Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

So far it's really good. I haven't seen this week's episode as of yet...

👍 I dug it - unique view of the empire.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I have found most star wars content on disney+ to be highly mediocre so I am wary of Andor. That said it hsa very strong reviews so I may take a peek

I’m not gonna say it’s perfect or anything, but it’s really well done.  Much closer to (and in some ways better than) Mando level of product than Boba Fett, IMO.  Really fleshes out both the empire and the backstory/seeds of the rebellion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I have found most star wars content on disney+ to be highly mediocre so I am wary of Andor. That said it hsa very strong reviews so I may take a peek

I'm curious, what do you think has been mediocre (other than the Book of Boba Fett)?

On 10/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, ixcuincle said:

Mandalorian

Obi Wan

And I like Star Wars. Both series are just too long and a drag.

I'm not a big fan of both either. Obi Wan was unnecessary to me, and the Mando shows are way too slow. Plus, Bobba Fett is too fat...

I find myself more interested in everything that is not related to anything from the Lucas era. At least not the main characters. Watching the birth of rebellion with Andor and Mon is quite good. Best one of those, and I'm already looking forward next wednesday and season II.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you haven’t watched Tales of the Jedi, I think they are very good.  Especially if you watched Clone Wars but even if you didn’t.

I like Andor.  I find it a bit plodding at times. But overall very good.

Dave Fiiloni could make a series about Ahsoka reading Jane Austen novels and I'd watch it. Tales of the Jedi was really good.

Andor is living up to my expectations, and getting really interesting 

Andor is pretty stunning and easily among the best Star Wars content ever imo. It is not some check off box for fan service and characters and toys kids had in the 70-80s, and it doesn’t fall into tropes or diminish the existing narrative like Obi Wan did either. 

It builds and expands the post-prequel trilogy world and shows us things we’ve never seen in this world before. Seeing the empire not as powerful force using cartoon villains, but as something more terrifying, someone that will brutally torture another simply to climb the corporate ladder. To see how the wheels of fascism take hold and sweep people up in very humanized characters. To see how something as massive as a galactic empire has holes and blind spots caused by its own arrogance. To see the way the boot steps on everyone eventually and how being pinned under that boot long enough sparks and inspires rebellion. We finally get to see the weight that the empire takes on the regular people, and especially those fighting against it. 

it it’s superbly written and acted as well. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Andor.  Awesome series.  Between it and The Mandalorian, it’s a good time to be a Star Wars fan.  

Also, Latinos get left out too often, but Disney’s Star Wars has done the opposite. Luna and Pascal were given the lead on the two best series.  Oscar Isaac and Adria Arjona were given prominent roles as well. Theres also Rosario Dawson and Benicio Del Toro.  Love to see it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

You better off not even watching. I wish they had just let it be. Don't even explain what the cogs were for. Feels like this was a directive from the studio and not from the creators.

I watched it. Gilroy previously said what they are making is not irrelevant and it will matter in season 2. Feels a little on the nose honestly but oh well.