Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally Official:RG3 released--A "goodbye" thread--NOT a discussion thread to rehash all your "RG3 thoughts" for the millionth time-MET

Riggo-toni

It makes me laugh when I see reports of 10 or more teams are interested in Griffin right now, as if the issue with him not developing was just us and our crappy coaching staff because our team sucks? Give me a break. I get that the world hates us but come on.

I agree, I am sick of the "They did RGIII wrong" crowd. His next team will have to have something like the Hogs for their OL, because the secret to stopping RGIII is all out blitzing. As for his time here, he will probably end up the only Redskin QB to beat the Cowboys on turkey day. I wish him the best, except for anytime he plays against us.

I agree, I am sick of the "They did RGIII wrong" crowd. His next team will have to have something like the Hogs for their OL, because the secret to stopping RGIII is all out blitzing. As for his time here, he will probably end up the only Redskin QB to beat the Cowboys on turkey day. I wish him the best, except for anytime he plays against us.

so that's it then? no other redskins qb will ever beat dallas on thanksgiving?

might as well not watch then...

so that's it then? no other redskins qb will ever beat dallas on thanksgiving?

might as well not watch then...

Just an expression of frustration on 6 straight losses in 44 years. Hopefully, every Redskin QB from now on will be added with him.

Thanks Robert for the memories of 2012. I'll always wonder "what if" you did not get injured in the playoff game, how far you could have taken the Redskins (in 2012 and beyond). I wish you the best of luck wherever you play except against the Redskins (or games that affect the Redskins).

I had never been excited about the draft till him. 

I hadn't been excited about anything since Rypien...other than:

Clinton Portis was a beast on offense, Sean was the beast on D.

We lived through an absolutely amazing season, thanks to him.  And like others have said, he gave everything.  That's what a real player does.

We had a real player, who put winning above all.  We should all be eternally grateful. 

I named a female cat RG, even before the NO game, that I couldn't talk through the second half, just cried, jumped & ran around with my pom poms.

I will continue to wear my 10 jersey with pride.  Thank you, Robert.  You're still everything to an aging fan who has loved this team since before you were born...and our birthdays are side-by-side.

I'll never, ever forget you, or forget to thank you.

Adios muchachos nachos. Or something to that level.

It's rare to find such a polarizing player as Griffin, but not always a good thing, as he showed. Hopefully he can put this behind him and move on with his career/life, but DC needed a QB, and we have one now.

I've said before that Houston seems like an attractive place; they desperately need a QB, will be in the same division as Luck, so the Griffin / Luck battle might get traction down the road to something resembling Manning / Brady [ remember, I said resembling ] and he will still have the chance to whip on the Cowboys at least once a year, even if it is preseason.

Good luck, and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...

It would be cool if we could keep track of where he lands with this tread.  Post updates on meetings with teams until the eventual signing.

I think that would be pretty cool. although it might be a better idea to put that in the around the nfl section, since he's not on the team anymore.

Cooley was just on with Kevin and Tommy, basically poo-poo'ing the notion that there wasn't a problem with Robert and Kirk co-existing.  He actually said Kirk didn't like Robert and didn't like having him in the QB room all last season. 

So here's to a fresh start for Robert and a QB room without tension.

I have no doubt that there was tension in the room. And if you got Kirk off the record he'd admit that he didn't care too much for Griffin. Kirk had a front row seat to see how Griffin wasn't coachable, how he got special treatment from the owner, the sense of entitlement and being critical of teammates. Kirk is the total opposite of that and so I'm sure there was some tension. Not to mention he probably felt all along that he was the better QB. I'm sure Kirk  was probably fed up and that spilled over a bit at the end of the 14 season when he mentioned competition of the job the following year. 

Still not sure what the infatuation with Robert is. He was set up for failure right away and proceeded to do just that.

Everyone says thanks for the memories in 2012. Really? What did he do in 2012 besides run a gimmick offense for 6 games that had no chance of stability? All fans are so quick to forget the team was 3-6 that season before the 7 game run- of which he won exactly 2 games on his own. The first Eagles game and the Turkey Day Cowboys game. Kirk won the Ravens and Browns games. Alf won the second Eagles and Cowboys games and beating the Giants was dumb luck- Griffin fumbling into another Redskins players hands for a TD for victory.

He ruined himself with his "All In For Week 1" campaign and flopped about as bad as you could. He got the coaches fired who created the system to put him in the best position to succeed in the first place. He is a mediocre quarterback at best and now has very little of his track speed left, the only thing he could ever bring to the table.

I hated the trade at the time, and I hate it even more now knowing all my fears were realized and then some. What a joke.

I will wish Robert luck though as he departs. He is going to need every ounce of it to last 2 more seasons in this league.

Still not sure what the infatuation with Robert is. He was set up for failure right away and proceeded to do just that.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

I will wish Robert luck though as he departs. He is going to need every ounce of it to last 2 more seasons in this league.

"My thoughts... that absolutely no one cares about." - DeAngelo Williams

Archived