last year Holtby had maybe 3 shutouts all year. 

That 4th line though.

9 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Yea, stick with that! :rofl89:

I'm sure you are enjoying the game tonight since the Caps are down 2-1. Can't wait to read your doom and gloom about how things are wrong and this and that. 

Archived