Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Still need an experienced "depth" forward, imo.

Don't know that we "needed" another puck moving D, but I hear he plays D pretty well too, so.. (And it screws the Pens/Rags, so there's that) lol  Just have to see if they can find chemistry in the next month!!

15 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

iginla or doan on the cheap?

Not sure how we fit either under the cap (5.0/3.8 mil) and what it'd cost us (maybe Orpik (salary dump) + Vrana or Schmidt?) but hell yea, if there's a way!! This year is pretty much it.. ALL IN!!

9 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Also for those of you who don't follow college hockey, Shattenkirk won a crazy national championship when he was at BU in Verizon Center so the building should bring him good vibes.

I remember that game, was as entertaining as any SC Playoff game not involving the Caps. Instant classic.

Glad Shattenkirk gets to represent the 22 well. That is my favorite ockey number

I hope yall paid attention to just how crisp Shattenkirk's passes were.  Whether it was leading the breakout or on the PP, he was the anti-Carlson.  He's REALLY good. 

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

great win.

Like i said last time, NYR have speed but don't have the talent.

**** em

We also benefited from pucks hitting the posts and an overturned goal.  While the advanced stats may show the ice tilted in the final 40, the outcome could have been much different had the puck/calls gone the Rangers' way.  

6 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

We also benefited from pucks hitting the posts and an overturned goal.  While the advanced stats may show the ice tilted in the final 40, the outcome could have been much different had the puck/calls gone the Rangers' way.  

The overturned goal was pretty obvious to me.  I called the offside as soon as it occurred before any scoring chances came off of it.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

The overturned goal was pretty obvious to me.  I called the offside as soon as it occurred before any scoring chances came off of it.

enhanced-25601-1449059962-8.png

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

I don't understand the need to **** on Carlson and Alzner.  They are both very good defensemen.

Shattinkirk looked good last night.  Should get better once he gets into the flow of our system too.

Carlson is the source of a lot of frustration on the PP.  He's not above being criticized for constantly flubbing passes to Ovechkin. 

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Here's the question, though.  Are Carlson's passes bad, or are they just not divine in the way Green's were?  How many defensemen are there in the league who'd be able to mimic Green's performance on the PP?

Part of it could be that Backstrom puts it on the tape so much that it's more evident when Carlson doesn't do the same when they are out there together. He's not awful at it but occasionally he is off the mark.  

Just now, Hersh said:

Part of it could be that Backstrom puts it on the tape so much that it's more evident when Carlson doesn't do the same when they are out there together. He's not awful at it but occasionally he is off the mark.  

Well of course he'll grade out poorly when comparing his passing to Backstrom's.  Not many in the league can do what he does.

58 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Here's the question, though.  Are Carlson's passes bad, or are they just not divine in the way Green's were?  How many defensemen are there in the league who'd be able to mimic Green's performance on the PP?

They're bad when compared to a "top" PP1 QB.. (Which he isn't) Shattenkirk will quickly take his PP1 minutes.

So, I caught the 1st period and highlights after that.. Was Winnik's fight the turning point of the game or had they already begun to find their stride?

Shattenkirk is a G. He came out and looked like the best defenseman we had for the first period plus when we were playing bad. This dude breaks the puck out FAST lol. I was impressed how quickly he was movin the biscuit and making high IQ decisions with a team he hasn't played with. Our defense is on Ultra Beast Mode for this run.

Let's Do This. This. Is. The. Year.

Ovechkin will be on another level come playoffs and I can't wait for him to shut some of these idiot Canadians who say he can't lead a team to a Cup, not a team player, etc.

I'm excited to watch all these 'Murrican RHD blast the puck gunning for Stanley! 

U.S.A

U.S.A

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

They're bad when compared to a "top" PP1 QB.. (Which he isn't) Shattenkirk will quickly take his PP1 minutes.

So, I caught the 1st period and highlights after that.. Was Winnik's fight the turning point of the game or had they already begun to find their stride?

They were playing well in the second before that.  Locker was commenting about how they were playing better, but then after the fight he started attributing their better play to the fight.  Goofball.

9 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

They were playing well in the second before that.  Locker was commenting about how they were playing better, but then after the fight, he started attributing their better play to the fight.  Goofball.

Locker.. LOL! Dude is drunk most of the time I do believe. :rofl89:

Archived