Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally Official:RG3 released--A "goodbye" thread--NOT a discussion thread to rehash all your "RG3 thoughts" for the millionth time-MET

Riggo-toni

Per NFLN

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641782/article/redskins-inform-robert-griffin-iii-of-release

Redskins inform Robert Griffin III of release

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Griffin was informed he will be released Monday, according to a team source. The only surprise regarding the news was that it took so long for the Redskins to finalize, but they wanted to make sure that starter Kirk Cousins was under contract for 2016 before making anything official. Cousins signed his franchise tag tender last week. ESPN first reported the Griffin news.

In honor of Jumbo, I have embraced his special dog photo on my profile.  Good luck, RG3.    

Not in my honor--I posted the pic but didn't give you the avatar.  :)

But you can never go wrong embracing doggies.  :D

This is kinda like when you go on Facebook and realize that one of your exes is dating some other dude. Even though you knew it was gonna happen, and you had already moved on, it still makes you feel a little nauseous.

But we are already sleeping with someone else! ;)

I know it's going to happen and it's just a matter of time but......

I find it funny that the thread title is "Final Official" and the source is an NFL Insider saying that the player was informed he was going to be released.

That's not final or official. :-)

I don't think he's a bad guy or anything like that. But a lot of the damage that was done here was his own doing. His sense of entitlement and his inability to accept blame really rubbed me the wrong way.  I personally don't care if he goes the Dallas or Philly. My emotional attachment to RG3 left in 2013. I'm honestly a lot more sad about Morris leaving.

Everyone and their momma knew this day was coming. Glad it's finally over so we can all move on from the RGIII era. I enjoyed 2012, but didn't enjoy his other years here. Blame goes both ways on him and the organization for what went wrong. Wishing him all the best wherever he goes.  GO SKINS!!!

I hope he goes to the Texans, plays great for them, makes a bunch of cowboys fans jump ship and become Texans fans, has yearly battles with Andrew Luck for division titles, and then meets up with Kirk Cousins in the Super Bowl, where the two QBs share a genuine and sincere embrace and then put together one of the most exciting SBs ever, with Cousins leading a game winning drive and winning MVP.

Griffin succeeding to that level on the Texans would make Jerruh's head explode and Cowboyszone would be having civil wars over Griffin on a daily basis lol *thumbsup*...

Thank you Robert for 2012 and being a professional this last year. I truly wish you the best in your future endeavors, both on the field, but more importantly off the field.

I also see Houston as a great landing spot. Good luck unless it's the cowpukes!

Yep. Not going to say anything bad. We know the story and it's been going around and around like merry go round for four years. I'd really like everyone in here to keep those comments and feelings to yourselves so this doesn't evolve into another mega RG3 thread and just say good bye and wish him luck if you want to.

Archived