Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Panthers FINAL

TK

I thought Ross was hurt.

A couple of reporters said they saw Ross hopping off/favoring one leg from the practice on Wed.

He was never on the injury report, though, and practiced the rest of the week.

So I'm not sure if it is injury or performance related.

Regarding Ross... if I'm coaching a kid who does what he did on the first kickoff return last week, I'm not sure if I sit him for a week, but I he'll know I'm disappointed. 

On the flip side, I have no idea how you'd handle that at the professional level.

I am guessing that they are more comforatable with Roberts execution.  Roberts understands the offense and runs his routes.  He just drops the ball and is not a playmaker after the catch.

He also is an average at best returner.  I was just hoping Ross would have progressed, but I guess add another WR to the off season acquisition list.  One would hope the team will move on with Roberts next year.

I am guessing that they are more comforatable with Roberts execution.  Roberts understands the offense and runs his routes.  He just drops the ball and is not a playmaker after the catch.

He also is an average at best returner.  I was just hoping Ross would have progressed, but I guess add another WR to the off season acquisition list.  One would hope the team will move on with Roberts next year.

Let's be honest, if this game is going through Rashad Ross, we're going to be losing it.

Let's be honest, if this game is going through Rashad Ross, we're going to be losing it.

Neither Ross or Roberts will be big factors.  My point was I was hoping that Ross would have developed to a point to simply replace Roberts on the roster.  A number 3 WR at best.  Ross was never going to replace any of the starters.

Norman is good, but DJax will get by him a few times because he's healthy.  Hoping to hit one of those.

Don't like the Reed matchup against Kuechly and TDavis.  Hope Kirk doesn't force it there.  Look for Crowder and Garcon to get plenty of targets.

Cam will make some plays.  Gotta stop Stewart on early downs and get him to force a throw or two.

The Panthers can eat ****.  Turn it B&G.  Let's get it.

Neither Ross or Roberts will be big factors.  My point was I was hoping that Ross would have developed to a point to simply replace Roberts on the roster.  A number 3 WR at best.  Ross was never going to replace any of the starters.

He isn't being groomed as a 3.  He's being groomed as a 2. 

What I mean by that, is with a healthy DJax, you can afford to "groom" Ross in practice. 

Roberts and Ross aren't running the same routes at the same level.

lot's of Burgundy and Gold out there

Norman is good, but DJax will get by him a few times because he's healthy. Hoping to hit one of those.

Don't like the Reed matchup against Kuechly and TDavis. Hope Kirk doesn't force it there. Look for Crowder and Garcon to get plenty of targets.

Cam will make some plays. Gotta stop Stewart on early downs and get him to force a throw or two.

The Panthers can eat ****. Turn it B&G. Let's get it.

A lot of the fantasy gurus said they liked Reed to have a big week FWIW, we shall see.

I'm disappointed that Roberts is active over Ross.

I wonder if since the Panthers are a run first team the Skins might do some stuff like a 4-4-3

I would certainly use a lot of single high and give them some 8 men boxes. Play man outside and make sure you account for Olsen in the passing game - he is Cams security blanket. If we can't stop their running game it's going to be a long day.

A lot of the fantasy gurus said they liked Reed to have a big week FWIW, we shall see.

Heard the same.  Panthers are a team giving up (statistically) a lot of TE fantasy points.  Hope that happens today.  Starting Reed in league fantasy and on Fan Duel as well as draft kings.

We'll know pretty early on here if the Redskins brought their belief with them.

Can't have dumb mistakes.  Can afford a goof up or two, but can't have the turnovers and the drops.

Have to capitalize on stuff when it's there from the jump.

Archived