Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Rey is the true balance to the force imo. She has crazy powers maybe even behond what's anakin did. They just weren't tapped or discovered until later 

i think the raw power Luke was referring to was Kylo Ren either as a child or when he massacred Luke's academy. probably just when he started training him and noticed it and wasn't immediately terrified of what he could become 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Kylo Ren really screwed up the reboot.  He's a lame, hipster Vader.  

Chad Vader was a better character.  

He's awesome. You be quiet you wet blanket 

------

Nobody named "Chad" is gonna be cooler than someone named Kylo Ren. I'm hoping that's a book reference cuz I don't know who that is 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

On second watch...they give too much away lol. 

Oh well. 

Interestingly, Kylo doesn't have the black scar thing on his face at the end when he offers his hand to Rey, tho he does still have a noticeable scar. 

That looked like two scenes cut together.  It's unclear who he's offering his hand to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

That looked like two scenes cut together.  It's unclear who he's offering his hand to.

I hope so. Because I wasn't happy they spoiled that, what looks to be him contemplating his imminent murder of Leia, Rey being electrocuted by Snoke or Finn being captured and thus losing his fight with phasma 

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm excited to see it.  I think this one will have the most potential of the 3.  

I agree there. Think it will be much darker in the way that ESB was to ANH 

----

also, Kylo is talking to someone about killing the past in order to move on. Sounds like he is talking to Rey. Could it be that Rey figures out what happened to her parents in this movie? I didn't think they would reveal it in this one actually 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

also, Kylo is talking to someone about killing the past in order to move on. Sounds like he is talking to Rey. Could it be that Rey figures out what happened to her parents in this movie? I didn't think they would reveal it in this one actually 

I think Kylo is talking about killing Leia.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think that's the intended implication from the trailer, but I know Rian Johnson is using deception to misdirect our perceptions. There's going to he some nice surprises come December. I'm all in 

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope so. Because I wasn't happy they spoiled that, what looks to be him contemplating his imminent murder of Leia, Rey being electrocuted by Snoke or Finn being captured and thus losing his fight with phasma 

I agree there. Think it will be much darker in the way that ESB was to ANH 

----

How about Kylo and Rey joining forces together at the end, and taking down the big baddie Snoke in the final installment? Maybe preposterous 

38 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

But he's already done that before with Han. It sounded like he was talking to someone else about his own experiences with it. This is what you have to do sort of thing 

30 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I think that's the intended implication from the trailer, but I know Rian Johnson is using deception to misdirect our perceptions. There's going to he some nice surprises come December. I'm all in 

How about Kylo and Rey joining forces together at the end, and taking down the big baddie Snoke in the final installment? Maybe preposterous 

I could potentially see that but they are going to have to really pump Snoke up in this movie to make him a viable threat against both Rey and Kylo. Also, they need a justifiable reason to turn Kylo in this one. 

I wonder If there is anything specific that he meant when he said he saw something in Kylo that was truly special. 

We know what Luke sees special in Rey...

Dat ass. (Just a little off. Eh he's an old man his eyes can't keep up) 

IMG_4901.PNG

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But he's already done that before with Han. It sounded like he was talking to someone else about his own experiences with it. This is what you have to do sort of thing 

I could potentially see that but they are going to have to really pump Snoke up in this movie to make him a viable threat against both Rey and Kylo. Also, they need a justifiable reason to turn Kylo in this one. 

I wonder If there is anything specific that he meant when he said he saw something in Kylo that was truly special. 

Well Snoke Seems to be directly responsible for manipulating Kylo into murdering his parents( obviously only one confirmed, though I don't think it bodes well for Leia, especially considering the tragic death of Carrie Fisher). And from what we've seen, it appears to be emotionally difficult for Kylo to sever and kill his family bonds. Kylo isn't the sociopathic evil archetype that most fictional bad guys would benefit from. He's clearly conflicted. Him turning against Snoke seems reasonable from the little we've seen 

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We know what Luke sees special in Rey...

Dat ass. (Just a little off. Eh he's an old man his eyes can't keep up) 

IMG_4901.PNG

Luke being Luke. He did make out with his sister a couple of times... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Rey is the true balance to the force imo. She has crazy powers maybe even behond what's anakin did. They just weren't tapped. 

That's actually a line of dialogue from the first scene of the new movie. Picks up right where the last one ended with Rey meeting Luke.

ext: Secluded Planet

Luke: You have crazy powers. They just weren't tapped. They're gonna need to be tapped.... by me... just like that ass.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Kylo isn't the sociopathic evil archetype that most fictional bad guys would benefit from. He's clearly conflicted. Him turning against Snoke seems reasonable from the little we've seen 

This is one reason why I like him so much. He's compelling because he is learning and isn't a finished product. He's headstrong in what he wants but layered with an undercurrent of hesitation or doubt. Conflicted. He shows arrogance while at the same time offering a stunning display of force talent for anyone much less someone his age yet he still shows frustration when he or someone else falls short of his intentions. 

He is a fantastic character 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Is Rey going to the Dark Side- Probably will have to wait for Episode 9??

I would love to see them switch. However, I think it would be extremely difficult for them to redeem kylo among fans after killing Han. 

And i don't think they would turn the strong and really popular female lead into the villain. 

But it would be awesome if they did. 

I still wonder if Kylo knows her. I do think he perked up quite a bit when he heard a girl helped Finn and BB8 escape Jakku

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Is Rey going to the Dark Side- Probably will have to wait for Episode 9??

Depends on your perspective of the "dark" side. Or the "light/good" side for that matter. I for one, would love a bit more ambiguity in contrast to the polarizing sides of good and evil, within the universe. I have a pretty good feeling that this trilogy is treating the mythology with a bit more finesse and ambivalence. the contrast isn't so obvious, thematically. 

• Like 1