Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - #Redskins at Panthers FINAL

TK

It isn't about Cousins or any single player. We are not a winning team for a few reasons:

1). We lack effective leadership from the top. People are happy that our owner doesn't make football decisions. Ok. But we also lack what a good owner provides. Not making football decisions per se, but building a strong organization and mentality. It even goes beyond hiring good football people. Ownership sets the tone and ours is terrible.

2). Talent. We lack the freak, high end talent that other teams have. Those players who are top 3 in the league at their position: Julio Jones, Khalil Mack, Muhammad Wilkerson, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Marshal Yanda, Revis, Luke Kuechly, Antonio Brown, Sherman, Brent Grimes, Gronk, J.J. Watt. Guys that you can count on to beat the man in front of them on every play. We have one of them (TW) but we need a couple more (at least).

3). Coaching that inspires.

Try not to be a moron. Someone stated there were no available QBs and I stated that there may be 2 available. Never said we should sign them. I did say I would like Payton here.

No, you mentioned them in the context of their availability and I called those suggestions out on their Vinnyness - we've been there as a team too many times - let's not do it again

PS try not calling me a moron - moron - and we'll all get on much better pal

People beating up on Kirk Cousins is ridiculous. Aside from DJax he was probably our best offensive player today. It's not saying much but Cousins got zero help from anyone today. Even his run play got called back because Reed unnecessarily held and was called for it. Everyone played like **** today on offense and defense. Cousins is still our best option both this season and next season. 

No, you mentioned them in the context of their availability and I called those suggestions out on their Vinnyness - we've been there as a team too many times - let's not do it again

PS try not calling me a moron - moron - and we'll all get on much better pal

PS Like I stated earlier, someone said there were no available veteran QBs available and no good prospects in college and I stated I know of pos two, Bradford and pos Brees. I never said we should persue either of them so go back and read the entire thread before you shoot your mouth off

Did you truly believe we were a bad team before today? I'm not saying that I thought that we were a good team, but I thought that we were a team on the improve and certainly expected them to be more competitive than they were this afternoon. It's no argument that our home schedule has been easier than our away one. But the way we have played at the Giants, Jets, Patriots and Panthers has been nothing short of pathetic and for a team that most on here, including myself, believed was heading in the right direction, to play like we have in those four road losses is inexcusable...regardless of how good the competition might be.

We're on the upswing, but we're still bad. It's not a steady ascent to contention even if we are going in the right direction. There are dips and drops and plunges on the way up.

That's what was said by many about Griffin after the Lions preseason game...

BS. You have a long body of work where Griffin showed no ability to get rid of the ball. Those issues go back to 2013. The Lions game was not the deciding factor in Griffin's fate.

PS Like I stated earlier, someone said there were no available veteran QBs available and no good prospects in college and I stated I know of pos two, Bradford and pos Brees. I never said we should persue either of them so go back and read the entire thread before you shoot your mouth off

No - by implication you mentioned (according to you - I'm not going to research it) the only two available qbs - why - if you had no intention of proposing them as the way forward, why bring them up - it's a moot point. If you want to shoot your mouth off about available qbs in the context of our qb woes then I'll pick you (or anyone else up) on that call if I think it's a bad call. I'm not sorry if I don't agree with you pal

People beating up on Kirk Cousins is ridiculous. Aside from DJax he was probably our best offensive player today. It's not saying much but Cousins got zero help from anyone today. Even his run play got called back because Reed unnecessarily held and was called for it. Everyone played like **** today on offense and defense. Cousins is still our best option both this season and next season. 

There wasn't anyone on the offense today that does not deserve to be beat up lol...

BS. You have a long body of work where Griffin showed no ability to get rid of the ball. Those issues go back to 2013. The Lions game was not the deciding factor in Griffin's fate.

Amazingly faulty logic there. It's the same as saying Brandon Merriweather should be called for helmet-to-helmet hits even if his helmet didn't actuallly come in contact with the other player's helmet, simply because he's done it too many times before.

And who the **** said it was the "deciding factor" in Griffin's fate? I said the same viewpoint expressed for Cousins today was expressed for Griffin after the Lions game. That is undeniable to anyone living in reality.

Didn't you listen to Cooley? That was all Griffins fault while this is everyone but cousins fault. Gotta get with the Cooley program man

I'm listening to the post-game show and it's odd that we now blame linemen and RBs for sacks.  I thought they were always on the QB.

I am almost certain that Gruden will be fired at the end of the season, for me he is way out of his depth. Also in earlier post I have read Sean Payton's name mentioned, He would be a good hire but will there be anybody available who is well known by Scot Mccloughan.

Well if Gruden gets fired, I sure hope Payton isn't the next coach. Coaches that win a SB/SB's in one place do not have the same success when they go elsewhere. In fact, I can't think of a coach that won a SB in one place and then went and won it with someone else.

There wasn't anyone on the offense today that does not deserve to be beat up lol...

Fact. But the crowd of people that flip flop every week on Jay or Kirk or just about everyone on our roster or in our front office are just stupid. Kirk needs to stay. I'm indifferent with Jay -  I don't think he's the worst coach in the last 10 years nor the best. But I don't really know who will be out there that's a better option either. So much of the accountability has to come from the players. When your defensive captain is Dashon Goldson and he routinely misses tackles where does the player accountability come from to rip guys apart for missing tackles. Personally I'd like to see one of the coaches over there lighting a fire under some offensive players asses after dropped passes and fumbles. The accountability within the players corps seems lacking, in large part because the some of the captains and leaders of the team still routinely make a lot of mistakes. Hell, if Trent is going to be our offensive captain every year why is he not over there yelling at Reed/Jones/etc for fumbling the ball all over the place and penalties. Get guys motivated when they're just sitting on the bench with their heads down acting defeated when it's a two score game. The teams' attitude and demeanor on the sidelines the whole game seemed inexplicably lethargic and defeated. I just don't get it. 

Did you truly believe we were a bad team before today? I'm not saying that I thought that we were a good team, but I thought that we were a team on the improve and certainly expected them to be more competitive than they were this afternoon. It's no argument that our home schedule has been easier than our away one. But the way we have played at the Giants, Jets, Patriots and Panthers has been nothing short of pathetic and for a team that most on here, including myself, believed was heading in the right direction, to play like we have in those four road losses is inexcusable...regardless of how good the competition might be.

I swear in most of those games refs took  good part of our momentum

Fact. But the crowd of people that flip flop every week on Jay or Kirk or just about everyone on our roster or in our front office are just stupid.

I agree.

Kirk needs to stay. I'm indifferent with Jay...

I'm not convinced Kirk needs to stay yet, especially if Gruden ends up gone. I'm not feeling yet that Cousins can take whatever offensive scheme is brought in next and succeed in it.

If Scot M keeps him on, though, I'm all for it.

Archived