Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What expectations do you have for the 2016 season? (merged)

CrypticVillain

The division is and has been weak for years.

We won it last year and I am expecting us to do so again. 9-10 wins with a good record against division foes.

Now in the playoffs, I'm not sure what to expect. That's a better indicator of how good the team is

A healthy Dallas makes it far less weak than last year. 

As much as it pains me, they'd still be my clear favourites for the East. 

Hail. 

There's really no way to know if the schedule is brutal

It's a guarantee that one of those games you're worried about now will look like cake come September

And that at least one of those teams considered a cakewalk now will be looking like playoff contenders next season...

Both of those reasons are why I don't worry about the schedule 6 months in advance lol...

And that at least one of those teams considered a cakewalk now will be looking like playoff contenders next season...

Both of those reasons are why I don't worry about the schedule 6 months in advance lol...

That too lol

A healthy Dallas makes it far less weak than last year.

As much as it pains me, they'd still be my clear favourites for the East.

Hail.

Well their two best players are injured as often as Arsenal players are, I'm not worried about them because romoSUCKS will keep breaking that collarbone until he retires

Here are the actual SOS numbers for those interested. It is clearly not a perfect indicator, but it does shoe it's not like we are going from worst to first in terms of SOS.

2015 Preseason - 122-133-1 or 0.478

2015 Actual - 119-137 or 0.465.

2016 Preseason - 126-130 or 0.492.

Right now there is only a 7 gm difference from what the actual SOS was last year to the projected this year. Could it end up being tougher? Sure. But last year 2 teams we played lost a total of 12 gms more counting 24 more gms to our schedule yet the entire SOS only changed by 7 gms.

I will give a prediction later but thought I would share this now.

Are you people ****ing serious? Our DC getting canned?

Our schedule is too hard?

What a bunch of negative pansies. Give me a ****ing break.

Yeah, God forbid people aren't willing to be positive about the team yet, seeing as how they haven't had a positive season following a playoff season in a long time...lol. People are going to be negative and have their wonders about the team until they show they can have 2 good seasons in a row.

I'm kinda in wait and see mode. Won't make any predictions until I see how the teams looking during the regular season.

I dont have any high expectations that is for sure. GMSM just finished his first year with us. We still have many glaring holes and haven't hit the draft yet or finished FA yet.

We should have a fairly strong roster after GMSM has completed his 4 year contract, after 3 full years if we are lucky. I fully expect Snyder to resign him, and at any cost. With 4 to 5 years with GMSM at the helm? We should be rock solid. Gruden will have had enough time to prove himself by then, and if not? GMSM finds a coach whose style meets the roster which was constructed. I am hoping the QB position is locked down.

Hard to start predicting this early. I would love 11-5, but be satisfied with 8-8...anywhere in between. Too many glaring roster weaknesses right now, IMO.

Here are the actual SOS numbers for those interested. It is clearly not a perfect indicator, but it does shoe it's not like we are going from worst to first in terms of SOS.

2015 Preseason - 122-133-1 or 0.478

2015 Actual - 119-137 or 0.465.

2016 Preseason - 126-130 or 0.492.

The only reason it looks close is because our division sucked last year vs the year before when the Cowturds/Eagles has 22 wins. Also those games count twice.

Yeah, God forbid people aren't willing to be positive about the team yet, seeing as how they haven't had a positive season following a playoff season in a long time...lol. People are going to be negative and have their wonders about the team until they show they can have 2 good seasons in a row.

I guarantee you that if we had went on the same spending spree the Giants did 75% of the fans in here would be predicting us 11-5 or better and likely winning the conference.

That was the funny thing about Snyderatto, most of the fans complained about their idiocy, then when dolt moves like Haynesworthless or Archuleta/Lloyd/Randell were made most everybody jumped on board time after time. Hilarious for sure.

I'm with a lot of yall. I think 8-8/9-7 should be the floor expectation. If we don't win the NFCE, I at least want to be in the playoff race during the final weeks of the season. A 6- 10 season and using the "rebuilding" or "X" amount of years from contending excuse would not be acceptable for me.

Other expectations:

Throw Kirk's training wheels away, let him sling it (like weeks 14-17) and get him a running game so he can do his thing with play action passes.

On defense let Qb's and opposing offenses know that Capitol Punishment is coming.

Keep giving young talent chances to contribute.

Keep up with improvements to ST.

Above expectations are 11+ wins and deep playoff run. 

The defense running game and receivers scare me. we have 6 playoff teams on the schedule.

if we split the devision games and beat the Browns and the Bears we would have 5 wins. Say we beat only one of the playoff teams that's six wins, push it to two and that's seven and I don't know about saying we will beat more then two with what we saw last year winning against winning record teams. Then we have the Ravens and the Lions to decide if we can win 8 or 9 this season at most.

8 and 8 this season is my guess. it's a process to be great not an event

Anything more and I will be very happy, a loss of one or two from this number I won't be all that surprised, more then that number of losses and I will be hoping for a tank season because we will need a QB

I said 7-9 not because I'm a negative nancy, but because I don't think we're quite ready for prime time yet.  It doesn't mean we can't overachieve and win the division.  I like the course we're on, I just think we're a year or two away.  I'm happy with Scot's approach, and I think we're on our way to being a perennial contender.  

I said Barry would get canned because I don't think he's the guy that can lead our defense to where we need it to go.  At some point, I think we need an upgrade at DC if we want to take the next step.  I don't think that's a crazy or an overly negative theory.  I don't think all the positive vibes in the world will turn Barry into a top flight DC, but maybe our injured players returning and a good defensive draft can do the trick.  We shall see.  

There's really no way to know if the schedule is brutal

It's a guarantee that one of those games you're worried about now will look like cake come September

Exactly.  It's a matter of when you play the teams.  Everything looks daunting right now.  The difference is just 2 games which could mean nothing depending on how good/bad Carolina and Arizona might be when the Skins play them.  

The only reason it looks close is because our division sucked last year vs the year before when the Cowturds/Eagles has 22 wins. Also those games count twice.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Did you not see the projected SOS for 2015? That included the 12-4 cowpukes and 10-6 philly. But then I showed the ACTUAL SOS that included the 4-12 cowpukes and the 6-10 philly. None of them were that far off.

Had dallast and philly both had say .500 seasons, it would not change the delta between last years actual and this years projected since the whatever gains would have been seen in 2015 would also show in 2016. Their worse record had the exact same impact on the actual for 2015 as it does on the projected in 2016. The delta would still be 7 gms. So the actual for last year and the projected for this year being close has nothing to do with dallast and philly poor seasons since the same record was counted in both.

Now the projected for 2015 and the final for 2015 could have been affected by the poor records of dallast and philly. However, it was only 3.5 gms different, meaning that while dallast and philly had much worst years than last, the other teams on the schedule did much better, 17 gms to be exact. 

Not sure what you are trying to say. Did you not see the projected SOS for 2015? That included the 12-4 cowpukes and 10-6 philly. But then I showed the ACTUAL SOS that included the 4-12 cowpukes and the 6-10 philly. None of them were that far off.

Had dallast and philly both had say .500 seasons, it would not change the delta between last years actual and this years projected since the whatever gains would have been seen in 2015 would also show in 2016. Their worse record had the exact same impact on the actual for 2015 as it does on the projected in 2016. The delta would still be 7 gms. So the actual for last year and the projected for this year being close has nothing to do with dallast and philly poor seasons since the same record was counted in both.

Now the projected for 2015 and the final for 2015 could have been affected by the poor records of dallast and philly. However, it was only 3.5 gms different, meaning that while dallast and philly had much worst years than last, the other teams on the schedule did much better, 17 gms to be exact.

I surmise that this post was written for the sole purpose of being able to say Cowpukes, & Dallast as many times as possible. =P

Joking aside...right now it would be silly to reason we will be anything worse than 4-12, or anything better than 14-2. There's too much inadequate info with which to make an educated guess. For now, i'm just rolling with my gut, believing that we have a team full of players eho compete, & a QB who can play the position as required.

8-, 9-7 aren't the floor imo...more like a base projection. The floor on this team pretty low, all things considered, & the high has its limitations. Yet, i still think that we've got enough of a foundation to be in every game, & the QB who can put us over the top more often than not. Building on the defense, & adding some key spots along the OL...whether it be internal, or via the draft...would go a long way towards becoming a legitimately competitive team, but i don't think it will make or break us.

We shall see though....would like to revisit this after camp.

I expect to win the division again and take a step forward in the playoffs.  I don't see how anybody cannot expect that at this point.  Last year was not an anomaly.  Something special is happening here, right in front of our eyes.  

We are going into year 3 of the same offense with most of the same personnel.  Expectations should be super high on that side of the ball.  I really can't see us regressing in that department, especially with how little of an impact we had running the ball all season.  Any slight improvement there will only help Kirk on playaction.

I actually trust that the folks in charge will get us to the next level sooner rather than later.  

My expectations?

To continue to laugh, cry, yell, throw things at my tv, and point ahead and scream 'idiot' while looking in the mirror.

It's not easy to say, really. I'd expect Gruden & Co. to not develop too much into one aspect of the game, and be a flirter to playoffs every year like Cincy. I WANT to see continual improvement and development while building a team that can compete and win against different types of teams. That means not leaning on the passing game nor leaning on the running game, but keeping a good healthy mixture; simple line-ups with multiple routes to keep opponents guessing.

If you're not the strongest team, you need an edge, and that edge is unpredictability.

Most importantly, emphasize to the offense that the team cannot rely on 1 guy to carry them, and hold them accountable, which I think he's done a decent job of thus far.

I know there will be quite a few 'fans' who will give up on KC if he gets into a slump; we cannot do that; support through good times and bad times will solidify the team and bring them tighter.

It's hard to say right now, because though I'm cool with our offseason so far, I feel we haven't addressed our biggest needs via free agency.

You can make the argument we went backwards by so far not replacing Morris with a better back to help the run game, not replacing our NT after letting him walk, not addressed the larger WR question, and looks like we're sticking with Compton and Foster as our starting ILBs (which I felt had to be upgraded).

What this screams is we're going to try to address our biggest needs via the draft.  Even if we hit on our picks like we did last year, it won't be enough of a leap to handle a first place schedule and improved division.  Until we prove otherwise, we're going to be around 9-7 / 10-6. 

I can see the passing offense and pass rush being better, but I don't see anything so far that indicates we're going to be able to run the ball or stop the run any better then we did last year (which is what knocked us out the playoffs).

Archived