Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye Felicia

TK

What's the latest on Culliver and Goldson?  Thought those two were considered likely cuts.  Haven't been here in awhile so sorry if it's been discussed in another thread.

Nothing official yet. Just trying to make the cut/gone list easy to find instead of digging through the Twitter & FA threads. Anymore happen, we'll update the list in the original post.

Darrel Young I thought could have been some use due to our uncertainty at TE, but Gruden appears unwilling to utilise him

Best of luck to RG3 as long us he doesn't play against us.

The other three 'meh' ... totally underwhelming last season - see yah

Not sure I'd say it's so much Jay because Callahan doesn't use a FB in his scheme. I'd put it at 50/50 on a DY return since he is a football player & after 7 years doesn't have a lot of wear & tear on him & hardly any teams left that still use a FB.

Hate to see DY going; with a little head of steam he was a Mack truck.

But even the idea that he doesn't 'fit' into a coach's scheme and most teams have done away with the FB position, that in itself is more of a reason to keep him.

If teams don't practice against a FB coming out of the backfield or helping on blocking, it causes problems for defenses and becomes an advantage for the offense [us]. Gibbs practiced on things he said the team would probably never see, but he wanted to do it just in case.

If they want to form the team into a cookie cutter type of team, the only chance of winning will be purely on skill; with surprises here and there, you separate yourself from the others by having something they don't; a solid FB.

SIC

Oh, and yes, Bye Felicia

Archived