Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia Fecals' Mychal Kendricks: "The Redskins got something coming to them. For real. That's real ****."

Boss_Hogg

He's not the only one talking BS.

The junkies had Howard Eskin on this morning and basically let him demean the Redskins several times without once rebutting anything he said.  I get he's a Philly homer and has his schtick and I understand they aren't Redskin fans per se, but to let him sit there and put the Eagles on a pedestal and crap on the Redskins was downright shameful.  They basically got punked on their own show.

Please for the love of all thats right in this world, kick their ass on Saturday night.

To be fair, the Eagles are a dynastic team. They are a team with so many championships that no one can count them. It's only fair that a team that is used to winning like that gets a little puffed up! Philadelphia is the Dream Team. Mike Vick...errr... Foles... Sam Bradford have barely can make a fist they got so many rings.

Yeah, I'm sure Trent or Scherff for example, won't be looking to maul him in the run game.

I think they'll be looking to maul EVERYONE in the run and pass games. This is a big deal and I think we're past the point of coming out flat in the big games. Look for a really fired up Skins team.

Shouldn't they play angry every week?

I'd assume so.  But some players admit they don't always play with the same intensity and their best games especially for the players that play in the trenches are sometimes when they play with extra emotion. 

I am not just saying it because the Redskins lost but the Cowboys defense seemed to play angry during the Monday night game.  I read that Jay tried to motivate the Redskins before the Giants game by reminding them that the Giants played them with more intensity in previous games.  I don't personally think its the be all and end all.  But when it comes to the trenches where part of the drill is to overpower the guy in front of you, emotion I'd presume could be your friend.  Riggins talked about it the other day, saying he doesn't put much stock in bulletin board material in terms of it adding up to extra emotion when it came to skill positions (and he thought it could actually hurt if they got too hyped) but thought it can give a boost to the O line/D line. 

Having said that by the Eagles publicly telegraphing how angry they are going to be in advance -- I think kills the whole point.   I'd think their best hope on this issue is that they play with intensity and the Redskins are relatively flat and surprised by the Eagles zest.   But giving the Redskins this in advance, I think provides the Skins with some fuel.  Not that I think any of it though determines the game.  But heck every little thing counts.  

From the Eagles fan blog... http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/12/22/10624842/nfc-east-week-15-recap-washington-redskins-philadelphia-eagles-new-york-giants-cowboys

This week: Host the Redskins, a loss eliminates them from the playoffs, a win puts them on a path to get immediately eliminated in the playoffs. Depending on your schedule the next few weeks you might just want it to be over with on Saturday.

From the Eagles fan blog... http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/12/22/10624842/nfc-east-week-15-recap-washington-redskins-philadelphia-eagles-new-york-giants-cowboys

This week: Host the Redskins, a loss eliminates them from the playoffs, a win puts them on a path to get immediately eliminated in the playoffs. Depending on your schedule the next few weeks you might just want it to be over with on Saturday.

Pointing out that the "they" they're referring to, is the Eagles.

Did we? When? We lost that game because of a ten point swing on special teams. 

We had a couple of calls/ejections not go our way.  Basically every 50/50 call went their way.  And Cousins is soooo much better than he was in this game, as is the rest of the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTdV7TRwdA

Also, this was the game where the seam route was highlighted as a feature by our defense.  It was the rest of the season after this, as well.

We had a couple of calls/ejections not go our way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyTdV7TRwdA

Also, this was the game where the seam route was highlighted as a feature by our defense.  It was the rest of the season after this, as well.

I was at the game, there was an ejection from both sides in the fight, can't remember any bad calls against us though.

He should be pissed...he tackled like he didn't have arms in the Cardinals game. 

Smartass comment forthcoming:  Any close loss (for any fan) =  bad refereeing 

:)

Kai lost us that game, if he could kick through the endzone and make a 30 yarder we would have been fine. Cousins played well but did throw an important pick second half and couldn't get us in FG range at the end mind. Progression since though.

Archived