Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

45 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

But it's not a religious ban!!!

I'm not sure that's entirely a bad thing, though it should certainly more than just Christians, Yazidis come to mind.  I have no immediate objection to prioritizing minority groups that are in the greatest peril at times of crisis.  We understand privilege and perils faced by minorities more these days than every before, why would we not apply that same thinking here.  Does human nature not apply there?  Are the people there particularly accepting of religious freedom? 

I'd like to see some reports on what religious minorities are facing in among the refugees.  It's a reasonable concern. 

Too bad Trump isn't reasonable and he's doing this purely for political reasons.  He doesn't care about Christian refugees, he cares about his supporters seeing him appear to help them. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how to remove curse words from tweets? There are quite a few more that I could post, but due to bad language, I can't post them. I'm using a Mac desktop, and honestly, I don't have any special apps or anything like that to get rid of them. So, I guess I'm asking if there's a way to eliminate specific words without having to download anything?

5 hours ago, brandymac27 said:
So far no news at all from the GOP, except this idiot Richard Spencer:

I will say you do see individual Republican criticizing it.  Ben Sasse (who agree with very little on) is an example:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-sasse-trump-executive-order-refugees-too-broad-amash

" Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE) on Saturday said that President Donald Trump’s executive order temporarily barring refugees entry to the United States was “too broad” and risked serving as recruiting fodder for terrorist groups. "

And from a national security stand point.

• Like 1

What happens when DHS workers refuse to follow the liberal judge ruling and only will follow their presidents orders.

Who arrests them?

Will they be pardoned? 

What happens if the Executive Office comes out and says they will pardon anyone that refuses to follow the judges orders?

15 minutes ago, daveakl said:

What happens when DHS workers refuse to follow the liberal judge ruling and only will follow their presidents orders.

Who arrests them?

Will they be pardoned? 

What happens if the Executive Office comes out and says they will pardon anyone that refuses to follow the judges orders?

Then we have a constitutional crisis and John Marshall and Thomas Jefferson will spin in their graves.

Edited by bearrock