Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Just saw Chapter #14.

What a blast :)

Reveal hidden contents

The Fett is back, though is a tad chubby. But he's badass :)

And they're gonna team flying around in the Slave-1.

Dark Troopers are also officially in. Can't wait to see them into action.

And Grogu is becoming a monster too.

They're gonna put on a show for the season finale with an impressive battle team.

They packed a lot in for a 32 minute run time.  I kinda wish they'd add more time and let some of the moments breathe a little like the last episode did.  

• Like 1

While I could definitely be down on episodes being a bit longer to allow certain happenings allowed to breathe, I do, and have advocated for the pros of weekly episodic format rather than binging an entire season in a day.  I like the suspense it builds, the conversation it produces, focused on specific pieces of content at a time. Having a week of build up to see what will happen next.  Sometimes I find with binging that you end up merely as a consumer and you are turning the page on said property as quick as you were watching it in the first place. 

Edited by NoCalMike

34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So @Momma There Goes That Man

You a big fan of the Fett now? That was some redemption 

yesh it’s almost like he’s a completely different character than he was in the OT. I guess if you’re going to do that, everybody is likable. 

this show literally improves and makes you like everybody it touches. I wonder if my father in law can get a role in it

all jokes aside, he was a badass and got the spotlight. This version of him would have killed Han, Luke and could have become the new emperor. He’s still a worthless punchline but in the OT but looks like he’s redeemed 

I like the way they are setting things up. 2 seasons worth all coming together 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

Honestly, Fett was fine in Empire Strikes Back. He got the short end of the stick in Return of the Jedi because George Lucas is a goofus. He got lucky early on, but left to his own devices he's not a good writer.

I'm willing to believe Fett survived just because this is just better writing and a better way to treat his character. I thought giving purpose to the rocket on his back and his little eye scope was a nice touch too.

That said, I wasn't crazy about his weird staff weapon. Just kinda overdone.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1

I haven't watched the last few yet... Going back and watching Clone Wars... And then Rebels...

So I'm way behind but I'm semi up to date with spoilers...

So here's some extra spoiler talk...

I think it's obvious that they are going to rebuild the Jedi Council.

Ahsoka, Rey, Little Baby Yodes after his stint with the dark side, Cal Cestus...

Animated Series = Ahsoka

Films = Rey

TV = LBY (I refuse to call him by his name)

Video Games = Cal Cestus

Books = ?

And of course other characters as well. They will build it in Luke's vision where love and attachment is okay and they will build it with true balance in the force. 

It's pretty smart. The old Jedi Council had its fans, but its so hard to connect with most of those characters because we didn't really have time to develop attachments.

Yoda is just about the only Jedi Council member we had a chance to develop a full attachment too.

Then of course Obi-Wan. 

The rest had some stories, but no real attachments. People liked them, sure, but there was no easy connection for casual fans of the series.

Characters like Qui-Gon were real interesting but no one got to know the guy.

Now they seem to be rebuilding the Jedi Order with Jedi (or former Jedi) from all areas of media.

Big fan. I hope this is the way.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

The great thing about this show is the F's have been completely unpredictable. They've done a great job containing spoilers. I mean, they completely redeemed Boba Fett after his Keystone Coppers level demise.

So, stop reading here if you're a slackey-mcslackass and haven't watched yet...

Ok. If you continue reading beyond here, it's your own fault, slackey.

I blurted out "oh ****" when the Razors Crest got blown to bits. My 6 yr old daughter--who watched the Madalorian with me every week, like clockwork, screamed when they took Grogu--she was heartbroken when he got taken (then we watched the Rebels episode where Kanan Jerris dies...she was bawling). So they keep the surprises coming--and they are not lame, fan-pandering crap surprises too. They have nailed this show.

And the perfect live action actor for Thrawn when he's brought into the show: Jason Isaacs...he has the perfect demeanor and voice.

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The great thing about this show is the F's have been completely unpredictable. They've done a great job containing spoilers. I mean, they completely redeemed Boba Fett after his Keystone Coppers level demise.

So, stop reading here if you're a slackey-mcslackass and haven't watched yet...

Ok. If you continue reading beyond here, it's your own fault, slackey.

I blurted out "oh ****" when the Razors Crest got blown to bits. My 6 yr old daughter--who watched the Madalorian with me every week, like clockwork, screamed when they took Grogu--she was heartbroken when he got taken (then we watched the Rebels episode where Kanan Jerris dies...she was bawling). So they keep the surprises coming--and they are not lame, fan-pandering crap surprises too. They have nailed this show.

And the perfect live action actor for Thrawn when he's brought into the show: Jason Isaacs...he has the perfect demeanor and voice.

Honestly I thought Lars Mikkelson did a great job with Thrawn in Rebels.

Yeah seeing the ship blown up was a gut punch, and my wife and daughter also screamed when the child was nabbed.

Edit: The destruction of the Razor Crest is also a really interesting plot point. The main character's ship is usually a big deal (The Millennium Falcon, The Ghost, Luke's X-Wing, etc) so this has me wondering if they're setting up for some kind of plot arc where Mando acquires another, perhaps more up-to-date ship.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Honestly I thought Lars Mikkelson did a great job with Thrawn in Rebels.

Yeah seeing the ship blown up was a gut punch, and my wife and daughter also screamed when the child was nabbed.

Edit: The destruction of the Razor Crest is also a really interesting plot point. The main character's ship is usually a big deal (The Millennium Falcon, The Ghost, Luke's X-Wing, etc) so this has me wondering if they're setting up for some kind of plot arc where Mando acquires another, perhaps more up-to-date ship.

Or he ends up with Fett’s ship?