Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Welcome to playoff style hockey! Gotta bury your chances or you risk losing to most anyone. Thought they played well enough to win that in regulation, but nothing going in and a couple (great) shots Im sure Holtby would like another chance at.. Oh well, got a point, on to the next one!

Even w/ those projections, I wouldn't be shocked with a first round upset if they played TB...and the Pitt series would be too close to call.  The way they're playing now doesn't give me the same amount of confidence that I had a few weeks back.  They need to start scoring. 

Complete and utter bull**** penalty call. Stick wasn't within a foot of his face. Sold it with a dive. And of course they score. NHL needs to start suspending people for diving. Completely changed the momentum of the game. 

MoJo not on bench. 

46 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Need to be able to review high sticks. And then suspend for embellishment. Too much soccer creeping into hockey.

Nah.

We don't need a review for borderline calls.  It's already ruining football, I'd rather it not ruin hockey.

:) for the goals.

As much as I think Popeman is a homer with his complaints about calls, I find it disconcerting that Craig Laughlin just announced that the next penalty call would go against the Caps.  That just goes to show that the calls aren't equally or fairly applied and it is commonplace for make-up or even-up calls.  That's not how it should be.

11 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I hope Trotz puts on tape of Burracuda and tells the team to play like that. North south and shoot the damned puck. 

He was playing like this all season.  I think we REALLY missed ol' Burakovsky while he was out.  We have 3 legit scoring lines when he's in the line up.

Great win against a team fighting for a playoff spot.  I don't really care if we win the division, but I really want to see them fight it out with possible playoff teams.  We need to go in with fire, not flat.

Looked like they got the band back together in the 3rd! Finally! lol  That late goal off the faceoff sucked but whatever.. Keep grindin'!

Burt looked good!

I wouldn't mind an in game review of high sticks/slashes. (Stuff you can black/white with a review) And do away with the offsides reviews.. If a coach wants to burn his timeout, have at it! Definitely would like to see post game review/suspensions of embellishments like that. Did Joe/Locker notice it? The Tampa homers didn't even mention it.. Looked like the stick missed him by a foot on my replay? Then the head goes back, drop to the knees, touches face to check for blood.. Just an embarrassment to the NHL if it was all an act..

This game was almost how dominate they looked before the bye. Hopefully with a healthy lineup it will be back to full force. Mojo wasn't hurt, just ill. Should be back next game.

Also, Oshie is leading the team in goals scored now. Playing on the same line as Ovie and missing several games. Get this man a contract. No one has lead this team in goals since Ovie was drafted. It also doesn't make me worried about Ovie, because he is out there hustling.

Yea, we'll probably be priced out of the Oshie sweepstakes...and that's OK with me.  No point in giving a 30 year old forward a 5-7 year deal that will ultimately cripple your cap and hinder efforts to sign other players. 

One buy low candidate that might be worth taking a flyer on is Nail Yakupov.

Could be a Brett Connolly situation, but I think he's got a higher upside. 

Archived