Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

My goodness.  Ep. 4 did it for me.  I liked Ep's 1-3, REALLY liked pieces of them, thought some pieces were just ok. 

Ep 4. might be up there with the Rebel's Season 2 finale as my favorite episode of Star Wars television.  

That was REALLY good.  Wow.  

Is there anybody in this thread who's watching the show but didn't watch Rebels?  I have a very specific question for you.

• Like 1

eh.  You just killed a good person, my friend, and my master.  And are powerful enough to kill me and probably my other good friend.  But I'm just going to give you what you want which includes letting you go to my other good friend.

This version of Sabine is stupid, immature, and irresponsible (taking the map from Ashoka in the first place when she told her not to and then this).  I guess you could say she was unpredictable in Rebels, but she wasn't this.

I don't like watching tv where people that are supposed to be experienced and reasonable people keep making dumb decisions.

23 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My goodness.  Ep. 4 did it for me.  I liked Ep's 1-3, REALLY liked pieces of them, thought some pieces were just ok. 

Ep 4. might be up there with the Rebel's Season 2 finale as my favorite episode of Star Wars television.  

That was REALLY good.  Wow.  

Is there anybody in this thread who's watching the show but didn't watch Rebels?  I have a very specific question for you.

Yep.  What’s your question?

She comes across as intelligent, an outside-the-box thinker, doesn’t care for the rules, and is determined/stubborn.  Lonely, though this seems like it might be borne out of the loss of loved ones?  

Dawned on me you might be asking what I think of her?  Bit of a PITA, but you can see the growth they’ve set up for her.  I like her alright, they’ve done a good job of making her a pretty compelling character… and of course, she’s very easy on the eyes.

Edited by skinny21

7 hours ago, skinny21 said:

She comes across as intelligent, an outside-the-box thinker, doesn’t care for the rules, and is determined/stubborn.  Lonely, though this seems like it might be borne out of the loss of loved ones?  

Dawned on me you might be asking what I think of her?  Bit of a PITA, but you can see the growth they’ve set up for her.  I like her alright, they’ve done a good job of making her a pretty compelling character… and of course, she’s very easy on the eyes.

Ok, thanks.  It's fascinating how people who've spent 4 seasons with these characters (Sabine, Harrah and Chopper primarily, we've spent a decade + with Ahsoka) and how we see them with the benefit of our previous knowledge of them vs. how people who are being introduced to them for the first time.  

My worry is Sabine could come off as a somewhat self-centered, stubborn, rule breaking loner who makes a lot of bad decisions.  She's one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars, and I am somewhat worried the show has not done a great job of telling the backstory which has led her to the decisions she's made.  But, maybe it's better than I think.  

7 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Episode 4 was arguably the best Star Wars in the Disney era. 

Baylan Skoll is definitely the best character in the Disney era. 

Live action?  I’d agree.  But there are some other really good episodes.

I still think twilight of the apprentice part II (Rebels season 2 finale) is my absolute favorite Disney Star Wars anything to date.  

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Baylan Skoll is definitely the best character in the Disney era. 

I have a hard time liking a character whose motivations I don't understand.

Is it money (episode 1 when rescuing Elsbeth), power (talking about the return of Thrawn to his apprentice), or is he a true believer in the imperial system (which is what is suggested during his battle with Ahsoka)?

Is he on the side he's on because they'll pay him the most, he's looking for power in a future Thrawn lead empire, or he's really trying to build the best system that he can?

(And all 3 could be true.  Though anybody being very rational and making a strong bet on Thrawn in a universe that includes Luke in full and active Jedi Master mode doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  You've got to have a pretty big blind spot if you think backing Thrawn with Luke around is a good way to get power.  Or something else up your sleeve.)

(I've got no problem that they haven't completely fleshed him out and that his motivations/allegiances are murky.  I've got no problem with slow playing a character and letting things build.  But without some better definition of why he is where he is and how he got there, I can't say he's "best" even out of what Disney has made with Star Wars.)

Edited by PeterMP

Whenever a

Spoiler

Skywalker

is involved, it's so much better.

Spoiler

So many ways to take the final lesson.  Maybe it's this.  "Getting redeemed by son made me realize, that I died so many years ago when Padme died... I was wrong... I had so much to live for.  Not just Luke and Leia, but my padawan... When Luke brought me back, I realized how much I killed you too... now I can continue passing on my Jedi legacy..."  But he teaches it in the most Anakin way... 

• Like 1

I will keep posting to myself:

Spoilers below

I am warning you

only click if you watched Episode 6 of Ahsoka!!!

Spoiler

I am so hype to see how this ends up.  By my reckoning, we are about to get the most "Jedi" / Padawan in one location and one time since the Jedi Temple (or since the last episode... but that doesn't count).  3 "Jedi" and 2 Padawan..

Baylan - I am sure his backstory will get fleshed out a decade from now.  It better not come out that Kanan is Baylan's apprentice. He's basically the anti-Ahsoka. 

Ahsoka - I think way back when I was like "why did they introduce her, how convenient..." but I cannot complain at all after Clone Wars and how they developed her story.

Ezra - technically the only Jedi, right?  Although the Jedi order doesn't really exist as we know it. 

Shin - Ezra's opposite.  The line she said about thinking she was a Jedi seemed revealing. 

Sabine - I guess we'll see what type of force user she becomes in a couple weeks. 

I can see something where Baylan vs. Ahsoka happens and then we get Sabine and Ezra vs. Shin.  I can also see something where all the force users have to team up. 

I actually think Thrawn should make it back and it would explain quite well the rise of the first order.   

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/streaming-tv-rankings-aug-21-27-2023-1235596349/

The newest Star Wars series on Disney+, Ahsoka, delivered a sizable viewing audience during its opening week. Suits continued its summer-long run as the top overall title.

The first two episodes of Ahsoka, starring Rosario Dawson as the title character, had 829 million minutes of viewing in the United States for the week of Aug. 21-27. With a total running time of 100 minutes over the two installments, that translates to about 8.29 million complete showings of the two. (Disney+ said the first episode alone gathered the equivalent of 14 million complete plays worldwide over its first five days.)

42 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I heard really bad things about Ahsoka I hope ratings have improved since the first 2 episodes

I am really liking Ahsoka, but then again, I am pretty easily entertained. The opening scene in Ep 1 was fantastic, I thought. It's Rebels Season 5, but it's been really fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I heard really bad things about Ahsoka I hope ratings have improved since the first 2 episodes

The show has been enjoyable. I think the first few episodes where to introduce characters from Rebels for people who didn't/don't watch cartoons. It has really stepped up the last 2-3 episodes.