Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

23 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

I'm reasonably confident in the Kasdan script. If they can find a half-way competent director (like Ron Howard) I think the movie will be fine. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm as big of a Kasdan fan as anyone.  However, there's too many cooks in the kitchen on this one.  Ron Howard is too safe to make it soar.

And Harrison Ford is Han Solo.  Nobody else can pull it off.  They need to move on to something else.  I don't need a stand alone Han movie.  A stand alone Boba Fett movie.  A stand alone Yoda movie.  They'll probably make a trilogy about the ****ing Jawas at some point.  

Kasdan also wrote The Force Awakens which was a big pile of ****.

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Me too....Han Solo is a selfish egotistical ahole that the Luke and Laura had to convince to do what was right. I don't want to see the space version of the "Other Guys".

oops, I told on myself.....I used to watch General Hospital too when Star Wars was out!

winter1984geary-pinup.jpg

This Luke had the golden afro!

This Luke had the force and was better

lukeesb1.jpg

Easy to confuse????

07e8958e9f139ff231807d5f9bfe4953.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

The more I hear, the more I realize Kathleen Kennedy is not much of an upgrade over George Lucas.

At least she didn't screw with the The Last Jedi. I think that might be the last good Star Wars movie. 

:) Exaggerate much?

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Obi Wan Kenobi getting his own movie!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/08/17/reports-lucasfilm-developing-standalone-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-movie/577488001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Redemption for Ewan Macgregor!

(So long as George Lucas has absolutely, positively, nothing to do with it)

Edited by Mournblade

The biggest opportunity would be a prequel Kenobi flick to fill in the holes and expand lore from Episode One and prequels. Place it before TPM, establish Plagueis, have more Darth Maul, and fix the midichlorians. However, that would rule out Ewan entirely.

Or it could be a pre-IV Obi Wan based around the eternal rumor of a Seven Samurai epic set in the Star Wars universe.

I want it to be between episode 3-4 and show him locating and opening the ark of the covenant causing him to age 20 additional years before shutting the lid really quickly 

but really unless this is going to somehow tie-in to Ray being a Kenobi which would be revealed in 8, it seems pretty pointless. 

Thats 0-2 on the spinoffs that I have any interest in 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man