Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Maybe older future Luke will show up and reset the timeline.

Nah. That's silly. Who would ever do that to a franchise?

I'm still wondering why Yoda didn't have kids (or maybe he does). Got to have the big questions answered first.  And what type of organism is Yoda?  Where did he go to school?

Latino review had some possible spoilers from EP 8... read at your own risk:

They claim that instead of Luke telling Rey "I am your father" he will say "you are my father". The leak claims that Luke left to find the first temple to find info on "The Chosen One" and he finds out that there has been multiple reincarnations of the Chosen One and he believes Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Latino Review has a pretty good track record for spoilers, but I'm not sure I'm buying this one.

Latino review had some possible spoilers from EP 8... read at your own risk:

They claim that instead of Luke telling Rey "I am your father" he will say "you are my father". The leak claims that Luke left to find the first temple to find info on "The Chosen One" and he finds out that there has been multiple reincarnations of the Chosen One and he believes Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Latino Review has a pretty good track record for spoilers, but I'm not sure I'm buying this one.

That's dumb. Really.

• 4 weeks later...

Fall of the Resistance???

I saw that earlier too. Think it was Movie Pilot that has it & their reasoning on it made sense. Basically it was again the middle of a story where it gets darker so the good guys can overcome in the third act. Just like Empire-Jedi.

The new Bloodline book is out too. Sneaked a few page read of it but put it down because I've got to finish up the Legacy of the Force 9 book epic.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of media outlets are reporting that Rogue One is in trouble, that it didn't screen well and Disney is forcing the director to reshoot (which is normal) and change things up.

I have a bad feeling that the movie WAS going to be completely badass, but it didn't fit Disney's "Formula".  Wow...

Oh dang, hope that's not too bad of a sign.

I know some won't agree, but I thing long term, Disney is going to run SW into the ground.  They have their formula that they will stick to to make everything safe. Personally, I hate that.  From the leaks regarding Rogue ONE, it sounded completely Dark and BadAss, and I can see why Disney would be scared.  Screw them.

Look at the Marvel movies.  They were cool at first but ultimately, they are predictable and as each one has been released, I've liked them less and less.

• Like 1

Hmmm...

Not really much out on this one yet, but the vibe I get is that its maybe a little bit "prequelly," for lack of a better phrase. By that I mean that we know how the story will ultimately end, so perhaps the directors and writers have gone a little too far into the whole idea of making sure that our familiar characters will all have a role.  The thinking being "hell, he was around during this time period so he must have had something to do with all this.  Where do you want to jam him in?"

Looks like we'll be seeing Han Solo (told you he wasn't really dead, hah), Darth Vader, the Grand Muff, and maybe even Uncle Owen!!  If this one really gets into the prequel zone, you can also expect to see Yoda, Chewy and other important characters from Episodes IV-VI who will have more or less no real purpose in the movie. Loved how Chewy was featured in ROTS, but then he also coincidentally happened to be Han's first mate in Episode IV.  And no one made the connection (like hey, aren't you the same Wookie that helped lead that critical battle on the Wookie home planet? You were great buddies with Yoda too right? Fallen on hard times eh? At least you're working though.).  Perhaps the best argument is that it was fate.  But either way the odds were pretty slim.

• Like 2

From the leaks regarding Rogue ONE, it sounded completely Dark and BadAss, and I can see why Disney would be scared.  Screw them.

I read the same thing about TFA's sequel, I believe it was Boyega that said it was going to be really dark.  

And as you said, leave it to Disney to be shivering in their Tinker Bell boots about the idea of RO being too dark.  Live a little, for heaven's sake.  So what it has your name on it, r-e-l-a-x.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hmmm...

Not really much out on this one yet, but the vibe I get is that its maybe a little bit "prequelly," for lack of a better phrase. By that I mean that we know how the story will ultimately end, so perhaps the directors and writers have gone a little too far into the whole idea of making sure that our familiar characters will all have a role.  The thinking being "hell, he was around during this time period so he must have had something to do with all this.  Where do you want to jam him in?"

Looks like we'll be seeing Han Solo (told you he wasn't really dead, hah), Darth Vader, the Grand Muff, and maybe even Uncle Owen!!  If this one really gets into the prequel zone, you can also expect to see Yoda, Chewy and other important characters from Episodes IV-VI who will have more or less no real purpose in the movie. Loved how Chewy was featured in ROTS, but then he also coincidentally happened to be Han's first mate in Episode IV.  And no one made the connection (like hey, aren't you the same Wookie that helped lead that critical battle on the Wookie home planet? You were great buddies with Yoda too right? Fallen on hard times eh? At least you're working though.).  Perhaps the best argument is that it was fate.  But either way the odds were pretty slim.

Yeah, but you know, that's annoying in the sense of with the prequels or Rogue One, yes, we know how the story ends.  But why does that have to ruin it?  I like the details.  I like knowing how they got there.  I realize many don't.  

I don't think the Han Solo movie is a good idea because Harrison Ford IS Han Solo and I don't see how you can fix that. But Rogue One sounded amazing from the leaks.  Vader beheading people like crazy, ultra violence... That's what I want.

I read the same thing about TFA's sequel, I believe it was Boyega that said it was going to be really dark.  

And as you said, leave it to Disney to be shivering in their Tinker Bell boots about the idea of RO being too dark.  Live a little, for heaven's sake.  So what it has your name on it, r-e-l-a-x.   :rolleyes:

Exactly.  I didn't hate TFA, but I was disappointed. I have strong hopes that EPVIII is going to be amazing. I trust the director more than Abrams (whom I'm a big fan of, but he just played it too safe IMO).  The leaks from EPVIII sound incredible as well.  I'm just not a Disney fan overall.

• Like 1

I'm hearing that the reason for the re shoots is to make it more fun.

If that is the case, I'm going to be pissed. Why does everything has to be so lighthearted today?

This is exactly my point.

Disney is going to make Star Wars the movie versions of Nickelback.  

• Like 1

Lots of media outlets are reporting that Rogue One is in trouble, that it didn't screen well and Disney is forcing the director to reshoot (which is normal) and change things up.

I have a bad feeling that the movie WAS going to be completely badass, but it didn't fit Disney's "Formula".  Wow...

You're reading an awful lot into the reasoning for the reshoots.  Maybe the rumor mill is right, maybe it isn't.  There are plenty of reasons they could have ordered reshoots that aren't "This is too badass for our preferred demographic.  Let's make it more lighthearted and fun!"  Bad acting in certain scenes.  Plot holes.  A bunch of unnecessary fat on the story.  Fight choreography that needs improvement.  etc. etc. etc.  Sometimes you write things that look great on paper, but just don't translate well on screen.

Remember all those times SW fans groused about how Lucas needed someone whispering in his ear to reel it back in, but he simply wielded too much power?  This could be resulting in a movie that you personally like better.  But only the few people who ever get to see both cuts will really know for sure.

For now, I'd say just chill out and don't jump to conclusions.  If the movie comes out and it's a piece of ****, that still doesn't necessarily mean these reshoots are the reason WHY it's a piece of ****.  

Gareth Edwards doesn't get my implicit trust.  It's well within the realm of possibility that he actually did eff this up.

Edited by Bliz
  • Like 1

I'm hearing that the reason for the re shoots is to make it more fun.

If that is the case, I'm going to be pissed. Why does everything has to be so lighthearted today?

Light-hearted? Since those overrated Dark Knight snoozefests and mega-lame Man of Steel flicks, dark has gotten way overdone. I mean, James Bond is gawd-awful now. I saw AT-ATs on the beach with palm trees in the trailer...I like that. Let's spend a little more time on the Hawaii planet and get some sexy-alien hula dancing going on! Edited by TryTheBeal!