Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s dead. He died 35 years ago. Even when he was alive he was nothing more than a worthless 3-line can opener. 

now he has to come back and take focus away from Mando and Mando will have to play down to him I’m sure. 

Ackchyually | Know Your Meme

Boba Fett supposedly survived the sarlacc pit and fought it way out. His armor supposedly protected him. While not actually confirmed, there are references to it.

While I agree it's another in a long line of shoehorning familiar characters into story lines, I am going to give Farvreau and Filoni (Henceforth known as The Big Fs) the benefit of the doubt--if anyone can make it work, they can. After all, what would your reaction have been to a "Baby Yoda" rumor prior to Season 1?

No character needs a bigger retcon than Boba Fett after getting ****ed by Lucas in RotJ.

• Like 1

I know it's "canon" that he survived but that's pretty stupid imo.

I can't wait for this lame-ass loser to die again by slipping on a banana peel baby yoda accidentally drops

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

After all, what would your reaction have been to a "Baby Yoda" rumor prior to Season 1?

I would have been fine with it. It's actually the thing that made me want to watch the show in the first place after seeing pics of the child online after episode 1. There was mystery around it since it is a new character. Also, yoda was a great character. Boba is a ****. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He died. He was consumed by a giant sand vagina with teeth.

Edit: Which reminds me, I have to take the kids to go do some Mother’s Day shopping.

Why did you specify "with teeth"?  Isn't that just redundant?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Filing came out and said there won't be a season 5, unfortunately. 

That sucks. Would be a great way to open up new parts of the galaxy/universe and season for set it up perfectly.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Filing came out and said there won't be a season 5, unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

That sucks. Would be a great way to open up new parts of the galaxy/universe and season for set it up perfectly.

There is always a chance a completely new series involving Sabine, Ahsoka or others happens. 

https://deadline.com/2020/05/clone-wars-series-finale-dave-filoni-interview-ahsoka-tano-mandalorian-1202927520/

On 5/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, Riggo#44 said:

Spoiler tag what I don't remember? Or should I just use it as an excuse to rewatch

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 10:47 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Just finished Jedi Fallen Order, it is now the best Star Wars game out. Amazing story, engaging game mechanics, by far the hardest game I have ever played. Well, well worth it.

What about Jedi Outcast? Graphics look like some borderline PS1 ****, but narrative/gameplay looks pretty deep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What about Jedi Outcast? Graphics look like some borderline PS1 ****, but narrative/gameplay looks pretty deep

****s on its chest and doesn't leave money for cab fare.

KotOR was the reigning champ

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am a 38-year-old man who had never watched a minute of Star Wars — until I binged all of them on Disney+ over quarantine

For 38 years, I avoided all nine movies in the main "Star Wars" saga.

I'd heard the references -- "I am your father" and "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." I know they're one of the most commercially successful entertainment franchises of all time, grossing more than $10 billion from box office receipts alone, not to mention billions more from toys, action figures, T-shirts, amusement park rides and every other imaginable commercial tie-in.

But at some point I decided I'd just be a guy who would vaguely nod and smile when someone referenced the movies without really understanding what they were talking about. If anything, avoiding them completely became my personal badge of honor. When I'd tell most people I'd never seen any of the movies, the reaction typically ranged from shock to contempt. 

Then the quarantine, two young boys and a brand new baby that needed night feedings presented me with an opportunity: I could zip through all nine movies. All of them — The Skywalker Saga — are available for on-demand streaming with my $6.99-per-month Disney+ subscription. "Watch them with your kids," people would tell me. "Your kids will love them! And you will too!"

So, I decided I would. My editor, Matt Rosoff, came up with an idea: review each movie as you go. 

Before I begin, some caveats: I am not a professional movie critic. I've never read any reviews of "Star Wars." I'm purposefully ignoring historical context. I get that many people have feelings of nostalgia for the films. I'm ignoring that too. I just want to see if I like the movies, as stand-alone films. I am going in to this about as blind as can be while also functioning in society for nearly four decades.

Also, obviously, I'm not naturally drawn to sci-fi action movies. If these types of movies were my thing, I would have watched them already. I know many people reading this may be super fans. I don't want death threats. I don't want lessons on Kurasowa motifs. I've also heard "Rogue One" and "Solo" are different in tone and worth watching. But that's for another time.

Finally, several of my colleagues told me the order in which I watched the movies was important. I opted to watch the movies in the order they were made. Having done that, I'd like to rewatch the movies in the storytelling order, starting with "Episode I" and going to "Episode IX."

Then again, there are lots of things I'd like to do in life. And I'd like to do most of them more than watch these movies again. 

Let's begin.

Click on the link for the rest

As much as I love TLJ and feel it’s the best Star Wars movie since Empire, they ****ed that trilogy up so bad with ROTS they need to just reboot the whole thing. The problem is what do you do with Han and most importantly, Luke? Would they sign up for more? Can you kill off Han and Leia in the period between 6 and whatever 7 will be? I could see Hamill coming back but it Ford. Could you recast Leia? 

I cannot deny the allure of someone doing it "Right" is very strong, especially with the success of The Mandalorian. 

But I just can't see it happening.  Too much money, and a rabid fanbase of super nerds will never let it happen.

What needs to happen, is someone new with Lucas' mindset, taking the helm, walking in and saying "**** you, this is my movie, this is how we're going to do things, are you in or not?"

The Prequels were a mixed bag at best, but I appreciate Lucas' willingness to be bold, even though it failed. It seemed like this recent trilogy was literally set up in a conference room, with exec's saying "OK, people, what do you thing StarWars fans would like to see?"

It's not surprising to me that it failed

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The "reset" is interesting--but, really, what's the point? They've missed now on 6 movies. Stick to the shows--the Mandalorian, Rebels, Clone Wars, have all been excellent. There are a lot of stories that can be explored. Old Republic, The Jedi Purge (beyond the 30 seconds it got in RotS), Darth Maul's Crime Syndicate, just off the top of my head.

• Like 2