Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

"He's dead get over it." Isn't that what c3po said to Han about Luke on Hoth? I bet he takes one of those uncredited roles like Daniel Craig. Maybe just have him as a storm trooper that gets killed right at the beginning of Episode VIII. Like he switched to the empire because of Kylo. But have him take off his mask as he's dying so we know it's him.

Ok now you are just trolling, no one can be this thick.

I'll break it down a little more in case you really are this slow...

Harrison Ford, the actor who plays Han Solo (because you know he isn't real), has said point blankly he is done playing Han Solo. He wanted Han Solo to die in the first trilogy. If they put him in an uncredited storm trooper suit that doesn't mean Han Solo is back. Han Solo is dead.

Now if you got a hard on for a fictional Harrison Ford character may I suggest the new Indiana Jones movie that will be getting made.

Ok now you are just trolling, no one can be this thick.

I'll break it down a little more in case you really are this slow...

Harrison Ford, the actor who plays Han Solo (because you know he isn't real), has said point blankly he is done playing Han Solo. He wanted Han Solo to die in the first trilogy. If they put him in an uncredited storm trooper suit that doesn't mean Han Solo is back. Han Solo is dead.

Link? If the emperor survived getting thrown down the pit by vader, why not Han? A different actor could play him, maybe a younger version though.

Link? If the emperor survived getting thrown down the pit by vader, why not Han? A different actor could play him, maybe a younger version though.

I'm not doing the work for you. It's not like some hidden nugget. Get off your lazy ass and find it yourself.

They are already doing a Han Solo movie from when he was younger. You can get your Han Solo fixat ion satiated with that one. But it won't be Harrison Ford.

And even if the emperor surrived...which not sure why you are claiming he did since that death star blew up, Han Solo was not a Sith. The Emporer was. It really isn't hard to understand.

I think it's time for you to give this up. You are out of your league here..

Edited by Xameil

Does that mean Bugs would be a Jedi?

Yes:

looneytunes.jpg

I believe that's from Looney Toons: Back in Action, where he fights Marvin the Martian.

EDIT: As for Han theories, Star Wars, like many properties, runs on the Rule of Cool, that is, if it's cool, and you can get away with it not totally killing suspension of disbelief, go for it.  By that, Han could totally still be alive.  He *should* be dead, but I'm also not a power-drunk writer seeking to immortalize myself in a cinema pantheon.

Not to mention, distances in Star Wars seem to be much less than they should be/appear.  Between Luke falling in Episode V and being able to see planets entire star systems away getting blown up like they were as close as the moon in VII, who knows, that chasm could have been the equivalent of a ten foot drop for Han ultimately.

Edited by DogofWar1

EDIT: As for Han theories, Star Wars, like many properties, runs on the Rule of Cool, that is, if it's cool, and you can get away with it not totally killing suspension of disbelief, go for it. By that, Han could totally still be alive. He *should* be dead, but I'm also not a power-drunk writer seeking to immortalize myself in a cinema pantheon.

Not to mention, distances in Star Wars seem to be much less than they should be/appear. Between Luke falling in Episode V and being able to see planets entire star systems away getting blown up like they were as close as the moon in VII, who knows, that chasm could have been the equivalent of a ten foot drop for Han ultimately.

You are forgetting 2 major points tho.

1st point is Sci-Fi movies that have a HUGE cult following don't buy the anything is possible if it is cool. They want you to follow what the story is.

2nd point, and this one is probably the biggest...Harrison Ford has already expressed an interest on Han dying. I highly doubt he'd be interested in bringing back Han Solo because it would be extremely hokie.

I'm not doing the work for you. It's not like some hidden nugget. Get off your lazy ass and find it yourself.

They are already doing a Han Solo movie from when he was younger. You can get your Han Solo fixat ion satiated with that one. But it won't be Harrison Ford.

And even if the emperor surrived...which not sure why you are claiming he did since that death star blew up, Han Solo was not a Sith. The Emporer was. It really isn't hard to understand.

I think it's time for you to give this up. You are out of your league here..

I'm sorry if I have offended you with my theories and ideas.  It was not my intention. I, like most here, only want the book closed on this issue. 

I'm sorry if I have offended you with my theories and ideas. It was not my intention. I, like most here, only want the book closed on this issue.

Not offending but your obviously trolling.

If you truly have interest in reading Harrison Fords view of Han Solo, google is your friend

You are forgetting 2 major points tho.

1st point is Sci-Fi movies that have a HUGE cult following don't buy the anything is possible if it is cool. They want you to follow what the story is.

2nd point, and this one is probably the biggest...Harrison Ford has already expressed an interest on Han dying. I highly doubt he'd be interested in bringing back Han Solo because it would be extremely hokie.

To the first point, Star Wars fans have held out hope for Boba Fett swinging back into action since Episode 6, 30+ years ago.  Boba Fett was all about cool.  I think most fans would be okay with Han showing up one more time.  Imagine if during the climax of VIII or IX, Slave I just shows up with Boba and Han to save the day.

I'm pretty sure most fans would cease to care about the story, at least long enough to change their pants.

And yeah, I mean, Han *should* be dead.  All indications are he's dead.  But again, shove $30M into Ford's face and then have a writer just crazy enough to do it, and who knows.  So yeah, Han should be out of the picture.  I'd prefer it that way.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he popped up somewhere in episode VIII or IX.

To the first point, Star Wars fans have held out hope for Boba Fett swinging back into action since Episode 6, 30+ years ago.  Boba Fett was all about cool.  I think most fans would be okay with Han showing up one more time.  Imagine if during the climax of VIII or IX, Slave I just shows up with Boba and Han to save the day.

I'm pretty sure most fans would cease to care about the story, at least long enough to change their pants.

And yeah, I mean, Han *should* be dead.  All indications are he's dead.  But again, shove $30M into Ford's face and then have a writer just crazy enough to do it, and who knows.  So yeah, Han should be out of the picture.  I'd prefer it that way.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he popped up somewhere in episode VIII or IX.

Only way Han should come back is if back in the day when he was in cryofreeze Jabba took some DNA and made a bunch of clones, but that Han would be 30 years younger than Harrison Ford.

What I've never really understood is why Ford seemingly hates Han Solo, but loves Indiana Jones?

Is it just because Indi is a main character and Han is a second banana?

I never heard that he hates Han. He just felt that Han should have made the ultimate sacrifice for the other characters. He also didn't like the "teddy bear finale" to ROTJ.

I don't think he's coming back, so spare me the "Harrison doesn't want to return" response. But in terms of whether it's plausible for the character to come back within the perameters of what happened in the story, given the whole "Darth Plagueis bringing people back to life" possible angle (which is perhaps what Kylo Ren was referring to when he spoke of "finishing what Vader started"), it's possible that Han will literally be brought back to life. Not likely, but who knows.

I don't think he's coming back, so spare me the "Harrison doesn't want to return" response. But in terms of whether it's plausible for the character to come back within the perameters of what happened in the story, given the whole "Darth Plagueis bringing people back to life" possible angle (which is perhaps what Kylo Ren was referring to when he spoke of "finishing what Vader started"), it's possible that Han will literally be brought back to life. Not likely, but who knows.

The only real, tangible problem with that? It's Prequel-level terrible as far as plot is concerned.

The only real, tangible problem with that? It's Prequel-level terrible as far as plot is concerned.

Oh come on man. You know it was so ****ing awesome when you saw Boba Fett as a 9 year old and found out that all of the storm troopers were also Boba Fetts. Just like George Lucas had always envisioned it all those years ago. Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1