Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think this is what makes the Madalorian so successful. It doesn't rely on any familiar, standard character. C3P0, Chewbacca or whoever else are not thrust into the story line. There are a couple of references to The Clone Wars/Rebels series, but by and large, its entirely new.

Although Ahsoka Tano is supposed to be in the next season, which is awesome.

No knock on Mandalorian, it's a great show. And Ahsoka is arguably one of the best characters in the Star Wars universe, however my point being it's still tied in some ways to the familiar. It takes place during the remnants of the Galactic Empire - stormtroopers are still around - familiar planets, etc. And I bet there will be some cameos, as it takes place right after ROTJ.

I just want completely new characters in a completely different timeline, where there is no connection to the Legacy story. 

I would love to see the Sith Temples of Korriban - some great potential there for a real dark storyline.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

When does the next season drop? And I hope it's not like Netflix where it's like every 2-3 years. It hard to keep a vested interest.

Oct-****ing-tober. It's done filming so the Rona-Vid won't affect it.

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I just want completely new characters in a completely different timeline, where there is no connection to the Legacy story. 

2 out of 3 ain't bad, which is why it's probably so popular. Their only references so far have been to lesser-known items like the Dark Saber (like how did he get THAT?!) Only those that watched Clone Wars/Rebels would be familiar with it. But other than that, it's entirely new.

Star Wars should be more shows than movies right now--I think there is some burnout

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I would love to see the Sith Temples of Korriban - some great potential there for a real dark storyline.

What you want isn't Star Wars. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Me too.  George Lucas created an entire galaxy with thousands of years of history.  

November 13 is the official release date for Season 2.

Directors helming separate episodes:

Jon Favreau: The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Iron Man

Carl Weathers: Hawaii Five-O, A Burger and a Bullet and The Mandalorian’s Greef Carga actor

Robert Rodriguez: From Dusk Till Dawn, Spy Kids, Sin City, Alita: Battle Angel

Peyton Reed: The Break Up, Yes Man, Ant-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Nah, you can make a Star Wars movie without any relations to the Ep 1- 9 timeline.

Knights of the Old Republic proved that.

You are good with Jedi and Sith, just nothing that ties it to the movies and series out there? Those are pretty familiar.

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

just stay away from the characters and events of 1-9. We have an amazing universe. Tell a story that doesn’t revolve around the actions of 6 important people

I'm good with all that but I have no use/need for a real dark star wars. My fam has been enjoying things like Star Wars Rebels and my son loved the Adventures of the Freemakers. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I'm good with all that but I have no use/need for a real dark star wars. My fam has been enjoying things like Star Wars Rebels and my son loved the Adventures of the Freemakers. 

Disney owns the rights. We aren’t getting any gritty bloodbaths anytime soon. 

They just made a TV show about the deadliest assassin in the galaxy and the star was an adorable baby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d appreciate anything with a balance between Mandalorian and Rogue One in terms of tone. I think that’s where you want to be for a perfect Star Wars. It’s serious enough to stress the stakes and violence of the world and sell the drama but also allows room for moments of humor and lightheartedness. Stay away from the campy stuff except for maybe animated stories 

I could do some darker stuff like what RO was before reshoots but that’s just my preference and probably not what others are looking for. As an isolated story like a trilogy of movies I think it could work well 

it’s when Star wars tries to be everything  that it gets in trouble 

• Like 1

I thought the latest trilogy both leaned to hard on the originals and tried to pay them too much homage. Just move on. 

The reason movie studios love franchises is because the worlds and characters get largely built at the beginning so the later movies can pack more plot and action into the allotted time. With Star Wars, the universe is built and well known and can’t and shouldn’t change. Empire, Rebels, spaceships, aliens, the Force. Start with that. The main characters have now had 13 films, 100 books, 25 video games and  several TV shows.  They have come to the end of their useful life and are mostly dead now anyways. Build some new characters in a totally separate circumstance/time in history, and make 15 films and 20 billion dollars between now and when im 55. Then do it again. 

In terms of tone, I’m not particularly picky but it is, at core, a story about a long running civil war.  A sugar coating doesn’t really work IMO. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, Renegade7 said:

You'll thank me later when someone does finally convince you to watch it.  

I say that as someone who's about go put myself through Episode 9 because I love sci-fi and don't want my hatred of what happened to this trilogy to be from a place of ignorance, if that makes any sense at all.

Hot Take (free to ignore): Rouge One was best Star Wars movie because it was the only one honest enough to kill the entire cast because that's what happens when you go up against a space station the size of a moon that can destroy planets.  All things balanced, as they should be...

Disagree.  Empire and Jedi (from the first trilogy were the best).  And Solo was awesome.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Disagree.  Empire and Jedi (from the first trilogy were the best).  And Solo was awesome.  

Trippin, I'll give you Empire because that was my favorite until Rouge One, but no way Jedi is better then New Hope.

You may have enjoyed Solo, bless your heart, but you can't put the Ewoks over the original Staff Meeting Telekinetic Death Choke. 

1waai4.jpg.76b088392cf5b71c24c2196694f06604.jpg

Even as a Star Trek guy, Vader in the original star wars set the tone that lead to my disappointment in so many of the other Star Wars films. The bar was set too high, i shouldve known, but I always came back hoping to see something like end of Rouge One.

I think some people are misconstruing what I'm saying, but we just need something fresh, away from the 1-9 timeline.

Star Wars is such a gigantic universe and has so much potential, I can't see why they would want to keep telling stories in the same 67 or so year time-span.

• Like 1

I agree with the above. A movie that exists inside of the Star Wars universe, that may even have links to eps 1-9 in some reference but doesn't draw upon the characters, would be cool. What made the Mandolorian so cool is that you could tell that he was existing inside of an Empire controlled universe, but he had no connection to the rest. They have a great universe, with vibrant lifeforms, the OG story is just bunk now.

Episode 8-9 sucked though and if Taika Waititi can't do a Star Wars film justice then Disney should just throw in the towel.

• Like 2