Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 8/7/2023 at 10:39 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

It's a parody of the album cover for Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd's.

image.png.704547a9b621c35945f9570f11054274.png

Ah, okay.  Totally thought that was supposed to be from this scene where he brings out a matte painting of the lot.  Even has what looks like a seam in the ground where matte painting meets the road.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Ah, okay.  Totally thought that was supposed to be from this scene where he brings out a matte painting of the lot.  Even has what looks like a seem in the ground where matte painting meets the road.

Yup same lot they used for the album cover. Iconic place. 

🤭

My grandmother was one of them old California ladies what was all:

d2e9f925-07bd-403c-b031-8cab54205ee8_tex

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yup same lot they used for the album cover. Iconic place. 

🤭

My grandmother was one of them old California ladies what was all:

d2e9f925-07bd-403c-b031-8cab54205ee8_tex

Well now that scene is clearly a reference to Peewee and the Hobo on the train to San Antonio.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first two episodes. Very much rebels season 5 feel to it. Loving the castings by and large, Sabine is the heart of the show so far. A shame about Ray Stevenson. His gravity sis undeniable

also live action chopper, our favorite murder bot, is perfection 

Spoiler

Definitely some KOTOR references already as well. HK units, Star Maps, perhaps even a Darth Sion reference? 

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Also Qui-Gon Jinn has to be hella pissed. 

LOL, I thought the same thing. There is a youtuber, Charlie Hopkinson, who has a Not Obi-wan Kenobi channel who addresses this issue.

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure I like them retconning Sabine being force sensitive. She never showed that in Rebels.

Just had some training with Kanan and the Dark Saber. 

Also Qui-Gon Jinn has to be hella pissed. 

They made a distinct point for the robot who has constructed every Jedi lightsaber in the last 500 years (encompassing 10s of thousands of Jedi), to say “wow you’re probably the least force sensitive person that I’ve ever seen to walk down this path” 

it’s not like she’s out here force powering fools and reading minds

• Thumb up 2

On 8/23/2023 at 9:24 AM, “Misdirection” said:

They made a distinct point for the robot who has constructed every Jedi lightsaber in the last 500 years (encompassing 10s of thousands of Jedi), to say “wow you’re probably the least force sensitive person that I’ve ever seen to walk down this path” 

it’s not like she’s out here force powering fools and reading minds

Wait a couple of episodes.

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Wait a couple of episodes.

Perhaps. But I quite like the idea that all have a connection to the force it’s more about your training and openness to it. some may be more naturally gifted (just like any athlete or prodigy of our world) but it doesn’t mean others can’t try (or even excel) if they devote themselves to that path. 

Kanan on sabines force connection:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Y18FVC/

Edited by “Misdirection”

9 hours ago, “Misdirection” said:

Perhaps. But I quite like the idea that all have a connection to the force it’s more about your training and openness to it. some may be more naturally gifted (just like any athlete or prodigy of our world) but it doesn’t mean others can’t try (or even excel) if they devote themselves to that path. 

Kanan on sabines force connection:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Y18FVC/

Okay but that's essentially an argument that everybody should be able to learn to use the force well (which isn't really something that's consistent with Star Wars as we've seen it so far).  Even during the height of the Republic, there does not appear to have been a Force 101 where everybody learned the basics and everybody using the Force a little bit didn't seem to be a thing.  

Maybe a universe where everybody can access the force makes the Star Wars Universe better. 

My only point is that give them a couple of episodes and I suspect we'll see Sabine's use of the force to be pretty extensive.  They aren't going to be able to constrain themselves to the idea that Sabine is weak in the force.  If you had started with, well they are going to expand what we understand of the force and have it so that everybody can learn to use it well and Ahsoka is going to be the one to unlock that, I wouldn't have commented or at least it would have been a different comment.

When Sabine trained with the Dark Saber, she used her Mandalorian weapons to make up for not having force powers. 

Personally, I think the idea of her being a jedi padawan is a reach for her character.  

Spoiler

BTW I did like the symbolic cutting of her hair (like Kanan did). It also made episode 2 end up where the prologue of Rebels ended. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

If they make the idea that Sabine's connection is naturally weak in the force, they are working on growing it, and this has broader implications in terms of anybody using the force, it could be interesting.

I have a feeling they just like lightsaber battles, were looking for somebody for Ahsoka to have some conflict with other than the bad guys, and thought incorporating Sabine in might draw in more fans.  And aren't really interested in and won't be bothered to really deal with the idea that Sabine doesn't naturally have a strong connection to the force so mostly it will pretty quickly be ignored.

On 8/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, PeterMP said:

If they make the idea that Sabine's connection is naturally weak in the force, they are working on growing it, and this has broader implications in terms of anybody using the force, it could be interesting.

I have a feeling they just like lightsaber battles, were looking for somebody for Ahsoka to have some conflict with other than the bad guys, and thought incorporating Sabine in might draw in more fans.  And aren't really interested in and won't be bothered to really deal with the idea that Sabine doesn't naturally have a strong connection to the force so mostly it will pretty quickly be ignored.

I’d say this thoughtline didn’t age past about a week given the major premise of this past episode 

we’ll see if they continue to make it a theme and slow play it but so far I like the direction

22 hours ago, “Misdirection” said:

I’d say this thoughtline didn’t age past about a week given the major premise of this past episode 

we’ll see if they continue to make it a theme and slow play it but so far I like the direction

I've got to give them credit.  I liked the last episode more than the 1st two and thought they did a great job.  It is really an interesting idea to explore a person that doesn't naturally have much of a connection with the force learning how to use the force.

Now hopefully in the next episode or 2, they don't have her running around using a light saber to block blaster shots.

But for this episode, they did well.

(I did originally say give them a few episodes. But even that episode was better than I thought it would be.)

• Thanks 1

Seeing some YouTubers trying to say that this Inquisitor is Luuke, from the first Thrawn trilogy.  

Not sure I like the idea.  just tossing it out.  

-----

Also point out: as far as "least force sensitive ever", bear in mind that "least force sensitive that was still good enough to make the cut for Jedi training."  

I assume that the worst F-16 pilot in the Air Force isn't a bad pilot.