Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Panthers FINAL

TK

It's a video of Trent letting his man come around the corner and sack Cousins at the end of the game. It implies that he's given up on the game. One commenter suggests that he let it happen on purpose so the QB gets hit. He probably just missed the snap count (which is also bad).

Pretty sure Fatass snapped the ball early on that one. Looks like the entire rest of the team was caught off guard. He is one of the sorriest excuses for a football player in recent history.

Loss is on the Skins. How much of a loss has been significantly influenced by the refs.

Well, the second half was all on the Skins, but you could make a case the Skins could have been up at halftime... They were down 17. It was a 14-point swing on the Culliver play, Reed didn't hold and Cousins was down on the strip sack. A lot of the first half played out because Boger's crew belongs with that ACC bunch. We will never actually know.

I agree.

I'm not convinced Kirk needs to stay yet, especially if Gruden ends up gone. I'm not feeling yet that Cousins can take whatever offensive scheme is brought in next and succeed in it.

If Scot M keeps him on, though, I'm all for it.

I agree.  This offense is tailor made for Kirk which is sometimes the danger in analyzing players and their abilities.  Many of millions have been spent and wasted on players that who some (many) believed you could stick into any system and it would work only to end up on the losing side of the deal at the end of the day.

He certainly has ability, how that ability transcends into different systems is the big unknown especially since he doesn't have one of the strongest arms. 

I agree.  This offense is tailor made for Kirk which is sometimes the danger in analyzing players and their abilities.  Many of millions have been spent and wasted on players that who some (many) believed you could stick into any system and it would work only to end up on the losing side of the deal at the end of the day.

He certainly has ability, how that ability transcends into different systems is the big unknown especially since he doesn't have one of the strongest arms.

In fact he has one of the strongest arms. I don't know why people keep repeating this nonsense about his arm strength:

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/

If you go back and read the pre-draft and combine notes, they all say the same thing: Great arm, solid mechanics, understands the game, but struggles with decision making. Same thing we see today.

To avoid leading with the helmet on our non INT TD, I feel like Culliver would have had to lower his head and put himself in a dangerous situation.  

How exactly are smaller DBs supposed to defend big TEs in situations like that anways, quick pass right in front of him.... drop and grab his ankle? Or stand back and swat his arms? 

Yeah I am still ****ing pissed. 

In fact he has one of the strongest arms. I don't know why people keep repeating this nonsense about his arm strength:

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/

If you go back and read the pre-draft and combine notes, they all say the same thing: Great arm, solid mechanics, understands the game, but struggles with decision making. Same thing we see today.

Combine and pre-combine assessments matters mean little in live action as their in a controlled environment.  If Cousins has low velocity throws to the left (which I've seen with my own eyes........which have led to interceptions this year) his combine numbers are not going to change that.  

2 names on that list jump out to me.....Joe Flacco and Cam Newton.  They rank lower on list then Cousins but I really can't recall arm strength ever being a critique of either other them them.

The Redskins are just HeartBreakers..

Now you see me now you don't.

We had plenty of opportunity, but turnovers ain't winning you nothing on the road or ever.

Our D hasn't progressed very much. LB play has plummeted. No Run D.

Their Dline manhandled ours and they blitzed on top of it.

We are still in the mix, and will have to face our worst nightmare to stop the avalanche..will be fun to to see if we can take this next step forward..

Here's my assessment of the game Sunday.

It's like a great thick root beer float.

You stick that straw in, and you fumble a bit with the straw wrapper and getting the straw far enough in, but eventually you punch through, and get one or two really good draws of root beer, then the icecream tries to follow up the straw, it gets rough.  You remove the straw and poke it somewhere else in the glass and get more good mixture of cream and root beer, but soon all the root beer is gone, and you have to really dig in with a spoon to get the juicy ice cream out and down into your belly.

That's exactly how I'd describe this last game.

Combine and pre-combine assessments matters mean little in live action as their in a controlled environment.  If Cousins has low velocity throws to the left (which I've seen with my own eyes........which have led to interceptions this year) his combine numbers are not going to change that.  

2 names on that list jump out to me.....Joe Flacco and Cam Newton.  They rank lower on list then Cousins but I really can't recall arm strength ever being a critique of either other them them.

I dunno man, I haven't ever thought to my self "damn if he just had a stronger arm he could have made that throw". I think you're referring to the pick 6 in overtime against Atlanta. I don't think a stronger arm would have mattered on that play. Even if it did, it was one play. Maybe my eyes don't see the same thing but I don't think this is his issue (nor do any of the folks who wrote pre-draft scouting reports on him).

Archived