Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

My main fears for this movie (from smallest to greatest):

1. Acting: Daisy Ridley and John Boyega did not convince me they were "big time" in the Force Awakens. John projected tremendous

energy in that film, but his skills needed polish. Daisy at times had "the deer in the headlights" look (eg when she was being pursued by Kylo

Ren through the forest). Both were pretty young for that movie, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Driver, Hamill and even doped up

Fisher I have full confidence in. 

2. Music: the main reason that Rogue One was only an above average movie for me was because the music just plain sucked. Instead of giving us a 

vigorous score during the space battle, Micheal Giacchino gave us a heavy dose of melodrama, which wan't appropriate at all. Lets face it: Star Wars is HEAVILY dependent on music. The scores for ANH, ESB and ROTJ are legendary. Does John Williams still have it in him? TFA had a great score, but Williams is 85 years old now. Cross my fingers on this one.

3. Disney Execs: this by far and away is my biggest fear. Did the suits tamper with Rian's original work? Were changes made to make the movie more "marketable"? My impression is that Kennedy and Co were happy with Rian's work as it was and left it alone, but you never know.

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

My main fears for this movie (from smallest to greatest):

1. Acting: Daisy Ridley and John Boyega did not convince me they were "big time" in the Force Awakens. John projected tremendous

energy in that film, but his skills needed polish. Daisy at times had "the deer in the headlights" look (eg when she was being pursued by Kylo

Ren through the forest). Both were pretty young for that movie, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Driver, Hamill and even doped up

Fisher I have full confidence in. 

2. Music: the main reason that Rogue One was only an above average movie for me was because the music just plain sucked. Instead of giving us a 

vigorous score during the space battle, Micheal Giacchino gave us a heavy dose of melodrama, which wan't appropriate at all. Lets face it: Star Wars is HEAVILY dependent on music. The scores for ANH, ESB and ROTJ are legendary. Does John Williams still have it in him? TFA had a great score, but Williams is 85 years old now. Cross my fingers on this one.

3. Disney Execs: this by far and away is my biggest fear. Did the suits tamper with Rian's original work? Were changes made to make the movie more "marketable"? My impression is that Kennedy and Co were happy with Rian's work as it was and left it alone, but you never know.

1. I couldn’t disagree more on this point. Daisy was amazing in TFA, she lit up the screen every scene she was in and dominated that movie. I have the utmost confidence in her and Driver. Boyega has great comedic timing in TFA as well and I thought did a good job. I’m still not sure what to make of his character overall tho but we will see where it goes. 

2. I agree here. I was disappointed that the haunting imperial march theme from the Rogue One trailer never made it into the movie that I can remember. I hope the the music from TLJ trailers makes it into the movie and delivers. Even some of the classic themes didn’t make it into TFA but it still created a new legacy with rey and kylos themes. It also had one of my favorite musical moments of the entire series when Rey takes the lightsaber from Kylo and we see her with it as the skywalker/force theme plays. So it is something I’m keeping an eye (ear?) on. 

3. This is always a concern but with the dark ending of Rogue One and the fact that they awarded Rian a new trilogy I’m going to optimistically think that means they thought he did well enough which would imply they didn’t need to reshoot a lot or change tone etc. sounds like they thought he hit a home run

• Like 1

One week to go (for me). 

Here's my agenda on Thursday December 14. I'm flying from my home in Phoenixville PA to Gainesville FL to visit my folks. So I

fly from Philly at 8AM, get to Miami at 11AM, then fly from Miami and get to Gainesville at 5PM. Then I have to get to the theatre immediately

to pick up my tickets, then wait in line (because you can't reserve your seat online for the damn Gainesville Theatre; its first come first

serve, so I have to get in line early). Then I see the movie at 7:30PM. 

That's a triple shot expresso day, easy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought Rogue One was awesome start to finish, with the final 30 minutes being pretty brilliant and exciting 

but it I loved TFA and everybody here hates that so what do I know. 

I feel the same way. I loved Rogue One, start to finish. I believe only like one or two people really dislike TFA here...and one of them thinks the prequels are good, so...

• Like 1

Seeing it Thurs.  The only reason I haven't gone crazy with anticipation is because I have final exams tommorrow so that is taking up all my free time and energy.  

Weds and Thurs morning, on the other hand, is going to be long and brutal to get through cause then I won't have anything to take my mind off the wait LOL.  

Edited by Bishop Hammer

6 hours ago, Bishop Hammer said:

Seeing it Thurs.  The only reason I haven't gone crazy with anticipation is because I have final exams tommorrow so that is taking up all my free time and energy.  

Where are your priorities?! When I was your age, the only new Star Wars movie we had to look forward to was the Phantom Menace!