Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Love that Mando is a side character in his own show. And Grogu was clearly supposed to be with Luke all season since he has nothing to do this season. He’s basically just a fanny pack. Completely pointless. Disney panicked about going a whole season without him so they made them essentially retcon the end of season 2 in Boba’s show. You can tell the plot of the season was already written without him and then they just threw him in afterwards once they got word he had to come back. 

This season is just not interesting. The best and most interesting episode was the one that showed us the two imperials in the amnesty program on Coruscant. hopefully things pick up with Moff Gideon the next two episodes. they have a lot of work to do to save this season imo. It’s been fairly meandering and how they resolved the dark saber arc was really dumb. It should have been a moment and fell completely flat with that silly loophole Elden Wand stuff. 

I’m sure the next two episodes will be stuffed with character cameos because this show is just fan service. It doesn’t have any narrative juice and they’ve admitted they don’t know when or how it will end. They’re just going to keep milking the Grogu cow for as long as they can. That’s not conducive to quality storytelling.   

maybe it’s just hard going from Andor which was incredible to fan service action figure play time that this is. At least before it felt like it had a driving narrative and actual character motivations. I feel that, and the heart of the show the previous seasons are missing 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 10:45 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Love that Mando is a side character in his own show. And Grogu was clearly supposed to be with Luke all season since he has nothing to do this season. He’s basically just a fanny pack. Completely pointless. Disney panicked about going a whole season without him so they made them essentially retcon the end of season 2 in Boba’s show. You can tell the plot of the season was already written without him and then they just threw him in afterwards once they got word he had to come back. 

This season is just not interesting. The best and most interesting episode was the one that showed us the two imperials in the amnesty program on Coruscant. hopefully things pick up with Moff Gideon the next two episodes. they have a lot of work to do to save this season imo. It’s been fairly meandering and how they resolved the dark saber arc was really dumb. It should have been a moment and fell completely flat with that silly loophole Elden Wand stuff. 

I’m sure the next two episodes will be stuffed with character cameos because this show is just fan service. It doesn’t have any narrative juice and they’ve admitted they don’t know when or how it will end. They’re just going to keep milking the Grogu cow for as long as they can. That’s not conducive to quality storytelling.   

maybe it’s just hard going from Andor which was incredible to fan service action figure play time that this is. At least before it felt like it had a driving narrative and actual character motivations. I feel that, and the heart of the show the previous seasons are missing 

I liked the intra Mandalorian stuff and them reuniting, trying to reclaim Mandalore etc. But I agree there is an over emphasis on Grogu. He really should have just been sent off with Luke and never seen from again(except for here and there). 

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I liked the intra Mandalorian stuff and them reuniting, trying to reclaim Mandalore etc. But I agree there is an over emphasis on Grogu. He really should have just been sent off with Luke and never seen from again(except for here and there). 

And pass up on all the merchandising?  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's a foundling. Just like Din Djarin. It made sense (to me) to have him choose the way. 

I loved seeing Zeb Orrelios btw in the bar scene. I thought they got his live action look perfect.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Am I missing the joke here?  What's the significance of Obi-Wan and Anakin (on fire) shaking hands in what looks to me like the Warner Bros. lot from the Peewee's (RIP) Big Adventure bicycle chase?

It's a parody of the album cover for Wish You Were Here by the Pink Floyd.

image.png.704547a9b621c35945f9570f11054274.png

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Thanks 1