Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

46 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sucks to have filler when there are only 8 40 minute episodes. 

maybe this frog character will be more important down the line. 

Yeah I wasn't that impressed with this one either. That said, with John & Dave, I'm expecting they're setting up for something down the line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TK said:

Yeah I wasn't that impressed with this one either. That said, with John & Dave, I'm expecting they're setting up for something down the line. 

As they have in literally every step of the way. And Favreau has done it in many cases (or been a part of it).

Nothing happens for no reason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

As they have in literally every step of the way. And Favreau has done it in many cases (or been a part of it).

Nothing happens for no reason.

A little dot-connecting, of course, spoiler warning: https://www.ign.com/videos/the-mandalorian-season-2-ep-2s-side-mission-means-more-than-you-think?sf131953336=1&fbclid=IwAR2yA1A5E1aYU4r8NFpgihpj67NdE2K6ygcxfqLwYphlHLtcvFwdMgHKfXQ

Are we supposed to read more into baby Yoda literally eating her children with no remorse and never batting and eye at the people Mando kills? It’s either supposed to be an underlying darkness to him or is it just him being a toddler and stuffing anything in his sight into his mouth? 

I wasn’t quite sure if they were just playing it for comedy or trying to show something more 

I don’t really care, if he becomes the next Palpatine and enslaves the galaxy, as long as he stays little and ****ing adorable, people probably wouldn’t mind 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are we supposed to read more into baby Yoda literally eating her children with no remorse and never batting and eye at the people Mando kills? It’s either supposed to be an underlying darkness to him or is it just him being a toddler and stuffing anything in his sight into his mouth? 

I wasn’t quite sure if they were just playing it for comedy or trying to show something more 

I don’t really care, if he becomes the next Palpatine and enslaves the galaxy, as long as he stays little and ****ing adorable, people probably wouldn’t mind 

Yeah I wondered about that too, along with the force choke as @Riggo#44 noted.  I wonder if the idea is that Yoda's species is so in tune with the force they can intuitively use light and dark force powers from a very young age.

As if the show is sort of a thought experiment, "What would Yoda be like if he didn't have a mentor?"

• Like 1

I also think they are teasing that no one is inherently good or bad, and his “side” will be dependent on his upbringing.

For as much dark he’s shown, he’s also shown light. Healing people who are mortally wounded, saving Mando.

He’s been perfectly balanced (as all things should be).

Perhaps he will be the key to balance within the force between the dark and the light.

• Like 2

Per George Lucas, Darth Maul was going to be the main villain of his sequel trilogy 

George Lucas has revealed that Darth Maul would have been one of the main villains of his Star Wars sequel trilogy, had his continuation of the story ever made it to the big screen.

As Screen Rant reports, Reddit user bothanspy89 posted a page from The Star Wars Archives: 1999-2005 book that hit shelves earlier this week, detailing some of the ways that Lucas' Star Wars sequel trilogy would have differed from Disney's version of Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. The excerpt reveals that Darth Maul would have returned as the Big Bad of the galaxy far, far away alongside Darth Talon.

"Darth Maul trained a girl, Darth Talon, who was in the comic books, as his apprentice," Lucas explains the latest Star Wars Archives volume, which covers the making of the prequel trilogy. "She was the new Darth Vader, and most of the action was with her. So these were the two main villains of the trilogy. Maul eventually becomes the godfather of crime in the universe because, as the Empire falls, he takes over."

According to the new interview, the trilogy would have started a few years after Return of the Jedi, with Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker trying to rebuild the Jedi Order "from scratch" and training a future generation of heroes. The three films would have concluded with the late Carrie Fisher's Princess Leia Organa being revealed as the Chosen One.

"By the end of the trilogy, Luke would have rebuilt much of the Jedi, and we would have the renewal of the New Republic, with Leia, Senator Organa, becoming the Supreme Chancellor in charge of everything. So she ended up being the Chosen One," Lucas said, sharing more details about his abandoned plans for the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

While Lucas never got around to making his sequel trilogy, he did come close to making a live-action Star Wars series, years before Jon Favreau took on the task with The Mandalorian. Lucas commissioned no fewer than 50 scripts for Star Wars Underworld, a series set between Episodes III and IV that would have explored the criminal underbelly of the galaxy during the reign of the Empire.

15 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

That sounds better than Disney's version...

Right up until you hear Maul's treatise on how much he loves sand.

I still think they're missing a huge element in the Jedi Purge, Vader and his inquisitors hunting down Jedi. Make it dark AF.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 1