Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye Felicia

TK

I really don't get everyone's hate for Garcon - he's tough, healthy and been clutch for us and fights tooth and nail for contested balls - I'd hate to lose him. If he went we'd really miss him

My only qualm with Garcon is that his concentration seemed off before Jackson/Reed came back and we started winning. The drops and inability to get open during that stretch make me wonder if he was half-hearting it. OTOH, he was a major, major player in the streak that got us to the playoffs. A ton of clutch catches, big first downs, and receptions despite major hits.

I want Garcon back and I root for him. I expect him back and think he, Jackson, Reed, and Crowder make a fearsome quartet. They lack a bit of size, but that's a lot of talent.

More, I want Cousins to get the fairest test possible before we sign him to his next contract and that means I want him to have good talent.

Besides, I like winning. It's so much better than the alternative.

It would be wise to find his replacement first. Roberts has been a huge disappointment but our receiving corps is non-existent at best as it is currently constructed, with the exception of DeSean Jackson of course.

Receivers of Andre Roberts caliber (or at least what he has shown the last couple seasons) are a dime a dozen in the nfl. Draft his replacement and throw the kid I'm the fire. I don't expect that person will do any worse.

Receivers of Andre Roberts caliber (or at least what he has shown the last couple seasons) are a dime a dozen in the nfl. Draft his replacement and throw the kid I'm the fire. I don't expect that person will do any worse.

I don't expect a Roberts replacement would play. Right now we have Jackson, Garcon, Crowder, Ross, and Grant who would begin ahead of him on the depth chart. 

First off, finding Roberts replacement? OLS ha-ha ha, that's awesome.

Anywho, screw these over paid, late model leaders. Smith, Baker, Bash all played with these guys, are young. It's their team. They're the leaders. Kerrigan and Hall. It's also Cousins team, not some Overpriced FS who brings it in the locker room.

Chemistry will come with wins. We've got our teams core. The future is neigh.

I don't expect a Roberts replacement would play. Right now we have Jackson, Garcon, Crowder, Ross, and Grant who would begin ahead of him on the depth chart. 

Assuming they all come back, Jackson, Garcon and Crowder are your starers.  The problem is that Grant is kidnof the next-in, if somebody gets hurt.  And Grant, while a good route runner, scares exactly 0 people.  Ross has tons of speed, but he has to develop.  

Crowder could move outside, but he's going to be best in the slot, just because of his skill set.

I think that they are going to try and find another WR, because you need 4 who can really play, and right now they have 3.  

Well Hell. 

At first look, I read Golston, and I was like 'FINALLY! Waited 10 years to see the back of Highway 64!' 

Then I squinted my eyes and found it was Goldson. Which drew a sigh and a little fist pump after what I mistakingly read. 

Hail. 

For real how is Kedrick Golston still on the team? Guy has had the most mediocre ~10 year career in NFL history.

Alfred just a matter of time ... I wonder what they are waiting for.

Alf is a free agent. He's out of contract already and while it's not impossible he ends up back here if he can't find a strong market for his services, it's unlikely.

You don't think anyone is interested?

I think he will have a market and almost certainly sign with another team. I don't think it will be for big money though. If the price drops enough it's not out of the question he comes back here but again I'd be very surprised.

We see it every single year with alot of players; a player is productive for a few years, then has an off year, now that player is washed up, a bust, not worth it anymore, and so on.

Morris is a very good back, and yes he had an off year. We watched games where he seemed timid to hit the hole or cut back the wrong way, and in my mind it was partially the line and yes his fault as well, but the impatience that teams have floors me. 

Would he flourish anywhere else? Thats hard to say, but he was a big reason we made the playoffs in 2012, and even in the years after, he still put up good #s despite having no QB or passing offense. There are teams where he would be a huge benefit to, but others may depend on him and him alone to get them somewhere, and he's not that kind of back.

We see it every single year with alot of players; a player is productive for a few years, then has an off year, now that player is washed up, a bust, not worth it anymore, and so on.

This guy flourished after we cut him...

The Chicago Bears are re-signing starting cornerback Tracy Porter to a reported 3 year deal worth $16.5 million. Last season Porter played on a 1 year deal worth $870,000, so we can assume the Bears were very happy with his 2015 play.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/3/9/11189198/chicago-bears-re-sign-tracy-porter-jacquizz-rodgers-and-nick-becton

I mean we thought he was done ... 

Morris is a zone only shanny back, whos numbers have significantly declined every year. He also has a lot of miles, doesn't catch or block well.

He'll be signed by someone and I wish him luck. Great story, better person.

**** Porter.

Yea, he isn't the best pass catcher, i'll give you that, but overall his yards haven't dropped THAT much, IMo.

2012   1613   4.8

2013   1275   4.6

2014   1074   4.1

2015     751   3.7

Yardage dropped off an average of 10 yds per game, but considering he WAS the offense in 14' & 15', with no QB help and defenses keying in on him due to the lack of an aerial game, I wouldn't call it a decline as much as a speed bump. He was in and out of the game alot in 15', but he always was productive. One thing that did concern me last year was his hesitation in the backfield, but again, I think it was simply an off year for him, as every player in the league goes  through that phase.

Archived