Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Boba feels like it's one of those mid-season filler series that broadcasters put on when a show gets cancelled. I don't care for the cyberpunk greaser gang, but I was 100% in love with the Tusken Raiders. My heart was broken, but I still have some hope that something will come of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Eventually you will get these series:

Grogu- The Rise of Baby Yoda

Luke - The Golden Years

Darth Vader- 

Leia - 

Han and Chewie - Boys are Back

That's ignoring upcoming series like Andor, Ahsoka, and the Acolyte. While they are using known properties like Obi-Wan, most don't know who Cassian Andor or Ahsoka Tano are. Plus The Acolyte is very mysterious, set in the days of the High Republic: "the story takes viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers."

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Boba feels like it's one of those mid-season filler series that broadcasters put on when a show gets cancelled. I don't care for the cyberpunk greaser gang, but I was 100% in love with the Tusken Raiders. My heart was broken, but I still have some hope that something will come of it.

Yeah, I give the F's (Filoni and Favreau) the benefit of the doubt, but Boba Fett just feels...Prequel Trilogy level bad.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, I give the F's (Filoni and Favreau) the benefit of the doubt, but Boba Fett just feels...Prequel Trilogy level bad.

i don’t think it’s bad. I just don’t think it’s that good either. I’m fine with his characterization in the series and what he’s done, for me it just hasn’t been that entertaining aside from the flashbacks which I enjoyed. 

but I also keep in mind that this is titled the Book of Boba Fett and each episode is chaptered which the Mandalorian also was. That makes it feel to me like a really long book where we get a few chapters from

a different POV explaining a character’s backstory or motivations before continuing on with the group. They probably set it up that way so if it doesn’t click they can just leave Boba behind (amen) or just continue his story alongside Din or as someone that just occasionally cuts in and out of the story. I imagine Ahsoka will be handled the same way. 

I for one am just kind of done with the callbacks and “hey look at this OT place/thing here” of Star Wars. That’s why Mando felt fresh. Sure it had some of that, but almost each week was a different planet with new characters and places and things happening. This is a massive galaxy. We don’t need to spend any more time in the ****in galaxy toilet that is Tatooine. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Disney channel - Leia junior High. 

I wouldn't mind seeing:

(1) Wookie Day Care

(2) MTV Cribs-  Greedo's House

(3) 60 Minutes with Jar-Jar Binks

(4) National Lampoon's Boonta Vacation (starring Grand Muff Tarkin and family)

(5) Bantha Bob Squarepants

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, kfrankie said:

I wouldn't mind seeing:

(1) Wookie Day Care

(2) MTV Cribs-  Greedo's House

(3) 60 Minutes with Jar-Jar Binks

(4) National Lampoon's Boonta Vacation (starring Grand Muff Tarkin and family)

(5) Bantha Bob Squarepants

Personally, I think I would rather watch Telatubbies on repeat, the show that took 5 points off my IQ every time I had to watch an episode with my kids, than 60 min with Jar-Jar Binks...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, gbear said:

Personally, I think I would rather watch Telatubbies on repeat, the show that took 5 points off my IQ every time I had to watch an episode with my kids, than 60 min with Jar-Jar Binks...

or you could watch...

(6) Star Wars/Golden Girls crossover Halloween special

(7) The Good, The Bad, and the General Ackbar

(8) The Coruscant Redemption (starring Joe Jonas as Biggs Darklighter)

(9) 12 Angry Dianogas

(10) One Flew Over the Neimoidian Pylat Bird's Nest

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I do not get why this is call the Book of Boba Fett. Tales of Tatooine would've been better.  

He’s the main character and his desires/actions are driving the plot. The entire world loves Grogu, we couldn’t get Mando back for muscle to help Boba without finding out what is going on with Mando and him plus it sets things up for future seasons. These are chapters in a book so the perspective can switch around and back as the characters move in and out of  the story and cross paths etc 

also, think of the Book of Boba as everything leading up to this point explaining how we got here. How Boba survived, what he’s been up to, what he now wants. It’s all important character information and now that it is written, we can progress the overall narrative with all the characters involved 

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Grogu is definitely becoming a mandolorian right?  Will he have a tiny jet pack?  

he will rule mandalore as a Jedi/Mandalorian hybrid and wield the darksaber. 

don’t forget, Grogu is only going to be like 75ish by the time the Sequel Trilogy ends. 75 out of around a 900 year life. He is the future of the post ST Star Wars

They can’t kill Grogu. They will never have Kylo kill Grogu especially 

and honestly, if he dies, I’ll never watch another piece of Star Wars again. I recognize Star Wars is a dangerous galaxy and a lot could happen. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a storm trooper, or if he should hang himself in his razor crest, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room like Filoni and Favreau….and that I do not forgive.