Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Panthers FINAL

TK

our starter has a rib injury our backup acts like the ball is greased

That was Thompson so we've had 4 players fumble......incredible.

Now you blame the coaches. When one player fumbles, his fault. When everyone is fumbling, the coaches are to blame.

This type of performance especially how it happened (lapses across the board) is the stuff that gets coaches canned especially in the 10th game of the year.  It will be interesting how we respond with 2 division games upcoming.  If something similar occurs against 2 division opponents it could really determine if Gruden is out of the decision making process during the season and out entirely after.  Yes I do realize we had a nice few stretch of games, but you start to wonder if those were one offs vs the norm.

If anything those games showed we have talent, the use of talent it another matter. 

He's our best QB and probably our QB of the future so yes he definitely is worth that consideration. There's nothing to learn about him when he's getting blown up a second after each snap.

Consider yes but they shouldn't rush to signed him just yet. Definitely not long term or expensive

I know full well what he's asking. It was a general point. 

What exactly have you got to lose with Thompson over the other two? How much worse could it be?

Hail.

I don't think it's about how good or bad he is, his body can't handle enough touches to be the starter. He got hurt again at the end of the game, seemingly gets hurt every week. He looks good, but he's a change of pace guy.

He's our best QB and probably our QB of the future...

I'll concede the first, but the later is just too depressing. I also said that there's a chance for Cousins to learn something in hopeless situations. He's not some crazy awesome veteran that can afford to take snaps off. He's a borderline player that should still be grateful for any snaps he gets.

Cousins should still be in. Why would you take him out. He needs reps & game time. He's far from our proven long term #1 so why would you take him out. Let him get hit. So what, he needs the reps even in blow outs.

No. You're learning nothing from the tape at the end of this pathetic blowout, you don't keep him in there.

We'll remember this.  What a classless move.

If by "we" you mean the team, then bwahahahahahahahahaha!

If by "we" you mean the fanbase, yeah, I can believe that. I'll certainly remember if the fanbase roots for the Giants ('07,'11) or some other NFC East team to beat the Panthers.

It's crazy how my enthusiasm for this team has dropped over the years. I'm gonna switch to being a casual fan, it'll hurt less.

Funny that you feel this way as I have had this feeling for the last decade. I remember waking up Sunday morning with butterflies  when we were a good team. Now I wake up Sunday morning and say, "I guess I will waste another day watching my team get creamed." It doesn't seem to matter anymore. The Saints fired their DC after we embarresed them but nothing will change in Washington. I want Sean Payton next year.

Be pretty confident we'll end up signing him. He's been pretty good overall. There's also no better QB's in free agency and not a tonne of talent in the draft.

His turnover issues and lack of correcting them scare me tremendously. Just keep building the team and get journey QBs in the meantime if you have to. Let Colt be the starter, he'll never demand a high contract.

Regardless of how good Kirk is playing he's still only 6-13 as a starter. His TD to TO ratio this year is 15-12. Again, I see no rush to sign him long term right now.

so, considering the receiver is falling and chooses to duck his head does anyone else think that needs to be made into the offensive player penalized if there is a penalty.  He chooses that the contact happen that way after all

One year they make the rule that a defensive player can not lower his head when going in for a tackle.  The next year they make the rule that an offensive runner can not lower his head when about to be tackled.  Seems like they both constantly lower their heads to protect themselves but the defensive player always gets the call against them.  I don't remember one instance where it was called on the runner.  Why bother making these rules.

Archived