Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bills Prediction Thread: SB XXVI Rematch

skins island connection

Came here for this. I like Gouveia to get a pick-6.

Our Kurt Gouveia this year is either Mason Foster or Will Compton. Preferably Will Compton to me.

Thanks! That's what I expected, but I have to wonder if that's just "how it's always been done" or if it's truly the right way to go. Obviously the Bills game isn't meaningless at all, but a W in the Eagle game (on a short week, mind you) is significantly more important. 

That's always how it's done. You need Wins to keep guys focus and maintain a good vibe going through training sessions. Bills game is important in keeping W culture, beating the odds, and offer a decent game for the last time this year for the fans. Last Home game, just like First home game of the season are importants.

lol yeah but it can't keep being like that...just statistically speaking...once it clicks we are going to be dangerous!!! Hopefully it clicks this Sunday!! What a fun season we are having...very proud of our team!!

We've kept on breaking trends this year. Coming out flat on 3rd Q, Losing on the road, KO TD, Come back victory, 4th Q wins...

Sure, we ain't pretty, but we're going a long way not so many acknowledge around here. We're keeping on breaking the trends.

Most probably, Dallas was a "wake up call".

That's always how it's done. You need Wins to keep guys focus and maintain a good vibe going through training sessions. Bills game is important in keeping W culture, beating the odds, and offer a decent game for the last time this year for the fans. Last Home game, just like First home game of the season are importants.

Over the week, I've come to realize that I was being pretty dim-witted about things. Certainly the Eagle game is much more important but the Bills game is pretty critical too. Winning this game (especially if Philly and New York lose this weekend) provides us with a mulligan opportunity in week 17 if we lose to Philly. 

Beating the Bills (coupled with a Philly loss) puts us up one game meaning that, at worst, we'd be tied after Philly (but behind on tie-breakers). That still gives us a shot to beat Dallas and root for NY to pull back ahead of Philly in week 17. 

Yup. Also, if we beat the Bills, and the Eagles lay an egg against the Cards and get themselves a 50 burger, or something...

That could have some ripple effect come our game. They'll be wondering if they're legit or not. While we would be coming tough after beating the odds again and winning two in a row.

Come the Eagles game, score quickly, keep them down with tough close defense and game will be over by half time as the guys will know their season is over.

Just a possibility though. Never underestimate the pyschological aspect of this game.

Hopefully the team isn't full of themselves after winning one game -- indications according to Keim is that some players got a bit giddy after The Saints win, saying that some players privately admitted to him they were overconfident after the Saints win and I recall the pregame boasting coming out of Jean-Francois before the Dallas game promising that the team will be "magical" in that game.  

If they can stay motivated and play with an edge, I like them against Buffalo. 24-17.    But some history on the other side of this -- 0-6 against Buffalo since the Superbowl win and their tendency to fall flat after a victory.

I've been enjoying the season and I am generally upbeat.  One of my few remaining pet peeves is some teammates getting ahead of themselves.  I trust Keim as a source so if he says they did it, I'll buy it, plus Jean-Francois made his proclamation publicly and even talked about them being able to win some games in the playoffs.  Guys lets get to the playoffs first before worrying about what happens if you get there. :)  

I think they have no choice but to play with an edge against Philly, its a must win game.  I do worry about them a little in non must win games like this one.   But I'll stay positive and say this game breaks that trend.

I feel like the Skins will surprise a little this week....

Looking forward to being entertained and that comes with a 3rd Quarter survival mode.  4th Quarter will be a few soft points.

Seeing a strong 14-17 point lead going into the half and another 10-14 in the second. 

Defense will be the key and I am looking at about 10 trash time points from the Bills and TT. 

Redskins 27

Bills 19

ALL 3 NFC East rivals lose. 

This is the first week I really have no confidence. Seems like the perfect game for us to lose. Everyone else will probably lose (probably not, one of those clowns will win a game they shouldn't) and we won't take advantage.

I feel good about this game...we are at home and this is our last chance to step up and smack some teams in the face..which we can do...I bet we will knock Tyrod out of the game and burn rambo for two early tds...we will end the season with a four game win streak and a first round home playoff game against the Shehawks..which we will win...Redskins 27 Bills 17...we are turning more corners this year than Lombard Street...on the way to the Lombardi Trophy!!!

lombard-st.jpg

Let's hope that Barry has a spy who is agile enough to keep Tyrod in check. I could stand giving up a little yardage to him, but if he goes crazy in running then i'll pull my hair out.

But, with the cowboys officially OUT, it is a great sunday, am I right? A slight sense of urgency has crept into my head, the cards are slowly falling into place. Its time for this team to 'catch fire', build momentum for the paloffs.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If we lose today but win against the Eagles and Dallas then we are in the playoffs provided Giants don't go 3-0 down the stretch.

If we win today but lose next week to the Eagles we are in trouble big time.

Tough for me to really worry either way about this game.

Archived