Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It just doesn't make sense to have bye weeks this early. They should be over with by like early January.

I'm hoping that the break will help with their legs come playoff time.

What I don't understand at all is having a 'break', to let teams heal, then have them play back to back, road day games. starting less than 24 hours apart.  How is that 'healthy'?????

48 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My husband just said, "The Capitals are playing again today...after the OT/shootout from yesterday..."

Cool (I'm just doing laundry & stuff, so I can watch) and not cool...they need a friggin' break!

They had a long enough break!  Man up men and get to work!

2 hours ago, btfoom said:

I'm hoping that the break will help with their legs come playoff time.

What I don't understand at all is having a 'break', to let teams heal, then have them play back to back, road day games. starting less than 24 hours apart.  How is that 'healthy'?????

As far as I understand, this whole "bye week"

think happened because of the World Cup of Hockey before the season.

So it seems to be a forgone conclusion grubi is getting swiped by vegas. I know you can only protect one goalie. Are there any other ways we can protect him or are we pretty much screwed? Its amazing what a capable backup can do for your team. So much better than the justin Peters experiment. Really dont wanna lose grubi

Definition of lucky bounces going Rags way. 27 forces puck through Nick and it bounces right to him. 36 has puck go right skate, left skate, stick. 

Meanwhile Winnik pings and Justin has his stick snapped to prevent a layup. 

Amazing how a team in the midst of a normal schedule is on and the team playing back to backs on the road after a week off is off. 

Bye week sucks. 

Archived