Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

14 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

For the love of Star Wars let Favreau and Filoni handle it from here on out. These guys know what they are doing. Fantastic. 

yesh just let them run a new ST set during this timeframe. Recast Luke with Sebastian Stan, Leias daughter from the ST can play Leia and find someone that plays Han. Who cares. Maybe set it 10-15 years later so their kids can be part of it. Let Filoni and Favreau run it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yesh just let them run a new ST set during this timeframe. Recast Luke with Sebastian Stan, Leias daughter from the ST can play Leia and find someone that plays Han. Who cares. Maybe set it 10-15 years later so their kids can be part of it. Let Filoni and Favreau run it. 

I could be down for that. If Obi Wan is as good as the Mandalorian maybe we just do TV shows from now on. 

Seeing live action Ahsoka and fantastic light saber action on TV was so much fun. Cool to see it from the perspective of the enemy like a horror film. 

• Like 2

Also, I  must say again how ignorant I am of pretty much everything star wars outside of the trilogies and Rogue One,  so it was a cool surprise when mando blocked the slice from the Lightsaber, and it was revealed that beskar can withstand that energy. 

The beskar lance was pretty awesome

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Leias daughter from the ST can play Leia

Give Millie Bobby Brown a couple years.

image.png.f1decf031472d172dc02e1d495f3b778.png

Man. What an episode...

Spoiler

Thrawn mention, Asoka was bad ass, sends Mando to Tython, which is now Canon. I ****ing love Filoni and Favreau.

All Rebels and Clone Wars characters who haven't died are on the table.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

For the love of Star Wars let Favreau and Filoni handle it from here on out. These guys know what they are doing. Fantastic. 

I think there is an endless supply of stories to tell, but I'm fairly exhausted with the Skywalkers and Palpatines. These post-Empire/Outer Rim tales are pretty good.

• Like 1

I love the simplicity of these episodes and, to me, it makes for a much higher quality live action product than way over the top CGI stuff. It brings back the feel of the OT that was more about the people than making the most ridiculous fight scenes possible. Less is way more at times. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah but I’m not really interested in Obi Wan. I’ve seen all the story I need to see on him. I think more adventure between 3-4 will just make it harder to believe McGregor’s Obi Wan became the weak old man in 4 in such a short amount of time 

Did he become weak or did he become more powerful than you could possibly imagine? :runlukerun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Also, I  must say again how ignorant I am of pretty much everything star wars outside of the trilogies and Rogue One,  so it was a cool surprise when mando blocked the slice from the Lightsaber, and it was revealed that beskar can withstand that energy. 

The beskar lance was pretty awesome

yeah same that was really cool. Apparently it was made by Mandalorian to counter lightsabers in their war with the Jedi 

Now that Mando has the lance he can battle Moff Gideon with the dark saber 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Did he become weak or did he become more powerful than you could possibly imagine? 

Lol fair point. But I can imagine him being more powerful than a ghost that pops up every now and again to offer advice or argue with an old muppet. 

so weak is the answer for me 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Give Millie Bobby Brown a couple years.

image.png.f1decf031472d172dc02e1d495f3b778.png

Man. What an episode...

Reveal hidden contents

Thrawn mention, Asoka was bad ass, sends Mando to Tython, which is now Canon. I ****ing love Filoni and Favreau.

All Rebels and Clone Wars characters who haven't died are on the table.

that’s a great choice 

how old is she lol. She looks 20 in that pic but she’s going to be one hell of a strung out 12 year old in stranger things season 4 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah same that was really cool. Apparently it was made by Mandalorian to counter lightsabers in their war with the Jedi 

Lol fair point. But I can imagine him being more powerful than a ghost that pops up every now and again to offer advice or argue with an old muppet. 

so weak is the answer for me 

He got Luke to trust the force which led to the first death star being blown up? We can also make up a lot of stuff like he got Han to come back and shoot at Vader's group of tie fighters. Also, he clearly was playing mind tricks with Luke the entire time to get him to become a great jedi. That's what I'm going with and he couldn't do any of it while he was alive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

He got Luke to trust the force which led to the first death star being blown up? We can also make up a lot of stuff like he got Han to come back and shoot at Vader's group of tie fighters. Also, he clearly was playing mind tricks with Luke the entire time to get him to become a great jedi. That's what I'm going with and he couldn't do any of it while he was alive. 

thats fine I just never liked it. He quit. It’s not inspiring to watch someone stand there and get whacked in the arm with a lightsaber to make them disappear. If I was Luke I would have had more “wtf?” questions than I would have been inspired. 

i also can’t help but think it’s odd that Kenobi spends 20 years in the desert watching over Luke so he can teach him for a week and then die in front of him. He could have served him better fighting his way back to the ship and escaping and actually teaching him. Going to visit Yoda together etc. 

ah well, 45 year old water under the bridge now 

I liked how she would show herself when the white sabers blazed to life in the creepy dead woods, and then vanish back into the shadows just as quickly after striking.  Cool scene.  

And it was out done by a gunslinger show down and dope lightsaber fight at the same time at the end of the episode.  

This series is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Rogue One. 

• Like 6

This show has reinvigorated what was so good about the OT, which wasn't just the main story, but all the interesting characters the viewers got glimpses of on the way.  The first time watching A New Hope and the bar scene hits, you want to spend an entire movie with just about every single character good/bad/otherwise that is knocking back a cold one in the bar.  THAT is the Star Wars I fell in love with as a kid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be the disappoint if Filoni doesn't bring Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren into this show. 

21 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This show has reinvigorated what was so good about the OT, which wasn't just the main story, but all the interesting characters the viewers got glimpses of on the way.  The first time watching A New Hope and the bar scene hits, you want to spend an entire movie with just about every single character good/bad/otherwise that is knocking back a cold one in the bar.  THAT is the Star Wars I fell in love with as a kid. 

Imo, Rogue One did that too.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think there is an endless supply of stories to tell, but I'm fairly exhausted with the Skywalkers and Palpatines. These post-Empire/Outer Rim tales are pretty good.

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah but I’m not really interested in Obi Wan. I’ve seen all the story I need to see on him. I think more adventure between 3-4 will just make it harder to believe McGregor’s Obi Wan became the weak old man in 4 in such a short amount of time 

I'd still really love a series based around Han and Chewie flying around in the Falcon stealing things.  

OK, and occasionally doing a Good Deed.  Maximum once per season.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

There was so much going on in that ep that it probably requires a rewatch. Didn't even realize that was Michael Biehn. Thought he looked familiar,  though.

It took me awhile to realize it was him. I think the last time I saw him was The Rock. 

Anyways the "Sawed off shotgun" laser rifle. What Hicks used in Aliens for "close encounters". 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know absolute jack about the black lightsaber, but I would imagine that with all this hype, it's a lot more powerful than even a master jedi/sith saber