Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The tone of Rogue One is what I was hoping for from The Force Awakens.  Really excited to check it out.

That's what I'm looking forward to.  The days when the Empire was invincible.  When stormtroopers were actually scary.  When Darth Vader was the baddest mofo in the galaxy. 

(And I like the way they've worked some of the classic musical themes into the trailers, too.  Hopefully we get some of the original music back.) 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Larry said:

That's what I'm looking forward to.  The days when the Empire was invincible.  When stormtroopers were actually scary.  When Darth Vader was the baddest mofo in the galaxy. 

(And I like the way they've worked some of the classic musical themes into the trailers, too.  Hopefully we get some of the original music back.) 

Yes! The one clip where the Death Star eclipses the sun is intense. Great trailer.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question..in Ep V - the following takes place:

Yoda: Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.

Obi-Wan: "That boy is our last hope."
Yoda: "No...there is another..."

If OB1 and Senator Organa were the ones to place Luke and Leia on separate planets (as seen in Ep III), how did OB1 not know this? Or was he being his usual dick self (still being a dick as a force ghost)?

Just curious if this was something that wasn't fleshed out during Ep V or if the "another" was still something unanswered. And I know Yoda tells Luke the "another" person is his sister in Ep VI, but that doesn't mean it was. Or is. 

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Quick question..in Ep V - the following takes place:

If OB1 and Senator Organa were the ones to place Luke and Leia on separate planets (as seen in Ep III), how did OB1 not know this? Or was he being his usual dick self (still being a dick as a force ghost)?

They hadn't written episode 3 yet so, they just fit it as best they could when they did.  Don't try to read too much into it that isn't there.

9 minutes ago, China said:

They hadn't written episode 3 yet so, they just fit it as best they could when they did.  Don't try to read too much into it that isn't there.

I figured as much..I was just hoping for out for some of the Rebels characters...also any chance Kanan Jarrus shows up in Rogue One? I know one of the Clone Wars characters (Saw Gerrera)  is cast for it..so I was kind of hoping a Rebels character shows up too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Ok..saw this as "breaking" spoilers...so only read if you want to read about the identity of Snoke...and of course it's all speculative. :D

Spoiler

alllegedly leaked script is giving off a ESB type of twist where Snoke kidnaps Rey, Luke tracks them down, confronts Snoke..and Snoke reveals he's Anakin's dad... thus Luke's granddad. And yes, I know the whole virgin birth thing from the prequel trilogy that Shmi told Anakin.  

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 3 months later...

So... This popped into my mind last night, where is Obi Wan through out these new movies? Heck, where are Anakin and Yoda? They are force ghosts so shouldnt they still be around?

Slightly related, how did Anakin know how to "become" a force ghost as both Yoda and Obi Wan specifically trained on how to do it, something Anakin didnt know how to do.

59 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

So... This popped into my mind last night, where is Obi Wan through out these new movies? Heck, where are Anakin and Yoda? They are force ghosts so shouldnt they still be around?

Slightly related, how did Anakin know how to "become" a force ghost as both Yoda and Obi Wan specifically trained on how to do it, something Anakin didnt know how to do.

They are in hiding. 

Show me when Yoda trained to become a ghost. 

16 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

They are in hiding. 

Show me when Yoda trained to become a ghost. 

End of Revenge of the Sith he tells Obi Wan that while he is on Tatooine he has training for him to do with Qui Gon. Other parts of official Star Wars cannon outline that Qui Gon showed Yoda how to train to be able to become one with the force and thus a force ghost. Qui Gon cannot be seen because his training was incomplete when he died, but he could speak.

Yoda trains to be able to become a force ghost as does Obi Wan, Anakin did not. But of course this was not established as cannon until well after Return of the Jedi.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

It would be repetitive to show all of them getting that training. You have to remember Anakin was just a young man when he turned...and took on a new master. 

Even still, it could easily be dismissed as something so common in Jedi training, that it is pointless to show. 

If it was common in Jedi training then we would see thousands of force ghosts. Yoda is surprised when he hears from Qui Gon, so its not a normal thing and Qui Gon is considered the first to have gone through this training and he then instructs Yoda. If Yoda was surprised and couldnt believe he was talking with Qui Gon and then was telling Obi Wan that he wanted him to train on how to do this, it wasnt something that Jedi did or knew about.

Anakin would never have had the opportunity to train how to do that because Obi Wan didnt even know it was possible until after Anakin had turned to the dark side. Yoda only learned of this right before Anakin turned to the dark side.

Edited by MisterPinstripe