Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 11/2/2017 at 9:54 AM, Mournblade said:

Avoiding this thread like the plague. Internetz will not ruin TLJ for me like it did TFA. I haven't seen the first teaser, I haven't

seen the second trailer, in the words of Manuel from Fawlty Towers: "I know nothing!"

Hardcore, baby, hardcore...

I guess I'm older than you, mine would've been Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes

Depending on how good The Last Jedi is, this could be crazy good news about Rian Johnson writing and directing a new trilogy.

At some point, however, Star Wars fatigue will inevitably to set in, even for a super-fan like me.

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

So, picking apart the trailers, my best guess is when Luke says "This is not going to go the way you think.", He's actually talking to Kylo Ren and not Rey. I'm also pretty sure that most of the other lines in the trailer all come from one conversation between Luke and Rey but they are split between the two trailers and all mixed up. Reordered, there's a potential Easter egg in there...

Luke Skywalker: Breathe. Just breathe. Now, reach out. What do you see?
Rey: Light. Darkness. A balance.
Luke Skywalker: Uh huh, yeah. So... How 'bout you take off that robe and let me motorboat those sweet little space titties?

That... that last line didn't make it into the trailers but it's the natural dialogue that would follow.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Depending on how good The Last Jedi is, this could be crazy good news about Rian Johnson writing and directing a new trilogy.

At some point, however, Star Wars fatigue will inevitably to set in, even for a super-fan like me.

I’m just enjoying it while it lasts because they are absolutely going to run it into the ground and ruin everything that makes this franchise special and exciting 

2 hours ago, codeorama said:

Just out of curiosity, what would ruin star wars for you, in terms of the movie, the Last Jedi, i.e. Luke becoming a Sith or Rey or what ever.  

Just curious.

Chewy not replacing that damn low profile radar dish on the Falcon with much cooler original dish. :) 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 11:09 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So, picking apart the trailers, my best guess is when Luke says "This is not going to go the way you think.", He's actually talking to Kylo Ren and not Rey. I'm also pretty sure that most of the other lines in the trailer all come from one conversation between Luke and Rey but they are split between the two trailers and all mixed up. Reordered, there's a potential Easter egg in there...

Luke Skywalker: Breathe. Just breathe. Now, reach out. What do you see?
Rey: Light. Darkness. A balance.
Luke Skywalker: Uh huh, yeah. So... How 'bout you take off that robe and let me motorboat those sweet little space titties?

That... that last line didn't make it into the trailers but it's the natural dialogue that would follow.

Mr. Franken I presume? Wow.

Not sure if this was posted in here yet?

Bought Battlefront II for the PC. First new game I got in years. It's fun. But I need a better option than the keyboard/trackball one. So, I ordered this bluetooth mini keyboard controller that should arrive soon.

Haven't gotten into the storyline much. Just the multiplayer battles. I'll be some average Trooper or Rebel trying to fight my way through somewhere and all the sudden a jerk who is buying upgrades will pass through as a Jedi and just destroy me like it was nothing.

Good Times.

I recently started reading Aftermath, the canon book trilogy that takes place immediately after ROTJ.  So far, the story is solid, but the writing style is terrible and distracting. 

Short sentences.  No more than five words.  Usually only three.  Very short. Super short. Choppy? Yes. Hard to concentrate? Yes. Hyphens? Oh—the hyphens. Never seen so many hyphens—in my entire life. His writing style? Hard to follow. So many short sentences. Likes these I am writing. This is how the whole book is. Many examples. The hyphens—did I mention all the hyphens?