Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

3 hours ago, Bang said:

I've been watching the Clone Wars cartoon on Netflix, and I must say i enjoy the living hell out of it. It's corny sometimes, it's made for kids, but it's also got some good animation and terrific action.

~Bang

Clone Wars "Cartoon"? The one done by Genndy Tartakovsky (of Samurai jack fame)? That show was spectacular. That little cartoon series does a better job of relating the prequel events than the entire Prequel Trilogy itself.

If you mean Clone Wars the CGI series (by Dave Filoni), that one really started to take off around season 4 (with the return of Darth Maul). Seasons 4, 5, and 6 are pretty brillant. You can skip seasons 1-3 though.  

Edited by Mournblade

58 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

Clone Wars "Cartoon"? The one done by Genndy Tartakovsky (of Samurai jack fame)? That show was spectacular. That little cartoon series does a better job of relating the prequel events than the entire Prequel Trilogy itself.

If you mean Clone Wars the CGI series (by Dave Filoni), that one really started to take off around season 4 (with the return of Darth Maul). Seasons 4, 5, and 6 are pretty brillant. You can skip seasons 1-3 though.  

Nah, i meant cartoon :)

it all means the same. 

I've got to hurry, Netflix is canning it Sep. 7

Mace Windu = BAD MFer

~Bang

Edited by Bang

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

I would like to see more original stories/characters from the spinoff movies.  I dont really have any need for a Han Solo movie, or Obi Wan movie, or any other backstory for an existing character.  Expand the universe a little with some new people.  

Agree with you about Han Solo, however Ewan McGregor, who is an excellent Obi Wan, was woefully misused by Lucas in his abhorrent

prequel series. It would be great to see what Ewan can do with the character in a movie with a competent director. 

• Like 1

I'm rewatching all Star Wars movies with my little brother since he has never seen them. We went machete order. On episode 6 now. 

Im sorry...anyone that didn't see the writing on the wall for the prequels with episode 6 is fooling themselves. 

The first 40 minutes of this movie are awful and damn near unwatchable. The sound is bad, it's almost impossible to hear what C3po says 90% of the time and the rest is awkward alien music from low rate muppets and Jabba speaking in a foreign tongue. The Bantha fight? Yikes. Good lord. I was embarrassed watching it with him. 

It picks up when Luke gets his light saber but then you get the comically stupid Boba Fett death.  

We havent even gotten to the care bears yet. 

Just saying. The prequels aren't the best but ROTJ is right there with them in a lot of ways imo. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Did you laugh when that one Ewok died?

We rewinded the scene so we could rejoice a second time. 

But yeah...that movie is just not good but saved by a wonderful ending with the Luke/Vader stuff. Even the end is marred by the Care Bears and their slingshots and rocks nonsense. 

That first 45 minutes is a complete train wreck.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, Keith Huddleston said:

If you mean Clone Wars the CGI series (by Dave Filoni), that one really started to take off around season 4 (with the return of Darth Maul).

I haven't seen it but I don't like the sound of this at all. Darth Maul is dead. I watched him get sliced in half AND fall 500 stories. You survive one or the other? Ok. But both?

On 8/18/2017 at 0:46 PM, Keith Huddleston said:

OK, I take it back. This ain't no kids cartoon. It's really ramped up nicely.
It might actually make those three awful movies worth watching again now that the backstory is filling in.

~Bang

• Like 1

JJ Abrams can eat a ****.  What a laughable, horrible choice.  **** you, Disney.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm fine with this, as long as he brings some originality to it this time.  I generally like his work. Trevorrow I wasnt really in love with.

What, The Force Awakens wasn't original enough for you?  :P

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm fine with this, as long as he brings some originality to it this time.  I generally like his work. Trevorrow I wasnt really in love with.

What, The Force Awakens wasn't original enough for you?  :P