Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bills Prediction Thread: SB XXVI Rematch

skins island connection

When: Sunday December 20th 1:00p.m. [noon CST]

Where: FedEx Field

Sunday the Redskins welcome in the Buffalo Bills in their continuing quest for the NFC East division title.

Although neither team is anywhere remotely close to being in SB XXVI caliber, its December, its a meaningful game for the Redskins, and the Bills are on life support in their post-season hopes.

The Bills suffered a tough loss on sunday to an inspired Eagles squad, in a penalty-filled game which keeps the Eagles hovering right below the Redskins, who coincidentally will face off against them next week. Rex Ryan stated his team will fight to the end, but will they?

The Redskins on the other hand come off their first road win of the season against a scrappy Bears team. After taking a 14-0 lead, both teams trading touchdowns before the 2nd half came around where the Bears came back to tie it all up. It appeared the Redskins might flounder away and fall in to the pressure, but Cousins and Reed kept the team moving the ball, and another overall good performance by the defense, and of course a miss by the Bears Robbie Gould late in the 4th to tie it up sealed the Bears fate.

This is another important game for the Redskins, moreso than the Bills, but Ryan will have his defense playing hard, and a shifty QB with good scrambling abilities will give the Redskins secondary fits unless a spy is dedicated for Tyrod Taylor. To stay atop the NFC East, the Redskins will once again have to play with as few mistakes as possible, because the Bills are a team who can capitalize on mistakes very quickly.

Look for this game to be physical; Ryan's defenses always play hard, and undisciplined at times, so patience will be at a premium. More than likely they will double up on Reed who has been a force the last month, so someone will have to step up to the plate and carry the load. DJax may be limited or out, depending on his injury, so it could fall onto Garcon or Crowder to get the job done, as the running game continues to struggle.

When the dust settles and the buffalo roam,

Redskins show they want it more

Redskins 27

Bills 19

First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap !

To this day, I still hate that we gave up those two late TDs to the Bills in the SB. Should've won 37-10.

Usually, I'd agree with you - but I remember watching it at the time and it really didn't matter to me. That Redskins team was just so head and shoulders above anyone in the league, I was just 'meh' at the late touchdowns - Kelly and that Bills team were shellshocked

I just saw dominance like i've never seen in the league before or since - there was no aspect of that team I felt was flawed or could be exploited

I don't make predictions. Ever.

But I will say this: the Bills season was effectively ended last week. They have a VERY outside chance and the players know it. The Skins have a REAL chance of winning the division. The Skins SHOULD win just based on motivation.

However, I'm so used to the Skins getting to spots like this and blowing it, I'm nervous.

I'll hold off on a prediction. A win would exorcise another demon (winning back-to-back games) but doesn't have a whole lot of significance in the division race. 

It would be a big win against a very aggressive defense. I don't love this match up (tough team, explosive running back, mobile QB, aggressive defense, etc.). It doesn't set up well for us...

Edit - I have been waiting to predict and I haven't really been close so why not just do it now!

I think we struggle all day long to be honest. I see our D giving up third-down conversions left and right because of the threat of Tyrod's legs and the elusiveness of Shady. I also hate how we match up against their D. Granted, I've barely seen them play, but I am getting a feeling that they play similar to what Dallas came out and did last Monday night. 

So, I see a tough one...my best guess is an ugly 27-13 loss. 

The good news is that we might still control our own destiny if we win our last two divisional games (and the Giants lose tonight or next Sunday). In some ways, I wouldn't be devastated to eventually learn that we sprinkled in some Eagle game-planning this week as well. 

I can't resist bringing this up cuz it still pisses me off - a few years ago Peter Queen did an article on the top 5 teams of the Superbowl era, and to noone's surprise, did not include the 91 Skins. He did however put the stinking 1990 Bills on there! That's right - a team that lost the SB was better than the team that one year later completely blew them out of the SB. When a fan asked why the 91 Skins didn't make the list, PK said they just never dominated teams like the other guys on his list. WTF YOU GIGANTIC FATASS? We set a record for point differential in the playoffs. The Bills, seriously? Just because you came within a point of beating a team playing their backup QB....

Usually, I'd agree with you - but I remember watching it at the time and it really didn't matter to me. That Redskins team was just so head and shoulders above anyone in the league, I was just 'meh' at the late touchdowns - Kelly and that Bills team were shellshocked

I just saw dominance like i've never seen in the league before or since - there was no aspect of that team I felt was flawed or could be exploited

Oh no doubt we dominated them. I just feel the final score made it look closer than it really was. The game was never in doubt.

It all depends on what Bills team will show up.  The one that had over 100 yards in penalties or the one with a very good D when they are playing well.  The bottom line is we have a lot of key players that are hurting right now including DJ.  The good news is even if we lose I don't see the Eagles beating the Cardinals and it will come down to us beating them the following Saturday.  Even if we win and they lose we still need to beat them the following Saturday.  So yes this is a big game, but it may not be a must win.  

Still we should beat the Bills and get our first back to back victories.  I am going to that game which for me is almost 100% loss but hey prove me wrong Redskins.

I don't make predictions. Ever.

But I will say this: the Bills season was effectively ended last week. They have a VERY outside chance and the players know it. The Skins have a REAL chance of winning the division. The Skins SHOULD win just based on motivation.

However, I'm so used to the Skins getting to spots like this and blowing it, I'm nervous.

You don't think they would have been motivated in the dallas game? and I agree with the blowing it part just look at the chi game we really wanted to blow it in that 3rd qrtr its just that chi blew it more in the 4th

You don't think they would have been motivated in the dallas game? and I agree with the blowing it part just look at the chi game we really wanted to blow it in that 3rd qrtr its just that chi blew it more in the 4th

That's kind of my point. They should have won Dallas. But the Skins get to big games and blow it more times than not. Hope THAT trend is broken more than any other.

That's kind of my point. They should have won Dallas. But the Skins get to big games and blow it more times than not. Hope THAT trend is broken more than any other.

I mentioned it above, but as a football coach what would your thoughts be on hedging a little this week during practice? Given that the Redskin/Bill and Eagle/Cardinal outcomes are not all that important compared to the 12/26 game in Philly, would you spend ANY time this week preparing for the Eagles? 

Archived