Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

It has been discussed here, but I think the big story is that Bannon and Miller are running the White House.  Our policies are being made by Breitbart, and it's incredibly dangerous.  This ban has nothing to do with terror.  It is a divisive tactic employed by white supremacists. 

The fact that those two nazis gained access to our policy making decisions is a total failure by our leadership and electorate. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Mitch McConnell, is, if nothing else, extremely consistent in his terribleness.

He has a chance to lead the charge in defending America from Trump, and he's all "eh, courts got it, I got golf or something."

I'm not disagreeing completely, but I did get the sense from his interview this morning that he is extremely pissed off with Trump and all this action going on. I actually think we will see push back in some places by the GOP senate. 

33 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I think he has enough of a base, unfortunately.  Look how Rural America came to vote for him in droves.  Many rural areas that Obama won, Trump managed to win.  Now, back then we had a terrible economy, and they had no choice.  But the moment the economy improved, you can see how they actually feel.

Or maybe it is because their economy didn't improve so they moved to the the next politician promising relief?

Crazy thought right

12 minutes ago, twa said:

Or maybe it is because their economy didn't improve so they moved to the the next politician promising relief?

Crazy thought right

They don't like Dem solution of work hard, learn new skills and move to where jobs are if necessary.

Which ironically used to be the Republican message. Funny how attitudes change as the economies of rural and urban America flipped.

"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" was fun in Real America while it lasted. Now it's blame the immigrants, blame the Muslims and blame the vast globalist conspiracy. Donny Trump is here to bring back yer jerbs.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

You think it's just that one reason?

Well why else would the stupid racist  assholes have voted for Obama?

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They don't like Dem solution of work hard, learn new skills and move to where jobs are if necessary.

Which ironically used to be the Republican message. Funny how attitudes change as the economies of rural and urban America flipped.

"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" was fun in Real America while it lasted. Now it's blame the immigrants, blame the Muslims and blame the globalist. Donny Trump is here to bring back yer jerbs.

Yes it is always fun when things flip.

Dissent is patriotic again

Secession is cool.

States Rights are in fashion.

Local control is better than Supremacy Clause.

Obstruction in Congress is preferred

ect

ect. 

Ain't people fun?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Trying to get caught up today.  So Bannon was added to the National Security Council?  That guy wants to start a war.  I'm sure he'll succeed.

What a terrible time in our history.  God help us all.

Trump is on a fast track to impeachment so maybe we can avoid the disaster scenario.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Yes it is always fun when things flip.

Dissent is patriotic again

Secession is cool.

States Rights are in fashion.

Local control is better than Supremacy Clause.

Obstruction in Congress is preferred

ect

ect. 

Ain't people fun?

I agree. I think many Dems see the value in a lot of old school Republican principles now. I hope it sticks for the well being of this country and I will do my part in maintaining it even when Dems come back to power.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twa said:

Crazy thought right

1. You're suggesting that they moved OFF of Obama. You know that isn't true.

2. There were multiple politicians making such promises. There's something special about Trump.

3. There's going to come a point really soon where you will say enough is enough.

Just now, twa said:

Well why else would the stupid racist  assholes have voted for Obama?

That was right after the Great Recession.  In a situation like that, you have to think of your family.  You can't think of abortion or immigration.  People blamed Bush for the economy. So the Republican party paid the price.  The economy is good enough now that you can think of "values".

Yes, I think that if there is a recession, those same people would dump the Republican party.  I am looking at how red W. VA has become.  It used to be a blue state.  I hope this doesn't happen in states like Wisoncin, but there is a possibility.

I think they see a different economy than many of you.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

2. There were multiple politicians making such promises. There's something special about Trump.

There was something special about Obama's pitch as well.....you just wish to ignore it.

Hillary did.:ols:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not disagreeing completely, but I did get the sense from his interview this morning that he is extremely pissed off with Trump and all this action going on. I actually think we will see push back in some places by the GOP senate. 

Maybe.  But he's got to have a spine and act.

Rubio slammed Tillerson hard.  Then voted to confirm him.

McConnell says the right things about 20% of the time, but DOES the right thing 0% of the time.

I'm cutting him zero slack until he takes active steps to reign in Trump's excesses.

Outside of that, I found this funny, in a "holy crap they are ruining lives but jeebus the sheer INCOMPETENCE":

• Like 2