Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia Fecals' Mychal Kendricks: "The Redskins got something coming to them. For real. That's real ****."

Boss_Hogg

Short memory.  The league announced the day after that Baker's hit on Foles was clean and did not warrant the flag, never mind the ejection.  That, by definition, is a ****ty call against us.  Baker hit him from the front, squared up his right chest/shoulder.  Not his fault Foles wasn't looking.

Absolutely one of the best and cleanest blocks I've ever seen...Jesus I was so pissed about that...

/Foles has never been the same

15126371178_e347552b71_o.gif

Rule #1 - Keep your head on a swivel when on the field

15126409397_7fbe69b21e_o.gif

Hey put that vid of Baker hitting Foles next to Browner hitting Long, and send it to the Rule committee!

I wouldn't be shocked to see at least one of two best shots early on in this game.  I'll say this, either Philly expects to win (which automatically equals a lose for the Eagles) or they're going to go blitz happy like Dallas did.

Well, they can blitz happy all they want. But there's a difference between:

A - Blitzing and pressuring the QB.

B - Blitzing and failing at it.

First is going all-in and winning in Las Vegas, second is getting caught with your pants down wearing high socks and flowers on your underpants on Broadway.

Actually, Cousins has done fairly well against blitzes.

Although, I note that he's been getting sacked more than he used to.  That used to be what he was perfect at, was dink and dunk and get rid of the ball. 

Still, if Philly stacks the box, and blitzes, then some of those three-step, five-yard passes might get 80 yards of YAC. 

Although, I note that he's been getting sacked more than he used to.  That used to be what he was perfect at, was dink and dunk and get rid of the ball. 

Still, if Philly stacks the box, and blitzes, then some of those three-step, five-yard passes might get 80 yards of YAC. 

He has taken a few more sacks lately than we are accustomed to seeing from Cousins, but that really doesn't seem to be from blitzes. It seems to be more from him holding the ball a little too long a few times.

It seems like with Cousins improving and the game seemingly slowing down for him (and the return of a fully healthy DeSean Jackson), the Redskins are expanding the playbook, and pushing the ball down field a little more.

Which is great, but it might cause some "hiccups" with Cousins as he expands his game. Though, I don't think he had to much trouble with sacks/pressure against the Bills.

We had just tied the game... we nearly had a pick.  You throw out the only player getting interior penetration because of a bad call.  The Eagles get the penalty yards if memory serves.  Then you get the 50/50 call that Maclin gets the catch on 3rd and long.  If they don't give him that catch, there wasn't enough evidence either way to show that it was a catch or an incomplete pass, they have to punt the ball back to us with the game tied.

Instead we are playing catch-up the rest of the game.

EDIT:  And I never said that's why we lost, I'm saying it directly contributed to it... which... it directly contributed to it.

That was also the game that we had the ball deep in their territory and Cousins gets the snap, the refs blow the whistle, and Fletcher Cox goes full on into Cousins and they don't even throw a flag. Then we miss the fg after that I think when we should have had 1st down.

It's exactly how the Cowboys stopped our offense.

I really think the absence of the study materials hurt them both that game.  The first half was very rough, both teams adapted a little at the half and so looked a little better briefly but then that fell out

It's exactly how the Cowboys stopped our offense.

The unfortunate part was that Kirk made the right call on several blitzes in that game, finding his one on one receiver and giving them a shot downfield. I specifically remember the early one to DJax in the endzone and later one to Pierre that I think was around midfield. Both were just a foot or two out of the receiver's grasp. I can't fault Kirk for making a good decision and just barely missing when putting it out there under immediate pressure. Hell, oftentimes you'll even draw a PI on those kinds of plays. 

I think Kirk will do just fine. He's been good against the blitz, especially when the O-line/RB's can even half-competently do their jobs and give him an extra split second. 

The thing that scares me about this game? Our first game against Dallas. We dropped the ball in a big way in that one. No excuse to lose at home to a Tony Romo-less Cowboys team. Their defense is damn good, far better than Philly's. But still, as a Redskins fan there is no way you can not be nervous about us dropping a game we need to win against an opponent I truly feel we are better than. All bets are off in a division game and it's so frickin hard to sweep division opponents no matter who you are. 

Dallas has a healthy and good D-line so they are able to and should have been blitzing more this season. Philly's d-line is not as good and their db's have issues tackling.  If they want to blitz heavy we should just flip the ball over their line to Matt Jones/CT/Pierre Thomas and let them chase after them.

I'm actually worried about their special teams unit that helped them win against the Patriots and Bills.  Their special teams may help them get good field position and those explosive ST plays always hype the crowd up.

Listen. There are only two outcome to this game, a division crown or a Loss. I'm not biting on a loss until I'm angry it happened. Until then **** the Eagles and their players. This is our game to win. Everyone is crying about our road record and about how we have been burned in the past and how we should be cautious. I'm a redskin fan, my job is to believe and cheer for our guys. Im going to enjoy my Christmas and I can't wait for Saturday. If we lose I will eat a plate full of crow but if we winnnnmnn......it will be that much sweeter. Hail to the Redskins! I hope we destroy philly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1WJqKWqUHQ

Absolutely one of the best and cleanest blocks I've ever seen...Jesus I was so pissed about that...

/Foles has never been the same

Rule #1 - Keep your head on a swivel when on the field

I personally think that block is bush league and dirty and had no problem with him being thrown out. By the letter it may have been "legal" but it was a cheap shot and I want our players to be above that.

That's not football to me and I would love to see them remove those blindside blocks like that from the game.

Archived